How Indians perceive Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket teams

you must be watching different game then mate. They are producing some really good quick bowlers. I repeat "quick" bowlers. 

They will and probably have as good if not better bowling attack than us which with experience will be killing it. 

India has produced a lot of bowlers who are quicker than the likes of Rubel and Taskin , but our strength is still spin . The point was making is , Bangla is more like a subset of India unlike Pak where the cricketing culture is slightly different as bad as they are right now they still have 1-2 bowlers who can walk into the Indian team , but I cant think on one players in Bangladesh who I would can replace an Indian player .

OP is symbolic of inherent inferiority complex that Bangladeshis feel. Though he is factually right. 

It is this inferiority complex that cost them the game. They thought they will crush India and earn revenge. You know what. They could have just won the game like an international team. 

Overly emotional fans with limited exposure to sporting culture, making up for their inferiority complex with pompous statement. You people need chill people. 

its not inferiority complex. It  is a yearning for acknowledgement. They believe they are good enough. They are looking for a rivalry which is a good thing.

Let's be honest, we are overly focused on Pakistan. Reason could be different,  like Pak being a communal terrorist country. But fact is we are overly focused on indo-pak cricketing rivalry.

We could do well being more respectful towards BD cricket. More than BD fans being unreasonable or anything, I think many of our people are being arrogant for no reasons. And I can understand some of the hate coming our way due to this.

Indians do not particularly dislike Bangladesh,its Bangladeshis who for some reason perceive India as an enemy.(Both in cricket and outside)

Yes, but to be fair, there is quite a bit of condescension toward Bangla which understandably rubs them the wrong way.  The way they handle it though is the absolute worst, and totally counter-productive...

Indians rate Pakistani cricket very highly.   

At their best they can play an aggressive and entertaining brand of cricket on par with West Indies side of 80's (I'm talking about Pakistani side before 2000's).

Bangladesh on the other hand is seen as an improving side and capable of creating upsets, much better team than they were 10 years ago. Apart from that there is nothing to awe about them.

Edited by MechEng

India Pakistan share a  geo-political rivalry which translates over to cricket as well.  There's hardly any such tension with Bangladesh so there's no rivalry that automatically goes onto the cricket field. 

Bangladesh cricket team and fans want to prove to the others that they belong at the big stage.  While their cricket team has improved over the years and has some good upcoming players, the only way to earn respect is by playing good cricket consistently.

As for the fans, they are probably yearning for their team to win a few matches and the frustration and emotions show up when they lose a close one.  It would be tough for a fan whose team is constantly losing so whenever they beat the 'bigger' teams, all these emotions that have bottled up inside erupt. Once the fans and the cricket team start winning regularly, their emotions would also be controlled.    As I said earlier, I don't mind the Bangladeshi fans and cricketers being so 'passionate' or emotional, they're the new kids on the block trying to show to the world that they belong so it's understandable.   Good luck to them.

What are you smoking my friend. Or is it the after effects of that match. Who in his right mind consider pakis to be our equals. Its demeaning to compare against the pakis. They are a failed state full of terrorists. Even BangBros are much better than that god forsaken country. 

Again what are you smoking ?? Why this thread in cricket talk section ??

First up; Pakistan is made to get their arse handed to them by India in every sphere, its the god given right for every Indian to put the fear of god in Pakistan and Pakistan feels precisely the vice-versa about India and Indians. Indians feel China are real rivals and a threat not Pak, Pak is more a pawn of China/US but a major pain in the backside. Since we have put that one way.

BD needs to mature and fast in cricket fan following they are class less and crass now, in the real world outside of Cricket i think BD is not the worst neighbor at the least the govt is democratic and in 'friendly' terms with India which is a lot to say none of Pak/SL even Nepal are strictly that happy with India and ofcourse India will defend Bhutan with their lives but there is not much of an economic value around Bhutan just strategic land area. There is a lot of similarities between BD and Bengal in culture people etc but the issue is that of illegal immigration and such. If all BD illegals can be given proper work-permits and they remit back to BD imagine the amount of tax revenue for both the countries it can only be good. If BD becomes radicalized and does anything anti-India ,then India will stop them and probably in a bloody way around the borders like how we are doing in Kashmir, which can not be good for BD cause India can sustain it for as long as it wants and no one can stop them. 

BD is a progressive country albeit with real serious problems with radicalization of youth, and an important part of Indias progress to the next level, some petty cricket matches wont change this, so chill. 

