23rd Match, Super 10 Group 2: New Zealand v Pakistan at Mohali

In this tourney, almost all the games that I have watched (except Ind vs NZ) have been competitive .... which probably shows that a few players doing well can keep the team in the game so it is hard to write any team off based

Edited by rett

Well if you are going by the past since the 2011 WC we have lost at most one match (none in 2013 CT) in an ICC event. We already have our loss out of the way this time. :dance:

As @rett said in another thread, we all are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. I hope at the end of the day, all deserving teams go through and hope India is one among them.

NZ hs beaten Pak before in WT20, however Pak has a better record (as NZ has traditionally been its bunny): 

View match results [change view]
Primary team New Zealand remove New Zealand from query
Opposition team Pakistan remove Pakistan from query
Trophy World T20 remove World T20 from query
Totals in terms of batting team switch totals
Ordered by start date (ascending)
Page 1 of 1Showing 1 - 4 of 4 First pageFirst Previous pagePreviousNext Next page Last Last pagedblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Match results
TeamResultMarginBRTossBat OppositionGroundStart DateAscending 
New Zealandlost6 wickets7won1st PakistanCape Town22 Sep 2007investigate this query
New Zealandlost6 wickets41won1st PakistanThe Oval13 Jun 2009investigate this query
New Zealandwon1 runs lost1st PakistanBridgetown8 May 2010investigate this query
New Zealandlost13 runs lost2nd PakistanPallekele23 Sep 2012investigate this query
Edited by rett

NZ hs beaten Pak before in WT20, however Pak has a better record (as NZ has traditionally been its bunny): 

Page 1 of 1Showing 1 - 4 of 4 First pageFirst Previous pagePreviousNext Next page Last Last pagedblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
Match results
New Zealandlost6 wickets7won1st PakistanCape Town22 Sep 2007investigate this query
New Zealandlost6 wickets41won1st PakistanThe Oval13 Jun 2009investigate this query
New Zealandlost13 runs lost2nd PakistanPallekele23 Sep 2012investigate this query

I think historical records matter jackshit. It's about the current team. This new NZ team is one of the world's best (WC finalists as well). Pakistan team is very weak and no Ajmal/Hafeez as well.

Match results

I think historical records matter jackshit. It's about the current team. This new NZ team is one of the world's best (WC finalists as well). Pakistan team is very weak and no Ajmal/Hafeez as well.

On their day, Irfan can bowl like Marshall and Amir like Lillee or they will all decide to bowl freebies like they did against Bangladesh In the Asia Cup. You never know this Pakistan side. They are unpredictable in every sense.

Edited by Adi_91

What I was suggesting is that NZ do beat Pak at world events .... it was not meant to draw any conclusion on the result of the upcoming match 

Edited by rett

Yeah. This NZ team has been beating Pakistan a lot. Defeated them last year too in ODIs/T20s home/away. Even defeated them in a test in UAE.

Exactly. And I am expecting it to be a close game as NZ would be seeking to enter SF while Pak would be fighting for its survival 

Tbh, NZ's best chance to win is when the pitch turns. They slowed down the RR during India and Aus's chases only through their spinners. The seamers, Boult and Southee haven't bowled yet and will be under huge pressure if they do play. 

For Pakistan, they would want the pitch to help their seamers. Interesting game ahead today. Pitch holds the key for the result.

Tbh, NZ's best chance to win is when the pitch turns. They slowed down the RR during India and Aus's chases only through their spinners. The seamers, Boult and Southee haven't bowled yet and will be under huge pressure if they do play. 

For Pakistan, they would want the pitch to help their seamers. Interesting game ahead today. Pitch holds the key for the result.

No its actually opposite, Turner will be better option. Sarfraz and Malik play spin well so would put them at 3 and 4 which would negate the threat of NZ Spinners while we would hope to get Kiwis out by playing Nawaz, Immad and Damaad e Hind. Amir takes pitch out of equation as he is smart enough to get a wicket or two and be a threat.

Edited by Autonomous

No its actually opposite, Turner will be better option. Sarfraz and Malik play spin well so would put them at 3 and 4 which would negate the threat of NZ Spinners while we would hope to get Kiwis out by playing Nawaz and Immad.

But Santner and Sodhi have shown us, not once but twice that they are no amateurs. I know very little about Pak's spinners, so can't comment. But overall, from 2 matches I saw, their spinners are no pushovers. In fact, they are a genuine threat.

But Santner and Sodhi have shown us, not once but twice that they are no amateurs. I know very little about Pak's spinners, so can't comment. But overall, from 2 matches I saw, their spinners are no pushovers. In fact, they are a genuine threat.

Sarfraz can easily play Herath on Day 5 in SriLanka so he will be key against spin a well as Malik who put up momentum against Indian Bowlers and gave some total though it was too late. So these both should bat at 3 and 4. Nawaz likes it when the ball spins and does something so its likely that he will be effective, Malik and Immad can also be handy on spinning track. Good thing about playing Nawaz and Immad both is that it helps batting also as both are capable batsman. Ideally will go with this team if its a turner:

Sharjeel, Shehzad, Sarfraz, Malik, Akmal, Latif, Afridi, Immad, Nawaz, Sami, Amir.

Based on the pic, how will it turn too much when it has a grass cover. The grass has been kept to hold the pitch together

So if the grass is cut it would most likely be flat. If the grass is kept, it will assist seamers 

Edited by rett

Based on the pic, how will it turn much when it has a grass cover. The grass has been kept to hold the pitch together

So if the grass is cut it would most likely be flat. If the grass is kept, it will assist seamers 

Should make it Flat. Dont want another Asia Cup type pitch with grass