Was Taskin treated unfairly by ICC or not ? [POLL]

Was Taskin treated poorly by ICC ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Put aside all your hatred towards Bangladeshi fans and media, what's your reaction on Taskin's suspension ? Was he treated poorly by ICC ?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

Most of the fans here don't like Bangladesh team thanks to some of arrogant fans on social media. Those fans does not represent the view point of the total population but they are putting all of the Bangladeshis into shame. 

We came to know some facts like ICC did not find anything wrong with the deliveries that was primarily suspected, ICC asked to bowl him 9 bouncers in 3 minutes, asked him to test immediately, not giving him 14 days period and also giving the verdict within couple of days.

Just put aside your hatred for a minute and think rationally. I just wanted to know the opinion of most of the fans here. Was Taskin treated unfairly by ICC or not ?

The timing might be unfortunate for B'desh but some of Taskin's deliveries did seem like chucks. So I would say he wasn't treated poorly. In fact ICC is doing the right thing by coming down hard on illegal bowling actions after letting likes of Murali and Ajmal get away with blatant chucking for so long resulting in bowlers with dodgy actions mushrooming all over the world.

IMO I would ask you and other B'desh fans to do the same which you asked others to do in the thread, i.e., do away with victim mentality and stop assuming everything in the world is done to undermine B'desh. ICC and other boards have better things to do than targeting and bringing down B'desh cricket.

Loopholes in Taskin’s testing session

Firstly, as pointed out, the committee suspended him on the basis of illegality of his bouncer but as seen from footage from the Netherlands match, Taskin had not bowled a single bouncer in that match. As such, the committee was overreaching its bounds on the duties assigned to it. There was no fault found with his other deliveries.

ICC Regulation 2.2.13 for the Review of Bowlers Reported with Suspected Illegal Bowling Actions clearly states, "where the Independent Assessment concludes that the Player employed an Illegal Bowling Action during the Independent Assessment in respect of a specific type of delivery only, other than his stock delivery, the Player will be allowed to continue bowling in International Cricket but subject to the warning that should he continue to bowl any of the specific type(s) of delivery for which he has been found to have an Illegal Bowling Action, he will run the risk of being cited a second time".

Taskin’s stock delivery, the good length delivery, could not be faulted by the committee, and so the harshest possible punishment that should have been given to him is a warning.

Secondly, Taskin was asked to bowl nine bouncers in three minutes, out of which only three were found to have been bowled with an illegal action. Bowling nine bouncers in such quick succession would not be required of him in a T20, and so the committee had been out of line in this regard as well.

As Khan contends, “Taskin had traveled a lot and went through preparation for and playing 3 international matches in a short period of time; it's natural that he was suffering from fatigue, and his technique on the odd delivery fell away when asked to bowl 9 bouncers in quick succession.”

Khan also questioned the match official’s report, on the ground of which Taskin’s action was subject to scrutiny. He said that the report had only stated a "concern about the legality of the bowling action", whereas regulations stipulate that the match official must detail which kind of delivery there is a specific problem with and the specific reason.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/glaring-loopholes-thrown-taskin-ahmeds-suspension

Edited by broken_wings

As Khan contends, “Taskin had traveled a lot and went through preparation for and playing 3 international matches in a short period of time; it's natural that he was suffering from fatigue, and his technique on the odd delivery fell away when asked to bowl 9 bouncers in quick succession.”

This is the bone of contention. If he can bowl bouncers with an illegal action when he is in fatigue, then he will chuck again is it? @rett pointed it out in another thread.

don't get me wrong. I am also against chuckers and I'd be happy if anyone gets caught chucking. However, in this process, I don't want anyone to be treated badly. In this case of Taskin, it seems he found guilty of those deliveries (bouncer) which he did not bowl in Nederland match but he was ok with other deliveries. ICC could have given a warning or at best, can ask him not to bowl bouncers. Remember, ICC banned Narine from bowling carrom ball, but they did not ban him from bowling his normal deliveries.

Most of the fans here don't like Bangladesh team thanks to some of arrogant fans on social media. Those fans does not represent the view point of the total population but they are putting all of the Bangladeshis into shame. 

We came to know some facts like ICC did not find anything wrong with the deliveries that was primarily suspected, ICC asked to bowl him 9 bouncers in 3 minutes, asked him to test immediately, not giving him 14 days period and also giving the verdict within couple of days.

Just put aside your hatred for a minute and think rationally. I just wanted to know the opinion of most of the fans here. Was Taskin treated unfairly by ICC or not ?

