South Africa v Pakistan

King

South Africa off to a decent start, 42/0 after 8 overs. Looks like Pakistan has brought Smith back to the form. Winning the toss and deciding to bowl Inzi would have looked for a quick break through but it hasn't come yet. Asif is bowling really well as ever and Rana leaking runs at ease as ever too :lol:

Re: South Africa v Pakistan Rana gave away 27 runs off one over :huh: 6 fours, 2 wides, 1 no ball and a dot ball. Wonder what does Pakistan see in Rana to keep him playing every other game. Are there no better bowlers in Pakistan than Rana Naveed? I don't see anything special in him. Every time I watched him he is taken for cleaners.

Re: South Africa v Pakistan Dear oh dear! What excuse is Woolmer going to fall back on now? After the Test loss, he brazenly put down Pakistan's defeat to overwork, conveniently ignoring the fact that SA had had to play 6 consecutive Tests, and went into the final Test without stars like Pollock and Nel. Not only that, Steyn missed 2 Tests, and in the only one in which he figured, he showed what he could have achieved had he been available. Now, reeling at the receiving end of a brutal onslaught, Pakistan are finding out some home truths about themselves, not the least about their captain, who put in the opposition to bat on a beautiful batting track to escape facing Ntini and co while the early moisture was around.

Re: South Africa v Pakistan Hafeez strikes twice in an over. Now gets Bosman out. Surprise, surprise, surprise.... Akmal holds on to a catch too. That's a stumping and a catch for Akmal. Now then, he must be hailed the best in the world eh :hic:

Re: South Africa v Pakistan

Hafeez strikes twice in an over. Now gets Bosman out. Surprise, surprise, surprise.... Akmal holds on to a catch too. That's a stumping and a catch for Akmal. Now then, he must be hailed the best in the world eh :hic:
he is not even the best in his family....his brother is a better keeper but Kami off course is a far better batsman

Oh man what terrible bowling from Rana Naved....What a hot and cold bowler!!!In the last series against the WI he was the MAN OF THE SERIES and look at him now!!
My apologies in that case. I didn't quite follow Pak v WI as much. For some reason Rana has never impressed me. That maybe because he has not bowled consistently enough as every time I've seen him bowl, he has gone for plenty. The first over of international cricket I watched him bowl was against Sehwag and Sehwag treated him like a 6 year old bowler that has just learnt to hold a ball.

Re: South Africa v Pakistan ^ His first over maybe. he had a VERY VERY good ODI series agst us when we played pak at home- the year before last. He's a fine One day bowler ...good movement and deceptively quick.... i think im right in saying just back from injury which explains his form

Oh man what terrible bowling from Rana Naved....What a hot and cold bowler!!!In the last series against the WI he was the MAN OF THE SERIES and look at him now!!
My apologies in that case. I didn't quite follow Pak v WI as much. For some reason Rana has never impressed me. That maybe because he has not bowled consistently enough as every time I've seen him bowl, he has gone for plenty. The first over of international cricket I watched him bowl was against Sehwag and Sehwag treated him like a 6 year old bowler that has just learnt to hold a ball.
yea like i said either he is red hot or ice cold and is not worth the gamble.... i remember that over which you are talking about i think he went for 24 but came back quite well to get 3 wickets in the innings.

Re: South Africa v Pakistan Rana has an economy of 5.34 in ODIs :eew: Picked up 93 wickets in 56 ODIs at 26 which is not bad and his strike rate is also pretty decent at 29 but the economy of 5.34 doesn't sound a good ODI bowler. Less said about his test match stats the better. At an economy of 4, an average of 58 and a strike rate of 87 shows his utility as a bowler :lol:

Rana has an economy of 5.34 in ODIs :eew: Picked up 93 wickets in 56 ODIs at 26 which is not bad and his strike rate is also pretty decent at 29 but the economy of 5.34 doesn't sound a good ODI bowler. Less said about his test match stats the better. At an economy of 4' date=' an average of 58 and a strike rate of 87 shows his utility as a bowler :lol:[/quote'] In test matches i won't even touch with a 20 foot long rod but in ODIs he has the tedency to pick wickets( a bit like A Agarkar) but if all the main bowlers(Asif, Shoaib and Gul) are fit then there is no need to have him in the 11.