Besides if BD keep playing like the way they do now, i see no reason for India not giving them huge respect on the cricket field.

Back in the 80s Indian fans used to behave like today's BD fans. And this was after India won the WC, so the passion and pleading for respect was somewhat understandable. BD has improved, but they need to walk the talk before they are going to be respected. 

1, I dont remember any poster with Alan borders or Bothams head. 

2, I dont remember fans crying in the ground when we lost to Aus a bazillion times as if we had a chance and never expected to loose.

3, I dont remember any foreign cricketer or fan being assaulted or thown stuff at on a convoy there might have been an occassional water bottle thrown in by some unruly mob but no attacks.

BD take the shenanigans to a whole low classlessness, rarefied shit pit they live in no country fan comes close.

Edited by Vilander

you must be watching different game then mate. They are producing some really good quick bowlers. I repeat "quick" bowlers. 

They will and probably have as good if not better bowling attack than us which with experience will be killing it. 

This is an other kind of BS that floats around here. It does not matter what you repeat how may ever times. You have not seen Indian quick bowlers bowl 145+ and rattle stumps ? 

In general what I see is that Indians accept Pakistan as equals but cannot digest when Bangladesh looks eye to eye.  

But I think this perception needs to change as over the next decade Bangladesh is going to emerge as the second most important country in the subcontinent bar military strength. Bangladesh's foreign currency reserves are now 40% more than that of Pakistan (USD 28 billion vs USD 20 billion  ) and even their exports are significantly more than Pakistan (USD 33 billion vs USD 24 billion) which a decade earlier was unimaginable. The Bangladesh economy has been growing at over 6% for the last 5 years. Economically seeking Bangladesh is bound to overtake Pakistan. In the subcontinent If India = USA then Bangladesh will become South Korea and Pakistan will be North Korea over the next decade.

Even the Indian government has realized that. 10 years back all the talk was about having a sealed border with Bangladesh but see how things have changed. India has now opened its border with Bangladesh. Indian vehicles are now going from Assam and Tripura to West Bengal through Bangladesh and Bangladeshi ones will soon start plying to Nepal and Bhutan through India and Chittagong Port will soon be the 7 NE state's nearest accessible sea port. Not just that the process to integrate our power grids and internet gateways have also been completed. And Modi is no fool that he further committed 2 billion dollars to boost connectivity with Bangladesh. 

I know a majority of Bangladesh fans are immature but it comes more from the frustration of not getting the recognition that most emerging countries yearn for.

As for Indians they consider Pakistan as their rivals in all spheres for decades in the subcontinent. But practically Pakistan can never match India in any field. But still I wonder how Indians can accept Pakistan as equals when in reality Pakistan is even behind Bangladesh in most things. Even in Bangladesh we don't consider Pakistan a rival. We have overtaken India to become the second largest garments exporting nation after China. Nowadays all the planning is how to make our leather, pharma, ship building industries more competitive so that we can fight it out with Vietnam, India and China for low cost manufacturing. Pakistan does not come to the equation even for Bangladeshis so I really wonder what makes India look into Pakistan so highly.

Anyways as for India Bangladesh cricket matches go, during this time of friendship it's real worrying if cricket matches ruin all this positive development that Modi and Hasina are trying to foster. Maybe we should stop playing for now for the economic interest of Bangladesh and eastern India till the Bangladeshi fans mature and the Indian fans learn to give acceptance to a new country equivalent or better than Pakistan. 

Wrong. IMO Bangladesh is a bigger threat to India as an opponent than Pakistan, especially in a world cup game. BD fans and players need to calm down and not treat the game as war. Passion for the game is good but anger, hatred for the opposition is not. Likewise, Indian fans need to realize BD is a much improved opponent now, and they are capable of beating India. Whoever plays better on the day wins - if India ends up losing, it is not the end of the world or hang your head in shame kind of situation.

I will stick to cricket here and share Pakistani perspective on rivalry with Ind and BD.

I can describe rivalry with India in three phases.

I grew up in late 80s and saw Ind as our major rivals in cricket due to the political tensions between two countries. I saw Pakistan win in Ind in 87 in both forms and from there on we use to dominate Ind and were recognised as one of the top 3 teams around.

Until Bangalore QF in 96 we use to have this chip on the shoulder mentality that Ind are inferior team to us. We win in England and NZ regularly India don't. We drew a series in SA. We did lose in 92 world cup but that didn't bother us one bit because we won the whole thing.

