Match Threads - India Games and KOs - All Awarded

zen

For those who want to nominate themselves to create match threads for India in the Asia Cup and WT20 (current key tournaments). This thread can be used for non-India games as well. I think this is an exciting time to do good match threads as Ind is one of the favorites and also if you have a great record with the threads. Below is the schedule:

Asia Cup @ Mirpur / Dhaka

03/01 vs SL 

03/03 vs UAE 

03/06 vs ? Final

WT20

03/15 vs NZ @ Nagpur

03/19 vs Pak @ Dharamsala

03/25 vs ? @ B'lore

03/27 vs Aus @ C'garh

03/30 1st SF @ Delhi

03/31 2nd SF @ Mumbai

04/03 Final @ Kolkata 

You could nominate yourself as the main thread starter or even as the back up (just in case). This process will give the match thread owner the time to work on his/her idea without worrying about if someone else will just start a thread randomly. 

Talking about ideas - as we know, you could do something funny, something with data and stats, a combination of both, something sarcastic, etc., in short the sky is the limit. And unless absolutely necessary, avoid starting a match thread before the start of the previous game. Ideally, it should be started once the previous game has finished. 

Please nominate yourself as the main owner or as the backup! As mentioned, you can also use this thread to nominate yourself for non-India games. Anyone wanting to start a match thread can check this thread for availability as well. 

If no one has nominated himself / herself, the match thread is open for anyone to start. However, it should do justice to the occasion unless started 2 to 3 hours before the start of the game i.e. in emergency. In any case, to be safe and to avoid confusion, it is better to nominate yourself first before you start a match thread so others can see that you have started to work on it. This will also prevent others to start a thread while you are working on it. 

Hopefully, this initiative will help to avoid confusions, prevent match threads from being started randomly for important games and allow the opportunity to those who want to do something special and/or have a great record vs their favorite opponents! 

PS Please refer to post #3 for updates, availability and award status! 

PPS All matches have been awarded

:icflove:

Edited by rett

I will use this space to list, update and confirm the nominations. So please watch this space. 

# - Date - Match - Interested Candidate(s) - Status 

Asia Cup  

1. - 03/01  - vs SL - Viper - Awarded to Viper

2. - 03/03 - vs UAE - Open. No nominations required 

3. - 03/06  - Final - Viper, sourab10forever  - Awarded to sourab10forever / BlueBee

WT20

4. - 03/15 - vs NZ - ViperkruiserMalcolm Merlyn - Awarded to kruiser

5. - 03/19 - vs Pak - Viper, Sidhoni - Awarded to Sidhoni  Viper

6. - 03/25 vs ? - sscomp32 - Awarded to sscomp32

7. - 03/27 - vs Aus - BlueBee - Awarded to BlueBee

8. - 03/30 - 1st SF  - rett - Awarded to rett

9. - 03/31 - 2nd SF - Malcolm Merlyn - Awarded to Malcolm Merlyn

10. - 04/03 - Final - Viper - Awarded to Viper

Notes:

* Please get your nomination in asap

* Once you get a game, the next opportunity "ideally" would be given to someone new 

* In case of candidates requesting more than one game - If there are no additional candidates for a game within a certain time frame, the interested candidate is automatically confirmed 

* In the event you cannot start a match thread, it is your responsibility to find a replacement who could deliver a quality thread

* WT20 Final and SFs (where applicable)

• Candidates could be evaluated based on the ability to come up with high quality threads. If possible, to help your candidacy, please also post link to your best match thread along with your nomination
  • Those who have already started match threads could be eligible for consideration too for these games 

Edited by rett

I ll take SL and Final ( If anyone wants to do SL you may ) I ll take Final

WC : - I ll take NZ , PAK - We never won against NZ in t20's till now :aetsch:

I ll take SF AND Final if no one wants to do :aetsch: Its miles ahead but if i get i get my stuff right till PAK WC one we will see :) 

Let me know if anyone wants to do any of my list..

ek kaam kar sab tu hi rakle...hum sab yahan ghanta hi marenge. :whack3:

I want India v Qualifier (hopefully Bangla) WT20 in Bangalore

Please look at post #3 for available games ..... If the game you want has been awarded, discuss it with the particular match thread owner if he is willing to swap. Alternately, you could select from the open games  

Edited by rett

From post #3 (see it for details, updates, award status and availability) - available matches

a. Asia Cup vs UAE

b. WT20 - vs NZ

c. WT20 -  SF 1

d. WT20 - SFS

e. WT20 - Final 

If someone has a legendary track record, pls nominate

Edited by rett

Nice to see Viper's eagerness to start match threads. We need more such members :dance:

On the Ind vs Pak WT20 game, since Viper would be doing a couple of threads already and because Sidhoni has been doing ICC events Ind vs Pak match threads, like what sscomp32 suggested, let's keep the decision on hold for a few days 

The WT20s SFs and F can be opened up once the WT20 starts  

Right now the priorities are a) Ind vs UAE AC game and b) Ind vs NZ game in WT20 so please submit your nomination asap .... Note that when it comes to match threads - first movers have an advantage :winky:

Because we have a few Pakistani posters. They are invited to start threads for the Pakistan related games vs other countries :agree: ..... Likewise if SL, BD and other team fans are interested in starting threads for their respective teams, please submit your nominations too