Deodhar Trophy

Mosher

Nathu Singh's is looking like a tall fast-medium bowler to me.

Doubt he a genuine fast bowler as of now...may become one as he grows older, as he is only 20 and indians are not at their quickest at that age.

BUT

His run-up as well as arm rotation speed are not like a very fast  bowler.

Avesh Khan was allegedly bowling at around the same pace when he was younger (~18).

His coach at MRF said that he has been clocked up to 145K in the nets. Here, you can see he has not been trying to bowl quick at all, still clocked 135 plus in his first spell. He has been termed special not just because of pace, but because of his ability to bowl wicket taking balls. He is rookiee, cut some slack. He will get quicker as his body matures. Bowlers can gain pace till they reach age 24-25 because by this age your body matures.

I seem to vaguely recollect Avesh khan touching 140 when he was 17-18? i wonder what's happened to him. become another thundering trundler?

Yes, he did. He will play for U19 WC, will see his pace there. Because in domestic matches, speeds vary a lot and so many times, bowlers are clocked slower than they bowl in international matches.

His coach at MRF said that he has been clocked up to 145K in the nets. Here, you can see he has not been trying to bowl quick at all, still clocked 135 plus in his first spell. He has been termed special not just because of pace, but because of his ability to bowl wicket taking balls. He is rookiee, cut some slack. He will get quicker as his body matures. Bowlers can gain pace till they reach age 24-25 because by this age your body matures.

Sure. In general, Indian pacers are cut waaay too much slack though.

Why is he not trying to bowl quick ?? Genuine question. If he does not have confidence in bowling fast in the match conditions, that too when opposition is reeling at 30 for 5, then when will he bowl fast.

Effort at the final moment is good for a fast bowler.

I was talking about his relatively slower arm rotation speed compared to a genuine quick.

He is not express by any means. He can jag the ball back in. That's how he got those 3 bowled wickets. If he can bowl upto 145K with an avg. speed of 140K that will be good enough I guess. 

LOL, I was wondering if I entered the wrong thread for a moment when I saw discussion about Rabada here.

They're thinking of grantng him Indian citizenship and luring him to play for Ind (a la England). Actually, I'm surprised that he isn't playing for Ingerland already.

Anyways I am not here to argue with anybody. Just saw him bowling for the first time and could not understand the hype for this trundler. I don't think he is gonna be anything special but would love to be proven wrong. 

But people like Dravid, Sandeep Patil and many ex-cricketers who have seen him bowl, think there is something special about him. This is also his 1st season in domestic cricket. Need to give him more time to develop.

LOL, I was wondering if I entered the wrong thread for a moment when I saw discussion about Rabada here.

Otherwise, Cummins clocked 150 at the age of 17. Among Indians Ishant clocked 150 at the age of 19 but lost that pace after one year. Monu kumar in last U19 world cup clocked 140 at 19. Ankit Rakpoot clocked 139 at 19. Rajpoot 2-3 years later is consistently quicker. In SMA trophy final, he looked really. Hitting quickest at 142, consistently in 135-138 range which is good for a 21-22 year old bowler because  he still has 2-3 years before he could reach his peak pace if he keeps bowling like this and does not get any major injury. I saw Bumrah clocking 144 at 20 in IPL.