T20 squad for WC

No Pandey, Pandey cud bat and cud open

Virat cud also open

But rahane is there...........really, rahane cant bat anywere else than opening

Rahane will most be back up.

I personally feels Rahane's fielding got him selected over Pandey. Mostly Shikar and Rohit will open.

Plus i am sure the likes of Pandey will travel with the squad as "coach" as Dhawal Kulkarni was with during the WC in Aus. As the tournament is in India, I think Pandey Bhuvi Aaron etc will all be "coaches". If somebody gets injured outside the first 11 which will be close to the one which played in Aus recently India will just get these players to be in the team and first line.

I really don't get all the Aaron love. Not seem him in any domestic matches but the guy has been atrocious in international matches. I think he must have played 10 tests and 10 ODIs and he has been garbage throughout. No control over his line and length, just phaaaashit. We should not go the padosi way and pick braindead morons just because they bowl 140+. 

I really don't get all the Aaron love. Not seem him in any domestic matches but the guy has been atrocious in international matches. I think he must have played 10 tests and 10 ODIs and he has been garbage throughout. No control over his line and length, just phaaaashit. We should not go the padosi way and pick braindead morons just because they bowl 140+. 

how is one going to improve if he does not play. Most fast bowlers can be erratic in their early career. He has barely played 9 ODIs till now. 4 of them were in 2011 before his injury. So he has played 5 ODIs in last 4 years and you are judging him based on that. Look at Adam Milne. NZ still persists with him and has played 30 ODIs already without doing much just because he bowls quick, 145 plus. We here are talking about a rare breed. You cannot waste such bowlers. Let them play consistently for a period of time. We did persist with Yadav, did well in WC though he did not progress to my expectations, so, I have no problem if he is not selected in LOIs now. But now Aaron needs to be given more chances likes others.

how is one going to improve if he does not play. Most fast bowlers can be erratic in their early career. He has barely played 9 ODIs till now. 4 of them were in 2011 before his injury. So he has played 5 ODIs in last 4 years and you are judging him based on that. Look at Adam Milne. NZ still persists with him and has played 30 ODIs already without doing much just because he bowls quick, 145 plus. We here are talking about a rare breed. You cannot waste such bowlers. Let them play consistently for a period of time. We did persist with Yadav, did well in WC though he did not progress to my expectations, so, I have no problem if he is not selected in LOIs now. But now Aaron needs to be given more chances likes others.

Not against giving him more chances per se. We play so many JAMODIs. Could easily give him a few games there. Just against getting him to play an ICC tournament for practice. Also, he has been consistently crap in tests as well. He has played what, 10 tests? Could give him a few more against the weaker sides and see how he goes maybe.

If someone like BK keeps getting selected inspite of doing nothing for last 1 year, why not someone like Aaron who has hardly played any ODI's/T20's recently. Whatever games he has played recently he has improved a bit whereas accuracy is concerned but he still needs improve a lot. But he is not going to magically become a really good bowler by just bowling in domestic matches. 

Not against giving him more chances per se. We play so many JAMODIs. Could easily give him a few games there. Just against getting him to play an ICC tournament for practice. Also, he has been consistently crap in tests as well. He has played what, 10 tests? Could give him a few more against the weaker sides and see how he goes maybe.

Aaron has played only 9 test matches over a period of 5 years. He has had a start stop career so far because of injuries and whenever he has made a comeback, he has never got a consistent run. One match he plays and the next match he is dropped. We should judge him once he plays some matches consistently. He has shown improvement in the test matches he has played recently. He has a lot of potential and Indian fast bowlers be it Srinath or Zaheer have all taken a long time to develop into good bowlers. 

Exactly

Rahane over Pandey is inarguable - experience, proven T20 record make Rahane a better back-up for the top3 batting positions than Pandey.  Pandya and Negi are playing as the bowling allrounder - not the worst selections for the squad.  Hopefully Negi is good enough for international level.  

Shami's selection is also the right decision because they can always replace him if he is not fit by the time the tournament starts.  

I still feel Mishra missing out might hurt India in a key game - but to play him as the 2nd spinner makes Jadeja the 3rd spinner and Yuvi the 4th - that basically benches the Pandya/Negi slot and probably lightens up the batting a bit too much for the think tank's liking.  Shows our lack of confidence in the middle order IMO.  May end up costing India a crucial game.  May not.  Let's hope it doesn't.  

Not a dominant team, but arguably the best we can put up for sub-continent.  

Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli  (Rahane back-up)

Yuvi, Raina, Dhoni

Pandya/Negi/Jadeja - 2 out of these 3 will play - Most likely Jadeja plays all games unless injured.  

Ashwin - Lock since no Mishra in the squad.  

Bumrah/Nehra/Shami - 2 out of these 3 will play.  Maybe against Aus/Eng/NZ They might consider playing Pandya as 2nd seamer? But doubt that.  

Really? Link please. Shami is the only quality bowler we have in our hands.

I already posted links in this thread.

Shami averages 43 in IPL, 13 wickets in 23 matches. ER at about 9. Aaron 29 wickets in 28 matches at an average of 21 and ER of 8.54. Umesh too has decent record. Don't know what conceded Shami should be a certainty in t20 without proving anything in the format. Bk has been far better.