When will Dhoni and the selectors learn their lessons

zen

Dhoni was just pure lucky .

First of all, he should have picked Bhuvi ahead of Ashwin. I hope he does that in the next match.

I do agree with him in using Yuvi ahead of Ashwin since Pakistanis play off spin really well..using yuvi ahead of Ashwin was a smart choice.

But, had he picked bhuvi after assessing the conditions, he wouldn't have to use Yuvi. Instead you would have got a genuine swing bowler who could have been really handy in such conditions.

If he continues to go with the same team, he is a hopeless moron . There is no thinking behind whatever he does. Should take more time to think about the team and the strategy rather than taking time to color his white beard to black.

Dhoni was just pure lucky .

First of all, he should have picked Bhuvi ahead of Ashwin. I hope he does that in the next match.

I do agree with him in using Yuvi ahead of Ashwin since Pakistanis play off spin really well..using yuvi ahead of Ashwin was a smart choice.

But, had he picked bhuvi after assessing the conditions, he wouldn't have to use Yuvi. Instead you would have got a genuine swing bowler who could have been really handy in such conditions.

If he continues to go with the same team, he is a hopeless moron . There is no thinking behind whatever he does. Should take more time to think about the team and the strategy rather than taking time to color his white beard to black.

Seeing how Kulasekara is doing tonight, I am not too sure if that will work.

We don't play four seamers because the ball stops swinging after the first 6-8 overs .

It didn't even swing for Amir in the 7th over he bowled .

People advocating 4 seamers, how many wickets did Pakistan or Bangladesh seamers pick after the first six overs against us ?

If Bhuvi is not even selection-worthy due to lack of form on a green-top pitch and conditions aiding swing then why have him in the team at all ?  Why not pick some other pacer   ?  

Would u give the new ball to Bhuvi ahead of Bumrah or Nehra who are both bowling exceptionally well?

We don't play four seamers because the ball stops swinging after the first 6-8 overs .

It didn't even swing for Amir in the 7th over he bowled .

People advocating 4 seamers, how many wickets did Pakistan or Bangladesh seamers pick after the first six overs against us ?

Not all pacers are swing bowlers.  On these wickets some bounce and seam movement was available throughout....which is why Pandiya bowled well in the later stages too.

Not all pacers are swing bowlers.  On these wickets some bounce and seam movement was available throughout....which is why Pandiya bowled well in the later stages too.

Pandya mostly used the bounce in the death overs .

So how do u explain Amir Mortaza and Taksin who swung the ball in first overs not swinging after the poweplays ?

So how do u explain Amir Mortaza and Taksin who swung the ball in first 6 overs not swinging after the poweplays ?

So how do u explain Amir Mortaza and Taksin who swung the ball in first overs not swinging after the poweplays ?

I am talking about bounce and seam movement as tools in middle and later overs.

I too agree that the ball stops swinging after 6 or 7 overs here.

You open with BK and Nehra and bowl Bumrah and Pandiya later on. 

Even better if we had an Ishant or Aaron on these pitches in place of an out-of-form Bk because they are bouncy bowlers.

Edited by express bowling

I am talking about bounce and seam movement as tools in middle and later overs.

I too agree that the ball stops swinging after 6 or 7 overs here.

You open with BK and Nehra and bowl Bumrah and Pandiya later on. 

So u relegate ur best bowler Bumrah from new ball and drop Jadeja who is ur best bowler in middle overs so that we can bowl four bowlers ?

And weaken the batting depth as well.

What exactly is the point of this apart from filling the fancy of some for playing 4 bowlers ?

If Pakistan and Bangladesh can't succeed with their fourth seamer what exactly is the point of us doing it when our spinners and Pandya are doing a good job.

Only thing we will achieve is us making Bumrah who extracts disconcerting bounce with new ball ineffective and weakening our bowling attack.