World cup almost over for India

Stuge

Without the benefit of hindsight 

• 15th - NZ vs Ind - NZ (result out)
  • 16th - BD vs Pak at Kol on Mar 16th - BD can pull this one 
  • 17th - Aus vs NZ at D'shala - NZ might just do it esp with its bowling attack at D'shala
  • 19th -  Ind vs Pak at Kol - Ind
  • 21st - Aus vs BD - Aus 
  • 22rd - NZ vs Pak - 50/50 
  • 23rd - Ind vs BD - Ind
  • 25th - Aus vs Pak - Aus
  • 26th - BD vs NZ - 50/50
  • 27th - Ind vs Aus - 50/50

Team - Played - Won (or Likely to win) - 50/50 - Lost (or Likely to lose)

• NZ  - 4 - 2 - 2 - 0
  • Aus - 4 - 2 - 1 - 1
  • Ind - 4 - 2 - 1 - 1
  • BD -  4 - 1 - 1 - 2
  • Pak - 4 - 1 - 1 - 2

Based on the above^, Ind vs Aus could be like a QF :isalute:

Awesome insight @rett

Edited by Adi_91

England beat NZ in a warm up game few days back in a turning Eden Gardens wicket. This WT20 is really a roller coaster ride with anybody capable of beating anyone on the day.

Warm up matches don't count , teams don't take them seriously. India did pretty well in warm up matches in 2009 but lost badly when needed

Warm up matches don't count , teams don't take them seriously. India did pretty well in warm up matches in 2009 but lost badly when needed

It gives you a sense of where the weaknesses lie. Clearly, playing spin was NZ's weakness. I am not sure if we utilized that advantage well last night.

When No.1 spinner of world has figure of 1-32 on wicket where baby spinners of NZ were going 4-11, 3-18 then its clear we did not utlise that adavntage

Actually to be fair, they took some chances and it came off. It was not that bowling long hops. 

Jaddu bowled a lot of wides though. Not that it cost us the game, but he could have done a bit better.

Actually to be fair, they took some chances and it came off. It was not that bowling long hops. 

Jaddu bowled a lot of wides though. Not that it cost us the game, but he could have done a bit better.

Yes they took chances but Ashwin too got wicket on 2nd ball , but after that he was unable to get any wicket and went for 26 runs ,so overall it was not good bowling by Ashwin.I don't think anytime I saw batsmen uncomfortable against Ashwin as Indian batsmen were looking against NZ spinners

Nah,we just need to win our next 3 games.Pakistan game has come just at the right time (just like in wt20 2012 where we were winless for 7 consecutive super 8 matches) ,need to up our game and then continue with the momentum .

If we win 3 ,we'll definitely go through because I am sure 3 teams wont be tied at 3 wins each ,even with this win I dont think nzl have guaranteed a place in the semis ,they might easily lose to pak or even Bangladesh lol. Just to be on the safe side,we need to win big against Bangladesh