Winner of ASIA CUP 2016  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Winner?

• Pakistan
    • Sri Lanka
    • Bangladesh
    • India
    • Other

Team should not get too complacent by playing weak team like SL.Our middle order I s certainly untested,We can't keep faith on Yuvraj, Dhoni, Jadeja to finish high profile games.Our team is looking strong on the basis of good form of Rohit,Dhawan& Kohli,if this 3 fails we are in trouble.

Exactly.

We need to try out Negi in the lower-middle order and give more batting practice to Pandya. 

If we get a pitch like Pune,we are out of the tournament. We still can't bat on pitch which is helpful to seamers.

We have habit of making bowling superstar ie Mustfizur Rehman.We should not make rookie Pakistani bowler Raees into another Mustfizur

You are right.   3 out of 4 of our top test batsmen , who are good or decent players of seam, pace and bounce, ( Vijay, Rahane, Kohli and Pujara ) , are not in the T20 team as they are not so good in T20Is  . So, it is best for us if we don't get a track like Pune in T20s.

Edited by express bowling

It shows who is the best team in Asia for the particular time period. Its a good test for all sub-continent teams rather hyping.:cantstop:

Don't agree. If that were the case, talent wise, isn't your side Pakistan the best side in the 80s and 90s. But they have only 2 Asia Cups to show for. How??

Edited by Adi_91

Don't overestimate Negi. He looked good in the last ipl because Dhoni and Raina were struggling.

Unnecessary hype. Won't be surprised if he fails.

No need to overestimate or underestimate  him.

If selected in the 11, his role in a T20 would be to come at no.7 and hit a few big shots without taking time to get settled. Also, to bowl a couple of overs, sharing the 5th bowler's role with Pandya and Raina.

Just try him in a couple of matches in the Asia Cup and see how he fares. Ofcourse, the ideal time to try new players would have been 6 to 8 months back...but that was not done. Now, it has become necessary because Yuvraj's form is uncertain. He too has to be given chances to bat to test his form.

I personally dont believe the Negi hype either. A few season back he was a bit part CSK player. 

His IPL stats are poor

http://www.iplt20.com/teams/chennai-super-kings/squad/53/Pawan-Negi/

5 years and 21 matches. I wont judge him on his IPL batting stats for 2015. Cause he was batting really deep in the CSK lineup and i remember he used to have only a few balls per match. He has faced 73 balls in 10 matches. 7.3 balls per match and does have a good strike rate. But his bowling stats are poor  He has bowled 30 overs worth of balls or about 3 overs per match. 

So unless he has has had a really good domestic season. I am trying to figure out why he was propelled into team India. 

Edited by G_B_

I personally dont believe the Negi hype either. A few season back he was a bit part CSK player. 

His IPL stats are poor

http://www.iplt20.com/teams/chennai-super-kings/squad/53/Pawan-Negi/

5 years and 21 matches. I wont judge him on his IPL batting stats for 2015. Cause he was batting really deep in the CSK lineup and i remember he used to have only a few balls per match. He has faced 73 balls in 10 matches. 7.3 balls per match and does have a good strike rate. But his bowling stats are poor  He has bowled 30 overs worth of balls or about 3 overs per match. 

So unless he has has had a really good domestic season. I am trying to figure out why he was propelled into team India. 

Only justification the Negi supporters have is - "Steve Smith was a nobody few seasons back, see where he is now, two years are a lot bro"

I think the reason behind choosing Negi is because our T20 team was on the lookout for a player who can come in after the 16th over or so, bat for 10 to 15 balls and score at 150+ SR, hit a couple of sixes if possible and bowl a couple of overs. ( Negi has a SR of 150 + in the last 2 years in IPL )

We are not looking for conventionally good players who can build an innings and is a good batsman per se. 

Pandya is another such player who has already been taken ( he can build an innings too ). Who are the other options we have for this role ?  Deepak Hooda definitely. Who else is there ?  Question is...why is Hooda not being considered at all ?

Edited by express bowling