BCB should file a case against ICC if it feels their player has been treated unfairly. 

Bowling 9-10 bouncers is fine. They need to test all possible deliveries and variations that a bowler can bowl in a match. Wouldn't a offspinner be tested for a doosra or any other variations that he can bowl? So I see nothing wrong in Taskin being asked to bowl bouncers.

The timing maybe unfortunate for Taskin and Bangla but if the umpires were in doubt of his action not being clean they have to report it and they have rightly done that.

BCB should file a case against ICC if it feels their player has been treated unfairly. 

Bowling 9-10 bouncers is fine. They need to test all possible deliveries and variations that a bowler can bowl in a match. Wouldn't a offspinner be tested for a doosra or any other variations that he can bowl? So I see nothing wrong in Taskin being asked to bowl bouncers.

The timing maybe unfortunate for Taskin and Bangla but if the umpires were in doubt of his action not being clean they have to report it and they have rightly done that.

Completely agree. BCB should approach ICC seeking explanation. Also, is there an official word from ICC regarding this?

PS to answer the poll, "No" Taskin is not being treated unfairly by anyone .... In fact, it is unfair to others teams to be facing bowlers who possibly chuck. It is good to clear the doubts 

Please ensure that your domestic cricket has a system that weeds out / rectifes bowlers with questionable action

Edited by rett

If Bangla has a legit case and Taskin doesn't chuck, then making faaltu excuses such as fatigue, or only chucks on bouncers etc makes you sound more guilty, not less.

It might convince a lot of emotional immature home fans who are hungry for success and desperate enough to buy BS, but it is counter productive everywhere else.  

There is already a thread discussing this topic - Link

There would not be much point for many to post the same thing (their opinion) on different threads so let's use the threads that are already made! 

Oh, missed that thread then.

Can Mod merge this thread to the earlier thread keeping the poll as it is ?

Thanks

don't get me wrong. I am also against chuckers and I'd be happy if anyone gets caught chucking. However, in this process, I don't want anyone to be treated badly. In this case of Taskin, it seems he found guilty of those deliveries (bouncer) which he did not bowl in Nederland match but he was ok with other deliveries. ICC could have given a warning or at best, can ask him not to bowl bouncers. Remember, ICC banned Narine from bowling carrom ball, but they did not ban him from bowling his normal deliveries.

IMO if any delivery is found to be breaking the rules I would suspend the bowler else what are you going to do if the bowler bowls the delivery in a match? For example let's say Taskin is allowed to bowl any delivery other than a bouncer and in a tight match Tasking bowls a bouncer. What can the umpires do as they can no longer call no-ball based on illegal actions in the game? What if an illegal delivery ends up B'desh's opponents losing a very close game? What can be done in that instance?

That's why I wouldn't even allow Narine or others like him to bowl with an exception given for certain deliveries. So either a bowler has legal action or he doesn't. There shouldn't be any grey area. So either Taskin bowls all the deliveries cleanly or he should go back and correct his action until he can do so.

Where are these reports coming from? Has ICC made a official statement?

Yes, they have.

Arafat’s analysis revealed that the elbow extension for majority of his deliveries had exceeded the 15 degrees’ level of tolerance permitted under the ICC Regulations for the Review of Bowlers Reported with Suspected Illegal Bowling Actions, while not all of Taskin’s deliveries were legal.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20/news/2016/media-releases/93728/bangladeshs-arafat-and-taskin-suspended-from-bowling-in-international-cricket

Edited by broken_wings

Treated unfairly. Are you kidding me ?? Those two chuckers were cheating and have been banned. What is unfair here. It was unfair for all the other teams that played against the BangBros as you guys had unfair advantage. 

BangBros team as a whole should have been banned after the antics their board showed after the WC quarter finals in Australia. You minnows are anyways a disgrace to the Test cricket. Afghanistan would be a much better team in tests than these cry babies.

\rant

Treated unfairly. Are you kidding me ?? Those two chuckers were cheating and have been banned. What is unfair here. It was unfair for all the other teams that played against the BangBros as you guys had unfair advantage. 

BangBros team as a whole should have been banned after the antics their board showed after the WC quarter finals in Australia. You minnows are anyways a disgrace to the Test cricket. Afghanistan would be a much better team in tests than these cry babies.

\rant

Thanks for ranting on a thread which has no relation to your issue. Hope it helps to make you feel little better.

Get well soon.

Edited by broken_wings