A note to non- Indian Team Fans

zen

The OP states - "First of all, I love the comments of many of the non-Indian Team fans. However, there are quite a few posters who just come here to troll or spread hatred. So below is a note to these type of posters:"

So let's not try to bring in all types of fans as only a particular category is being discussed here. That many fans are nice does not justify the action of those who are not. And those who are nice do not need to be defended as this is not even a discussion about them 

Edited by rett

Quite a lot of saints in this thread.. most of you insult my country,our players and the team..and in your case rett you have insulted  my country's heritage.. every single match thread that involves SL is full of hate and insults.. Lungans,loins,bhikaris,beggars you name it..I've seen it all at ICF... whingakkara,lady jaya,Mahila.. the list goes on .. i don't care them  not being appreciated... but i have a problem when they are insulted endlessly.. and I retaliate harshly, I accept. 

Regarding modification of the names of players...it happens with Indian cricketers also...like Fatwin, Dhobi, Rat, Pissant, Nohit etc.  I don't think it is meant as an insult towards other countries....more like posters having a bit of fun.   As long as it happens with players of different countries including India, it should not be considered as national bias.

I would request all serious posters here not to modify the names of other countries.  This is one aspect that is best avoided for a better forum experience.

Mahaa Ravana....a lot of leg pulling and banter goes on here ....if that did not happen then our forum experience would be boring.  Why don't you reply with the same without resorting to blind hate  ?

There are lots of posters here who are very appreciative of top Sri Lankan cricketers.  I was a big fan of Ranatunga as captain, De Silva the batsman etc.   Sangakkara is  appreciated a lot too in India.  Chameera is very impressive and many Indians fans are repeatedly saying so.  Malinga's ability as a LOI bowler is appreciated by most Indians too.

Mahaa Ravana.....You seem to have a lot of interest in cricket.......Why don't you write more about upcoming Sri Lankan cricketers and how the current ones are doing nowadays ?   That would interest a lot of Indian posters here.  

The OP states - "First of all, I love the comments of many of the non-Indian Team fans. However, there are quite a few posters who just come here to troll or spread hatred. So below is a note to these type of posters:"

So let's not try to bring in all types of fans as only a particular category is being discussed here. That many fans are nice does not justify the action of those who are not. And those who are nice do not need to be defended as this is not even a discussion about them 

Agreed - but problem is, such trash-leakers are unlikely to read your post.  In any event, I think this thread has served its purpose in at least, making clear the positive attitudes of majority ICFers towards 'visiting' fans.  And clarifying the distinction between banter, and offensive trolling  - revenge or otherwise.

@ rett

A very good topic bro.

I hope this thread would help bridge many misunderstandings  between us Indian posters and the serious foreign posters,

It would be nice if we had feedback from some other foreign posters as well.

Yes it would be good to have some feedback from foreign posters but apart from a few good foreign posters(KW, Asim etc) most are hit and run posters. They post(troll) a day before a India match and are nowhere to be seen during the match. They will only come crawling out of their holes if India is doing badly or loses the match.

Edited by Mosher

Regarding modification of the names of players...it happens with Indian cricketers also...like Fatwin, Dhobi, Rat, Pissant, Nohit etc.  I don't think it is meant as an insult towards other countries....more like posters having a bit of fun.   As long as it happens with players of different countries including India, it should not be considered as national bias.

I would request all serious posters here not to modify the names of other countries.  This is one aspect that is best avoided for a better forum experience.

Mahaa Ravana....a lot of leg pulling and banter goes on here ....if that did not happen then our forum experience would be boring.  Why don't you reply with the same without resorting to blind hate  ?

There are lots of posters here who are very appreciative of top Sri Lankan cricketers.  I was a big fan of Ranatunga as captain, De Silva the batsman etc.   Sangakkara is  appreciated a lot too in India.  Chameera is very impressive and many Indians fans are repeatedly saying so.  Malinga's ability as a LOI bowler is appreciated by most Indians too.

Mahaa Ravana.....You seem to have a lot of interest in cricket.......Why don't you write more about upcoming Sri Lankan cricketers and how the current ones are doing nowadays ?   That would interest a lot of Indian posters here.  

Agree with this @Mahaa Ravana, would be interesting to hear from you on new developments in Sri-lankan cricket.

sad thing is even if some members try to build some banter with non indian fans because its boring to keep chatting with indian fans all the time, some of our morons will not be able to tolerate that. many times some stupid ICF'er would hop along and provoke a friendly pakistani into madness. There used to be a pakistani fan called keyboardwarrior or someone else i cant remember correctly. he used to post pictures of pakistan all the time in the chitchat section. he used to be very friendly. but some of our idiots kept irritating him and he started biting everyone. i dont know whats his position now though. this was before the revamp.

