Ravi Shastri forces MS to drop Dhawan For Rahane

ms  Do not wants no changes no matter what

but Ravi shshtri, makes all changes at wrong time.

even warning given to RS and SR for their future in

limited over cricket.i personally belives SR. should

drops for ever.

rf ; from gujrati news paper

india keep him [ sr] in the team to hug indian bowler when

bowler took wicket.

3 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Rahane's 34 ball 40 is still better than Dhawan's 8 ball 12.  But Rahane should have thrown his bat around once he got into his 20s.  Instead he slowed down even more late in his innings. His last 10-12 runs were at even less than a run a ball, IIRC

No it isn't. Wickets were never going to be a problem on this pitch. If Dhawan had gotten out early instead of wasting balls like Rahane, India would have scored over 200. 

Rahane's decision was a horrendous decision. How many times we have seen him struggling  to adapt. In a T20 game each and every single player should have 4th gear, 5th gear. This guy has third gear. That's it. Also he is poor in 2nd gear (lack of strike rotation, quick running).  With so many holes, deficiencies in his batting for this format, it was a outrageously stupid move. Kohli came after him and overtook him despite starting slowly. It kinda underlines what a pathetic innings that was. On top of that he said 170 was par score at half way stage.

10 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

192 was a winning total. Thanks to Rahane Rohit was able to play a freely. Rahane also is a better fielder than Dhawan. Should rahane be in t20 team ? NO but against WI he did his job beautifully.

192 wasnt even a par total at Wankhede let alone winning total. SA played here scored 230 and 207. Lost defending 230 against England, won against Afghans. WI easily chased 182 posted by England. Even Afghans scored 173 chasing 207 against SA and that was a day game. In a night game, with dew imminent, 192 was no way going to be enough against a power packed batting line like WI.

Edited by rkt.india
4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

192 wasnt even a par total at Wankhede let alone winning total. SA played here scored 230 and 207. Lost defending 230 against England, won against Afghans. WI easily chased 182 posted by England. Even Afghans scored 173 chasing 207 against SA and that was a day game. In a night game, with dew imminent, 192 was no way going to be enough against a power packed batting line like WI.

Yet if those 2 no balls werent bowled, even if you put the wickets aside, resulted in 2(no balls)+6(hit of pandya)+1(scored on last ball of ashwin over) runs so effectively we would have won by 9 runs. 

9 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Yet if those 2 no balls werent bowled, even if you put the wickets aside, resulted in 2(no balls)+6(hit of pandya)+1(scored on last ball of ashwin over) runs so effectively we would have won by 9 runs. 

It is not how it works. WI bowled no balls too. Rohit hit one of them for six too. No balls are part of the game and are bowled every game. We actually lost the game between 7 to 15 overs. We were 55 in 6 and then in next 38 balls, we only scored 45 runs. There we needed 60-65 with 9 wickets in hand, we played like it is an ODI.

Edited by rkt.india
5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It is not how it works. WI bowled no balls too. Rohit hit one of them for six too. No balls are part of the game and are bowled every game.

Fine we would have won by 2 runs :two_thumbs_up: 

Edited by jf1gp_1
3 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Fine we would have won by 2 runs :two_thumbs_up: 

They still had 2 balls left. :winky:

We actually lost the game between 7 to 15 overs. We were 55 in 6 and then in next 38 balls, we only scored 45 runs. There we needed 60-65 with 9 wickets in hand, we played like it is an ODI.

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I honestly feel, the worst thing which happened was gayle getting out early. Indians thought they won the match and didnt care till the 11th over till they realized the game was getting out of their hand

game wasnt out of hand till over 10. It was neck to neck.

27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

They still had 2 balls left. :winky:

We actually lost the game between 7 to 15 overs. We were 55 in 6 and then in next 38 balls, we only scored 45 runs. There we needed 60-65 with 9 wickets in hand, we played like it is an ODI.

bhai those 2 no balls would have taken care of the remaining deliveries; but yes i know what you are saying given the start and wickets in hand we should have reached 205-210. however i felt score was fine, ignore the no balls, i still cant understand why we didnt have 3rd man through the game; i can understand not putting it for the likes of joe root but against pak and wi batsman i felt we always needed it. Atleast 5-6 boundaries went in that region. 

Edited by jf1gp_1
5 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

bhai those 2 no balls would have taken care of the remaining deliveries; but yes i know what you are saying given the start and wickets in hand we should have reached 205-210. however i felt score was fine, ignore the no balls, i still cant understand why we didnt have 3rd man through the game; i can understand not putting it for the likes of joe root but against pak and wi batsman i felt we always needed it. Atleast 5-6 boundaries went in that region. 

They needed 20 in last 2 overs. They could have scored 22 too and they still had Bravo, Sammy and Braithwate in the dugout. Sammy has a T20I SR of 160.

18 minutes ago, Lannister said:

If Dhawan had played I doubt we would've come anywhere near that score. Thanks to Rahane's effortless strike rotation that Rohit was able to play freely. If anything the blame lies on kaptaan cool for tortoise-like innings. 

