Shoaib Akhtar loses his cool on Star Sports HD

Mariyam

even i missed this, but i read on many tweets on twitter and tht to from indians and many of my freinds.

They all said it was pretty childish behaviour from anchor

As the porgramme started post commercial break, akhtar already was looking pretty pissed off and jatin sapru was laughing like an immature

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Compare how Jadeja is treated on Pak TV with much respect despite bagging Afridi 

True. That is what happens when you have people who have nothing to do with cricket and having no particular insights in the studio. They end up relying on 'extras' to entertain. And then a faux pas is always waiting to happen.

And this is all too common on TV now. Shows on retro Bollywood music hosted by musicians/lyricists themselves are always more fun to see than those by random anchors who have nothing new to add but keep belittling earlier singers on their sur.

Any discourse on mainstream TV in India inevitably degenerates to a shouting match where points are not debated in a logical manner but from a perceived holier than thou position. And if not that, then the anchor tries to troll the panelists who he has invited himself. The screaming matches and whatnot make for entertaining viewing ( at least for the first few times) but is very poor content-wise.

/end rant 

What was the conversation  Translate

Nothing much to translate. The anchor was sort of rubbing it in by smirking/chuckling when he reached out to Akhtar for comments. Akhtar was p*ssed, and rightly so IMO, and he asked the anchor why was he chuckling/smirking and why couldn't he ask for his comments/opinions in the right manner? After that the anchor was trying to find a way out. Quite petty and pathetic by the anchor and I hope he and the broadcaster faces some backlash. This was a great game, played in the right manner by both teams. Why spoil it in such a manner?