Are we missing the bigger picture?

maniac

Well a win is a win and boy was I relieved when we got over the winning line today......It was hilarious to see the Bangladesh choke like that and throw away the game-so looks like this is overshadowing the bigger picture

WE ALMOST LOST TO FRIKIN BANGLADESH......i repeat WE ALMOST LOST TO FRIKIN BANGLADESH

We Almost got knocked out of the tournament today

Either a) The pitches are horrendous or b) we can only play on Flat tracks and cannot adapt.

No matter what the pitch we play the same combo regardless and even Bangladesh had plans and perfectly executed them as they knew what to expect 98% of the game.

This was a lucky escape but seriously are you really happy with this team's performance???

Our fielding was horrendous

Our batting minus kohli looks shaky

Our bowling looks ok but in patches

our powerhitting is still untested and as shown today looks lackluster

So no need to get ahead of ourselves with this victory.....I just wanted this victory to sink in and didn't want to rain in on the parade,before I pointed out the obvious bad news

As I posted in another thread, look at today's match from a different perspective... we lost the toss, none of our batsmen had a substantial knock, fielding was way below par, we dropped 4 catches, we conceded overthrows, B'desh fielded much better than they usually do and generally whatever could go wrong did go wrong. And yet we won the match! Sign of a good team is that they manage to eke out a win even on a bad day and India did just that.

On another day, Bumrah would've caught that dolly from Tamim reducing B'desh to 22/2 off 5 overs and B'desh would've folded for 110-120. The very fact India was able to win when they were so below par shows they are a decent team and I would back them to win their remaining matches on turning pitches.

From now on either they will have to pick up their game (this game would have sharpened the team) or will get thrashed by Aus 

Either way it would be a good result as on one hand they could play well and win the tourney (which they are capable of). On the other hand, they could get thrashed and we could hopefully see some positive changes in the LOI line up 

Whether Ind wins or loses, It is probably a win-win situation for those who want Ind cricket to be at the top and innovative 

Whatever the end result, the team should:

• Stop complaining about pitches
  • Play horses for courses

As I posted in another thread, look at today's match from a different perspective... we lost the toss, none of our batsmen had a substantial knock, fielding was way below par, we dropped 4 catches, we conceded overthrows, B'desh fielded much better than they usually do and generally whatever could go wrong did go wrong. And yet we won the match! Sign of a good team is that they manage to eke out a win even on a bad day and India did just that.

On another day, Bumrah would've caught that dolly from Tamim reducing B'desh to 22/2 off 5 overs and B'desh would've folded for 110-120. The very fact India was able to win when they were so below par shows they are a decent team and I would back them to win their remaining matches on turning pitches.

Agree with this, we had a bad day in all three departments and still won, sign of a good team,in the last World Cup we were easily winning all matches and we choked in the final, in this World Cup if we go through then we have already played many tough games and the team will peak at the right time in knockout stages giving us a better chance to win the World Cup

Rohit, Dhawan, Raina, Yuvraj - All look jaded and not fit for T20s. They have never switched to top gear

Kohli, Dhoni - Can and have switched, they look pumped up

Pandya - Batting has to arrive yet - Hopefully against Aus

Bowling - No questions for now, everybody doing their part, Yuvraj has to get more darts , very useful in T20s

Fielding - Too many dropped catches yerterday - Bumrah's look very bad for a top team. 

Harbhaja for Pandya against Aus looks good if played on a turner, he always brings his A game against Aussies.

If the tracks are turning (most likely for Ind games), I would like the following 11 from now on: 

• Dhawan
  • Rohit
  • Kohli
  • Pandya
  • Dhoni
  • Yuvi / Raina
  • Bhajji
  • Jadeja
  • Ashwin
  • Nehra
  • Bumrah 

* Pandya can be promoted to open esp if Ind is chasing and needs to get as many as possible in PP. If he works, great, if not Kohli usually walks in early anyways

* 12 overs of spin from Ashwin, Jadeja and Bhajji could mean the opposition scoring 65-70 runs and/or losing 5-6 wkts during these overs, which is a match winning performance .... Since bowling attack is stronger, Ind would not feel the pressure of getting huge scores which means that the batsmen can play responsibly which in turn could actually propel Ind to a big score  

Edited by rett

Main Bhajji ko nahin khilaunga....e even if you put knife on my throw - Dhoni

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

On flat tracks like we saw in Mumbai, the original 11 would work fine .... The batsmen would turn in to dangerous Gladiators :cantstop:

On flat tracks like we saw in Mumbai, the original 11 would work fine .... The batsmen would turn in to dangerous Gladiators :cantstop:

Yeah but the problem is our bowling will also become ineffective. On flat pitches NZ, Eng, Oz, SA are really good too. I still think we should go with turning tracks. Problem today was with batting first, estimating a par score was difficult so everyone was out slogging. Also plenty of catches dropped. Ideally they should have been finished off for 110-120

Bigger picture is Bangladesh is fast improving side (zim 99). In t20 margin of error are thin a good catch and couple of drops can make a diff of 15-20 runs  

Good part was we still were able to choke them. Reminded me of aus teams of 90-00s

They just choked due to foolishnes of Goldfish and Mahmudullah. Only had to take 2 singles in 3 balls but instead tried to be bangladeshi miandad

Edited by Autonomous