Deodhar Trophy

Mosher

I think that it's what he has evolved into. Did quite well with ball a few seasons ago in Ranjis.

I think his FC bowling stats have always been moderate, never great. Problem is the kind of pitches they play in J&K are also important. Spinners are never going to do much on those pitches and always play second fiddle. I think he has some good potential as a batting alrounder. He is certainly better organised as a batsman than Jadeja.

I think his FC bowling stats have always been moderate, never great. Problem is the kind of pitches they play in J&K are also important. Spinners are never going to do much on those pitches and always play second fiddle. I think he has some good potential as a batting alrounder. He is certainly better organised as a batsman than Jadeja.

Bowling-wise, esp in SC? that's the factor in SC that sets jaddu apart... he functions almost as a full bowler on helpful tracks.

Bowling-wise, esp in SC? that's the factor in SC that sets jaddu apart... he functions almost as a full bowler on helpful tracks.

but even Rassol picked up a 7-fer in a warmup match against Aussies when they last toured here. Most Indian spinners will do well when you serve pitches like those.

but even Rassol picked up a 7-fer in a warmup match against Aussies when they last toured here. Most Indian spinners will do well when you serve pitches like those.

that's the only perf of note that comes to mind. jaddu's fc bowling record, albeit on doctored pitches, is better. Even in the earlier seasons, when rajkot was a road, jaddu usually had decent stats.

he bowled up to 140 in his earlier spell which is good for a 20 year old guy.

But I don't think he is anything special like he was hyped up here. Looks just an ordinary bowler. In the morning, conditions were very very good for bowling and he got the advantage. Now when batsmen are set and there is no movement, he is very not at all threatening.

Dude am watching live and he is never crossing 134 

Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is pace. When I see Nathu Singh, I see Thommo + Akhtar rolled into one with the steepling bounce of Garner, the all-round skills of Akram and Marshall, and the accuracy of a McGrath. Do you also see what I see ;) ?

Avesh Khan is in the U19 squad. We will get to see whether he has maintained that pace in the U19 World Cup.

Good to hear he's alive and kicking then (well, maybe not the last part so much).

Nathu Singh's is looking like a tall fast-medium bowler to me.

Doubt he a genuine fast bowler as of now...may become one as he grows older, as he is only 20 and indians are not at their quickest at that age.

BUT

His run-up as well as arm rotation speed are not like a very fast  bowler.

Action is not fluid. Lot of effort at the final moment.