Gujarat Lions

Jersey #10

On 4/16/2016 at 0:05 AM, Jersey #10 said:

GL and RPS are temporary teams to replace CSK and RR for two years.

What happens if these team do well? Apparently after 2 years everyone will have a fresh auction. However I am sure BCCI will twist rules again. There is no way, for example, that MI will not retain Rohit Sharma. And if these new franchises do well, their owners will also create problems

3 hours ago, New guy said:

What happens if these team do well? Apparently after 2 years everyone will have a fresh auction. However I am sure BCCI will twist rules again. There is no way, for example, that MI will not retain Rohit Sharma. And if these new franchises do well, their owners will also create problems

Yeah... Fresh auctions makes no sense, as some players are core to the franchise and represent its identity - Kohli, Gayle for RCB, Gambhir for KKR, Rohit for MI..

14 hours ago, New guy said:

The owners only paid for being able to own the  teams for 2 years. I don't know what "problems" you're referring to. 

Apart from that, I could see these two teams up for a permanent fixture to make it a 12 team league. At that point though, the owners (these or new ones) could take the teams to other cities/states.