Rabada vs Amir

lebron_fan

better bowler  

48 members have voted

1. 1. better bowler

• Kagiso Rabada
    • Mohammed Amir

Rabada bowls pace.  In all formats.  regardless of conditions.  Amir trundles unless there's some extra "skin in the game".   Look at Rabada's test performances and contrast them with Qaidi # 5.  Both played a series in England recently.   

Its not even close.  

Amir is this generation's greenbro version of Irfan Pathan with the Pakistani talunt of phixing thrown in - promising start then fades away to a condition reliant bowler.   Best he can manage is an odd spell here and there that's worthy of being considered top class.  Rest of the time its non-penetrative bowling that is correctly reflected by his wicket statistics.  

52 minutes ago, chewy said:

Amir is definetely good, but rather have Rabada,

it's pretty clear by now Amir is selfish person, plays for the limelight and only capable of short bursts of world class bowling, then goes awol, then comes a nice juicy track and people go gaga, hype machine repeats.  

I don't know if he's selfish and all that - bit of extra speculation there IMHO.  But he's definitely over-rated and nowhere near as effective a bowler as Rabada.  

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Rabada bowls pace.  In all formats.  regardless of conditions.  Amir trundles unless there's some extra "skin in the game".   Look at Rabada's test performances and contrast them with Qaidi # 5.  Both played a series in England recently.   

Its not even close.  

Amir is this generation's greenbro version of Irfan Pathan with the Pakistani talunt of phixing thrown in - promising start then fades away to a condition reliant bowler.   Best he can manage is an odd spell here and there that's worthy of being considered top class.  Rest of the time its non-penetrative bowling that is correctly reflected by his wicket statistics.  

yes, there is no comparison between the two. amir is not suited for tests; he is, however, so-so in ODIs.

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Shami needs a dominating series, or even a test performance, away from home, to enter the conversation.   

And what dominating test series does amir or rabada have away from known conditions?? 

Amir shouldnt even in be in the contention or converstation,for rabada atleast there is a case based on record,however padded it is.

Anyways we ll see both soon enough in SA.

3 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

And what dominating test series does amir or rabada have away from known conditions?? 

Amir shouldnt even in be in the contention or converstation,for rabada atleast there is a case based on record,however padded it is.

Anyways we ll see both soon enough in SA.

Rabada just took a 10-fer and averages in the teens at home.   Has Shami taken a 10-fer anywhere yet?

Don't get me wrong, I believe a fully fit Shami is world class and bound to address this sooner rather than later. But he hasn't really taken wickets in bunches yet.  

4 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Amir and his age like other paks lol 

reminds me of story Swann told . As both him and shoaib Malik played in same under 19 World Cup . Swann  is 38 while Malik is apparently 35 :giggle:

do you have any video clips about this ?  :rotfl:

55 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Rabada just took a 10-fer and averages in the teens at home.   Has Shami taken a 10-fer anywhere yet?

Don't get me wrong, I believe a fully fit Shami is world class and bound to address this sooner rather than later. But he hasn't really taken wickets in bunches yet.  

thats difficult when you bowl with jadeja and ashwin,in subcontinent.

and as i pointed out i have no issue with you mentioning rabada,but amir??? what is that based on???

Edited by RAZPOR