We treated India as a one man team.

96 hurt like hell because losing to India was a shock. How could we lose to a far inferior side. Outside world cup we still kept beating them in one day tournaments around the world including Singapore and Toronto. We toured India in 99 and won two test matches there with last on the way to winning Asian Test Championship. We trounced them in one dayers so superiority complex carried it's reign. We lost again in 99 would cup but went to the final so it was like so what.

Now comes the next phase that started with that Sachin inspired thrashing in 03 world cup. Superiority complex went up in some following winter when Ind deservedly beat us in Pakistan. We feared Indian domination but a drawn test series in Ind and win in ODIs meant we were equals on a cricket field in our eyes. We won the series in Pakistan in 06 so fair enough Ind might not be our whipping boys but hey we are still beating them.

3rd phase. Alarm bells were ringing because India won in Eng and drew in Aus who thrashed us even when we were strong. We lost badly in India in 07 and then lost to them in T20 world final. Suddenly Indian domination in world tournaments couldn't be brushed aside. 2011 semi started a miserable era where we started suffering from inferiority complex and it carries on to this day. India are on a different level and most of us say fair play you guys deserve to be way in front.

Coming to BD. Well in our eyes we helped our brothers in 99 and until last year they didn't matter. Nasir Hussain was helped to get his maiden hundred couple of years back when we were winning comfortably. That was mockery of cricket. But now there is fear that BD are not not far off in LOIs.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Off late, an Indian win against Aus and SA sounds more like an achievement than an Indian win against any SC side as we believe that doing well against these sides (especially in their home backyard) is a bigger achievement than winning elsewhere, This is not to demean the SC sides, but for me, thriving and succeeding in the toughest of conditions tastes much better than winning at home against any side.

I will stick to cricket here and share Pakistani perspective on rivalry with Ind and BD.

I can describe rivalry with India in three phases.

I grew up in late 80s and saw Ind as our major rivals in cricket due to the political tensions between two countries. I saw Pakistan win in Ind in 87 in both forms and from there on we use to dominate Ind and were recognised as one of the top 3 teams around.

Until Bangalore QF in 96 we use to have this chip on the shoulder mentality that Ind are inferior team to us. We win in England and NZ regularly India don't. We drew a series in SA. We did lose in 92 world cup but that didn't bother us one bit because we won the whole thing.

We treated India as a one man team.

96 hurt like hell because losing to India was a shock. How could we lose to a far inferior side. Outside world cup we still kept beating them in one day tournaments around the world including Singapore and Toronto. We toured India in 99 and won two test matches there with last on the way to winning Asian Test Championship. We trounced them in one dayers so superiority complex carried it's reign. We lost again in 99 would cup but went to the final so it was like so what.

Now comes the next phase that started with that Sachin inspired thrashing in 03 world cup. Superiority complex went up in some following winter when Ind deservedly beat us in Pakistan. We feared Indian domination but a drawn test series in Ind and win in ODIs meant we were equals on a cricket field in our eyes. We won the series in Pakistan in 06 so fair enough Ind might not be our whipping boys but hey we are still beating them.

3rd phase. Alarm bells were ringing because India won in Eng and drew in Aus who thrashed us even when we were strong. We lost badly in India in 07 and then lost to them in T20 world final. Suddenly Indian domination in world tournaments couldn't be brushed aside. 2011 semi started a miserable era where we started suffering from inferiority complex and it carries on to this day. India are on a different level and most of us say fair play you guys deserve to be way in front.

Coming to BD. Well in our eyes we helped our brothers in 99 and until last year they didn't matter. Nasir Hussain was helped to get his maiden hundred couple of years back when we were winning comfortably. That was mockery of cricket. But now there is fear that BD are not not far off in LOIs.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Yeah. The viewpoint would be similar from my side.

I started watching cricket in 2003 and from 2003-07 I considered India a better team but Pakistan not far behind. Post that though Pakistan matches are seen as easy victories. We celebrate cause of historical reasons but everyone has an expectation (which is not wrong) that we'll thrash them.

I believe Bangladesh will overtake Pakistan in LOIs as well as they have some really good players coming through.

Although your statement was directly related to cricket, I do believe the cricket of India, Bangladesh and Pakistan right now is where it is due to the state of the respective economies are as money invariably flows into the sport. Thus lending credence to the op.