A note to non- Indian Team Fans

zen

I have a recommendation to make to the Mods here in ICF. is it fine if we place a ban warning for members with over 50 downvotes. It so happens that all of them are trollers here. This will also discourage such rubbish posts that we open and care to read thinking it is worthwhile.

Agree. Any member with over 50 downvotes should get warnings. This will keep the trolls in check.

This downvote feature needs to be put into use.

Excellent thread.

The upvoting and down voting are also misused by these trollers. It is extremely disrespectful to just downvote all posts of a particular member that they may not agree with/argued with.

Actually the posters you are talking about are the ones who get down voted the most. 

Banning a poster just because they have a certain number of down votes is not a very good idea. There are some rules that need to be followed on here, and posters should only be banned if they break those rules. Down voting should probably be disabled.

The forum needs more active moderators. There is too much rubbish being posted, and it ends up going on for several pages before the thread is closed. 

Edited by HippoSucks

It seems as if a bunch of donald trump fans have taken over ICF.. this place used have guys who would argue for hours over their point of views rather than intolerant thin skinned fascists. You get people who down vote deleted duplicate posts. That's how good the system is used by some ICFers.. and you propose number of down votes should be used to ban members.. Great job guys..

Edited by Mahaa Raavana

It seems as if a bunch of donald trump fans have taken over ICF.. this place used have guys who would argue for hours over their point of views rather than intolerant thin skinned fascists. You get people who down vote deleted duplicate posts. That's how good the system is used by some ICFers.. and you propose number of down votes should be used to ban members.. Great job guys..

We welcome nice banter apart from people from across the cricket community to express views. That doesn't mean, anyone can spread wrong information, abuse other members and come up with wrong claims about other country cricketers without proof. This is immature and no public forum has room for that.

Whether down votes should be used to determine banning a member is a separate debate .... But why are you surprised at people down voting you when you have been totally biased and had nothing good to say about Indians, Indian Cricket and this forum

If people are down voting your deleted duplicate posts, it only reflect on the lack of quality of your posts where people feel like giving you more and more down votes

I think that the forum has been more than nice enough to posters like you. And rather than appreciating that fact, you come up with one more complain / accusation 

Edited by rett

Banning posters with downvotes ain't a good idea.. All these crap posters will unite and start up voting each other.

That's already happening. These bunch of posters who are most unfamous for their hate posts unite and up vote when it totally makes no sense.

When new members come and take a look, it looks bad on ICF overall, when poor quality of posts are up voted and when they see fights and hate posts being up voted. 

LoL. Asking you to stop posting crap is Donald Trump-ish? Dude you don't have a better work other than posting non-sense non-cricket related posts here. 

LoL. Asking you to stop posting crap is Donald Trump-ish? Dude you don't have a better work other than posting non-sense non-cricket related posts here. 

On ICF, he believes in the "right to litter"  :winky:  

Edited by rett

I had observed your posts over years. All you do is nothing useful to add to discussion and just abuse Indian posters and India. To top it all you support all irrelevant issues of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

you basically litter the thread and prevent it from having a civil and reasonable discussion.I would suggest you go back and read points 1 and 2 of the first post.Think why you have 140 downvote.

Every member is welcome to argue their point of view, even if it is criticizing an Indian player or the Indian cricket team.... with facts and figures to support that  point of view.

Light banter in the right spirit is also good and goes on here very often. No-one tries to stop that.

We have some foreign posters like Asim, Utalk and Keyboard Warrior...who have been doing that and are most welcome here.

There are some foreign posters,  like you,  who never write anything constructive and most of the posts are basically blind hate posts against India. These types of posts are just not welcome here.  Mods should communicate that to you.

Edited by express bowling

I have a recommendation to make to the Mods here in ICF. is it fine if we place a ban warning for members with over 50 downvotes. It so happens that all of them are trollers here. This will also discourage such rubbish posts that we open and care to read thinking it is worthwhile.

I would increase it to 200 downvotes (giving them reasonable time to change their behaviour) and if they dont improve, ban them for 6 months.

You too downvote for nothing, bro. Yesterday? Tit for Tat!

Whether down votes should be used to determine banning a member is a separate debate .... But why are you surprised at people down voting you when you have been totally biased and had nothing good to say about Indians, Indian Cricket and this forum

If people are down voting your deleted duplicate posts, it only reflect on the lack of quality of your posts where people feel like giving you more and more down votes

I think that the forum has been more than nice enough to posters like you. And rather than appreciating that fact, you come up with one more complain / accusation 

I think his posts are quite sarcastic and funny.

It's guys like Yami, Kippax (Read Yami) who are derailing the forum.

Quite a lot of saints in this thread.. most of you insult my country,our players and the team..and in your case rett you have insulted  my country's heritage.. every single match thread that involves SL is full of hate and insults.. Lungans,loins,bhikaris,beggars you name it..I've seen it all at ICF... whingakkara,lady jaya,Mahila.. the list goes on .. i don't care them  not being appreciated... but i have a problem when they are insulted endlessly.. and I retaliate harshly, I accept.