Ok guys ..noted and will make an effort to add something worthy to the forum in future. . Thanks for the support and understanding shown..

awsm... Now only if we can somehow get something up the tiny brain of Yami then this thread would serve to its true potential.

Edited by sourab10forever

Ok guys ..noted and will make an effort to add something worthy to the forum in future. . Thanks for the support and understanding shown..

Great! to push the discussion in more productive areas some thoughts It would be great if others would bring insights from domestic and developing scenes from their countries. Would really love to hear how SriLanka continues to come up world class talent. I great respect the school cricket system in SL and would to read more opinions/articles/thoughts on it. how the cricketers from outside the known school system like Malinga, Murli etc. have broken into the system. 

Similarly hear from Pakistani posters on local tournaments etc. Where are the nurseries of fast bowling, what is driven the poor technique among the current crop of batsmen. 

Most fascinating is the rise of Bangladesh cricket - I know even less about system there than SL and Pak

International cricket will be what it is with its baggage of patriotism and rivalries which causes all this hate and trolling 

Edited by CoverDrive

Below is the example of the category of non-Indian fans this thread is mainly aimed at:

Look this is how filthy Indians are. Have some sense when you talking about one if the bloodiest and cruel genocide of the history. 

Whatever you did you did it for your own benefit. It is not in nature of Indians to help people out of good will. 

You took benefit of the situation like vultures

I guess the above generalizing comment in response to someone reminding him that Ind liberated BD. And as Adi remarked - he is constantly down voting posts of Indian posters. 

More than trying to have a healthy discussion or banter, it appears as if he is coming here to off load his hate. May be he thinks he is being heroic :rotfl:

Below are his latest posts:

bangladeshifan's Activity

1. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic India govt should not give any written assurances to Pak for security    9 hours ago

Look this is how filthy Indians are. Have some sense when you talking about one if the bloodiest and cruel genocide of the history. 
    Whatever you did you did it for your own benefit. It is not in nature of Indians to help people...
  2. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic Taskin, Sunny reported for suspect actions, coach Hathurusingha livid    9 hours ago

So for Bumrah it is hyper extention (well I agree he is clean) but Al amin is a chucker. Although he was tested and cleared. Hypocrites
  3. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic Taskin, Sunny reported for suspect actions, coach Hathurusingha livid    9 hours ago

give him a hand may be. Hehe
  4. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic India govt should not give any written assurances to Pak for security    10 hours ago

These guys cant secure their navy base, 5 star hotels and they will give security to cricket teams. LOL
  5. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic Taskin, Sunny reported for suspect actions, coach Hathurusingha livid    Yesterday at 1:39 PM

lol talking like Indians are all 6 footers. Hahahaha
  6. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic India govt should not give any written assurances to Pak for security    Yesterday at 1:11 PM

As I said earlier a country like India should never host any world event. 
    As I said earlier a country like India should never host any world event. 
  7. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic Taskin, Sunny reported for suspect actions, coach Hathurusingha livid    Yesterday at 1:10 PM

this post is a proof that BCCI did it with the help of agent Ravi. Case closed. 
  8. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic we will dig up the Eden pitch: ATFI    Wednesday at 4:20 PM

Morons, idiots. These adjectives go with Indians better.
  9. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic we will dig up the Eden pitch: ATFI    Wednesday at 3:45 PM

India should not be hosting any world event. Period
  10. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic World Twenty 20. Group Matches .Mar.8--13, 2016. Qualifying Matches.    Wednesday at 3:34 PM

Lol Indian fans and their IQ level
  11. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic we will dig up the Eden pitch: ATFI    Wednesday at 3:28 PM

True picture of India
  12. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic Bangladesh bowler Shahadat Hossain faces 14 years in jail for torturing minor maid    31 Dec 2015

At least we dont let criminals walk away free just because they are celebrity and rich. #chulbul-g@ndu
  13. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

14. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

bangladeshifan added a post in a topic 3rd T20I: India v South Africa at Kolkata on Oct 8, 2015    8 Oct 2015

Lol this is beyond pathetic. Next year t20 WC should be moved somewhere else
  15. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default 

Edited by rett

Below is the example of the category of non-Indian fans this thread is mainly aimed at:

I guess the above generalizing comment in response to someone reminding him that Ind liberated BD. And as Adi remarked - he is constantly down voting posts of Indian posters. 

More than trying to have a healthy discussion or banter, it appears as if he is coming here to off load his hate. May be he thinks he is being heroic :rotfl:

I agree, I have seen this guy's posts, what he does cannot be justified as banter or even trolling, most of his posts have nothing remotely to do with cricket, I am new here but isn't what he's doing here grounds for banning. What exactly is he adding to the discussions anyway?