How Indians perceive Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket teams

In general what I see is that Indians accept Pakistan as equals but cannot digest when Bangladesh looks eye to eye.  

But I think this perception needs to change as over the next decade Bangladesh is going to emerge as the second most important country in the subcontinent bar military strength. Bangladesh's foreign currency reserves are now 40% more than that of Pakistan (USD 28 billion vs USD 20 billion  ) and even their exports are significantly more than Pakistan (USD 33 billion vs USD 24 billion) which a decade earlier was unimaginable. The Bangladesh economy has been growing at over 6% for the last 5 years. Economically seeking Bangladesh is bound to overtake Pakistan. In the subcontinent If India = USA then Bangladesh will become South Korea and Pakistan will be North Korea over the next decade.

Even the Indian government has realized that. 10 years back all the talk was about having a sealed border with Bangladesh but see how things have changed. India has now opened its border with Bangladesh. Indian vehicles are now going from Assam and Tripura to West Bengal through Bangladesh and Bangladeshi ones will soon start plying to Nepal and Bhutan through India and Chittagong Port will soon be the 7 NE state's nearest accessible sea port. Not just that the process to integrate our power grids and internet gateways have also been completed. And Modi is no fool that he further committed 2 billion dollars to boost connectivity with Bangladesh. 

I know a majority of Bangladesh fans are immature but it comes more from the frustration of not getting the recognition that most emerging countries yearn for.

As for Indians they consider Pakistan as their rivals in all spheres for decades in the subcontinent. But practically Pakistan can never match India in any field. But still I wonder how Indians can accept Pakistan as equals when in reality Pakistan is even behind Bangladesh in most things. Even in Bangladesh we don't consider Pakistan a rival. We have overtaken India to become the second largest garments exporting nation after China. Nowadays all the planning is how to make our leather, pharma, ship building industries more competitive so that we can fight it out with Vietnam, India and China for low cost manufacturing. Pakistan does not come to the equation even for Bangladeshis so I really wonder what makes India look into Pakistan so highly.

Anyways as for India Bangladesh cricket matches go, during this time of friendship it's real worrying if cricket matches ruin all this positive development that Modi and Hasina are trying to foster. Maybe we should stop playing for now for the economic interest of Bangladesh and eastern India till the Bangladeshi fans mature and the Indian fans learn to give acceptance to a new country equivalent or better than Pakistan. 

I think Bangladeshi fans should stop over reacting. It is a game of cricket...not war.

No other fans react so emotionally and dramatically as Bangladeshi fans do. If they just learn to chill things will be fine.Why deny the people of both sides some good clean fun?

We have our problems too.We have a bad history of horrible behavior when our team performed badly in the past. We are getting better.

Bangladeshi fans have to tone it down a bit. Shout ,scream,wave flags...but what is with the crying and acting like some one died.It just makes them a target for mockery.

Bangladeshi fans need to learn to be gracious winners and losers.

Edited by radhika

Did not understand what OP is trying to say.

You asked a specific question in thread title and then talked irrelevant topics about Ind & BD.

BD is surely playing better cricket in recent times and everyone is seeing that. I don't think we need anyone's specially Indians' approval that BD is playing good cricket and they are as par Pak team.

Respect is earned, and the way BD team is playing they will do better and better in coming days. Some of the fans of other countries will always be in denial mode. You can't change their mind irrespective of how many matches you win against top teams. Just ignore them.

:cantstop: This is a lol OP, stop mixing sports (or more specifically cricket) with your perceptions of everything else.

Indians (or matter of fact any non-Bangladeshis) are not going to laugh and shout "cry baby" at any Bangladeshi they see/meet on the street. They will just be treated like any normal human being, with respect.

Beside all the mocking you come across is mainly from online forums or social media, which probably form 0.00001% of Indian population.

And OP's comparison of two PMs and countries working and trading relationship being effected by cricket results is absolutely :hysterical:. I bet they couldn't give two hoots about a cricket match. 

OP needs to chillax, it's just cricket, a silly game trying to hit a leather ball with a stick.

There are far more important things to worry about than sports...your family, friends, your career, etc.

Sri Lanka is still not considered a full equal by fans of most countries. Even though it's been 20 years since they won the world cup. Even though they've had plenty of  periods when they've been better than India. 

And you want little Bangladesh to be seen as equal?

A little too much little brother attitude here. 

Sri Lanka is still not considered a full equal by fans of most countries. Even though it's been 20 years since they won the world cup. Even though they've had plenty of  periods when they've been better than India. 

And you want little Bangladesh to be seen as equal?

A little too much little brother attitude here. 

SL board has always problem with money. They don't have enough funds. Heck SL players even threatened to boycott WCT20 in 2014 which they won. If I am not wrong, Ind boards also helped SL boards financially in the past. Whereas BD boards does not have problem with money. They are 2nd highest earner in Asia. The current govt strongly backs Cricket. BD has currently 8/9 Intl'e grounds, 2-3 more world class grounds are being built. BD has huge number of population who are just cricket crazy which lacks in SL. I have meet many SL's who prefer rugby over Cricket. I had no idea SL people love rugby that much.

Edited by broken_wings

Bangla cricket team has improved a lot. They have the potential to become a really good team. But their fans are just  :facepalm:. Always crying, whining and playing the victim card at everything that doesn't go their way. Take the Taskin ban for example. Here was a bowler who was called for chucking and was rightly banned when the tests proved the umpires were right. Yes the timing was unfortunate but a chucker got banned. So good for cricket. Taskin is a good talent and is still young and he can still make a good comeback. But Bangla fans took to the social media with their conspiracy theories and whining about how evil BCCI is trying to bring down ATG bowler and how the tests were wrong, without a shred of evidence.  

Edited by Mosher

Bangladesh has already arrived. You have already become as good as top teams and other teams have to play at their best to beat you and there is no shame losing to you anymore. As a nation it gives impression from the facts and figures that it is a mature, hard-working nation progressing on the right track unlike Pakistan.

Looking forward to great cricketing rivalry as well as culture, economic exchanges, tourism etc going forward between BD and India.

Bangla will always be a poorer version of the Indian team imo . Their strength is and will continue to be their batting and spin , but I cant see them ever coming close to the talent we produce in these two areas .

you must be watching different game then mate. They are producing some really good quick bowlers. I repeat "quick" bowlers. 

They will and probably have as good if not better bowling attack than us which with experience will be killing it. 

OP is symbolic of inherent inferiority complex that Bangladeshis feel. Though he is factually right. 

It is this inferiority complex that cost them the game. They thought they will crush India and earn revenge. You know what. They could have just won the game like an international team. 

Overly emotional fans with limited exposure to sporting culture, making up for their inferiority complex with pompous statement. You people need chill people. 

Edited by ravishingravi