Vijay Mallya thread

Singh bling

well first suspend all bank managers who approved loans for Kingfisher. Prosecute them if the bank managers were given bribes by Mallya.

Arresting Mallya won't do anything, better to prevent future charlatans like Mallyas by ensuring managers of state bank managers (or chiefs) are held accountable for providing loans to dodgy/loss making businesses or individuals. 

The Govt is responsible for helping him get away. It was not like this was not going to happen....it was jusst a matter of time. The finance Minister asking counter questions about Quattrocchi instead of answering why he was allowed to run away is disgusting. Are you iin competition for allowing law breakers get away. The BJP govt at the centre has not just allowed but looked the other way whiile he was doing it. So much for getting back black money back ,this that.Disgusting !

Rcb usse cheen lo, bas.

RCB owned by Diageo, and Mallya already kicked out of Diageo (though with millions of dollars in goodbye gift, lol)

wonder if his silver spoon fed nincompoop son will still show up at RCB matches

there is no doubts that vijay mallya failed miserably in aviation , there was no proper bankruptcy law earlier to defend himself !

he pledged his shares , properties and brand .. banks should sell whatever is pledged with them and make most of it ( shares pleged moved up substiantially should cover theor principle and  most of the interest) ..

On 3/12/2016 at 1:05 PM, beetle said:

The Govt is responsible for helping him get away. It was not like this was not going to happen....it was jusst a matter of time. The finance Minister asking counter questions about Quattrocchi instead of answering why he was allowed to run away is disgusting. Are you iin competition for allowing law breakers get away. The BJP govt at the centre has not just allowed but looked the other way whiile he was doing it. So much for getting back black money back ,this that.Disgusting !

He has defaulted on a loan. That is a civil case, not a criminal case. There is no case of bribery against him. At least yet. Though these charges will be pressed eventually. What do you want to hold him back for? On what charge?

The bigger culprits here are the bank officials and their political bosses who sanctioned the loans in the first place.

I may have gotten my numbers wrong, but he was loaned some 9000 cr from a consortium of nationalized banks. Of which he was agreed to pay 6900 Cr. In a country where famers commit suicide for not being able to repay loans as small as 20,000 Rs, the fact that banks agreed to lend him this kind of money without sufficient collateral is outright criminal.

He has defaulted on a loan. That is a civil case, not a criminal case. There is no case of bribery against him. At least yet. Though these charges will be pressed eventually. What do you want to hold him back for? On what charge?

The bigger culprits here are the bank officials and their political bosses who sanctioned the loans in the first place.

I may have gotten my numbers wrong, but he was loaned some 9000 cr from a consortium of nationalized banks. Of which he was agreed to pay 6900 Cr. In a country where famers commit suicide for not being able to repay loans as small as 20,000 Rs, the fact that banks agreed to lend him this kind of money without sufficient collateral is outright criminal.

Mallaya has a money laundering and fraud case against him in the IDBI loan case.

That's why his passport was blocked.I maybe wrong but wouldn't Money laundering come under criminal case?