Dhawan would have suited to the pitch more than Rahane. Dhawan was successful on the similar pitches in Australia. This was the pitch readymade for batsman like Dhawan.

I don't know why there is so much emphasis on Rahane alone. He played the way he knows to play. There should be no comparison to the Yuvraj knock in 2014. That one was solely responsible for our loss then. Here, Rahane did the job that he was expected to do. i.e. give a solid start to the innings. Lets not forget that the opening stand had been a problem right throughout the tournament. When you pick a player like Rahane, you are not really picking him with the expectation that he will be striking sixes a la a Gayle. Now, would Rahane be in my T20 XI? Most likely, no. But, when you pick him in the XI, don't expect he will pull off a Gayle.

Instead of scrutinizing every ball that he played, I would rather look at how shoddy our bowling was. The spinners, both Ashwin and Jadeja, were absolutely pathetic. Look at WI spinners - Badree bowled 4 overs for 26 runs. Even Benn bowled his full quota and had a better economy rate than our spinners. And our spinners are the ones that have played tons of matches on their home turf and yet are clueless when confronted with a flat track. Even on the square turner v/s New Zealand, NZ's part time spinners and a rookie leggie out-bowled our spinners.

I don't want to be too harsh on two young men, but both Pandya and Bumrah were also atrocious with their bowling. Pandya's bowling was just sitting up to be hit. Even though Johnson Charles is a very limited batsman, who can only slog on the leg side, yet Pandya kept feeding him the short ball that he could easily put away. Bumrah just totally forgot to bowl yorkers after that first ball near yorker that dismissed Gayle. Again, I don't really want to be too harsh on these young men. They are both relatively new to the team and had done a commendable job so far. With time, I hope they will only get better.

Also, lets not forget the selectors here. They picked a "safe" team that plays with a "safety first" approach. They keep faith in a captain, who only believes in playing the same players over and over again even when they are repeatedly failing. The safe approach has worked in the past for us in ODIs, but I don't think it is the appropriate template for T20 cricket. We have to HAVE TO HAVE TO be dynamic in T20s, pick form players, pick aggressive go getters. We have to play the "Virender Sehwag" brand of cricket, not the "later half of his career MS Dhoni" brand of cricket. We have to play fearless cricket. You know why we were successful at winning this World Cup in 2007? Because we played fearlessly. Nobody had any expectations from the team and they just went about playing without fear of losing. That is how we should always target T20s.

14 minutes ago, Texan said:

I don't know why there is so much emphasis on Rahane alone. He played the way he knows to play. There should be no comparison to the Yuvraj knock in 2014. That one was solely responsible for our loss then. Here, Rahane did the job that he was expected to do. i.e. give a solid start to the innings. Lets not forget that the opening stand had been a problem right throughout the tournament. When you pick a player like Rahane, you are not really picking him with the expectation that he will be striking sixes a la a Gayle. Now, would Rahane be in my T20 XI? Most likely, no. But, when you pick him in the XI, don't expect he will pull off a Gayle.

Instead of scrutinizing every ball that he played, I would rather look at how shoddy our bowling was. The spinners, both Ashwin and Jadeja, were absolutely pathetic. Look at WI spinners - Badree bowled 4 overs for 26 runs. Even Benn bowled his full quota and had a better economy rate than our spinners. And our spinners are the ones that have played tons of matches on their home turf and yet are clueless when confronted with a flat track. Even on the square turner v/s New Zealand, NZ's part time spinners and a rookie leggie out-bowled our spinners.

I don't want to be too harsh on two young men, but both Pandya and Bumrah were also atrocious with their bowling. Pandya's bowling was just sitting up to be hit. Even though Johnson Charles is a very limited batsman, who can only slog on the leg side, yet Pandya kept feeding him the short ball that he could easily put away. Bumrah just totally forgot to bowl yorkers after that first ball near yorker that dismissed Gayle. Again, I don't really want to be too harsh on these young men. They are both relatively new to the team and had done a commendable job so far. With time, I hope they will only get better.

Also, lets not forget the selectors here. They picked a "safe" team that plays with a "safety first" approach. They keep faith in a captain, who only believes in playing the same players over and over again even when they are repeatedly failing. The safe approach has worked in the past for us in ODIs, but I don't think it is the appropriate template for T20 cricket. We have to HAVE TO HAVE TO be dynamic in T20s, pick form players, pick aggressive go getters. We have to play the "Virender Sehwag" brand of cricket, not the "later half of his career MS Dhoni" brand of cricket. We have to play fearless cricket. You know why we were successful at winning this World Cup in 2007? Because we played fearlessly. Nobody had any expectations from the team and they just went about playing without fear of losing. That is how we should always target T20s.

one word Dew. Dew was the reason Bumrah could not execute his yorkers well. Benn and Badri bowled well because we let them bowl and showed no intent to score of them. We hit 1 six in last 14 overs showed our timid approach.

Edited by rkt.india
4 minutes ago, Texan said:

There isn't emphasis on Rahane alone. Bowlers have received plenty of criticism. There were some suggestions that it is virtually impossible to bowl spin at Wankhade so late in the day because of the dew, but spinners were  poor nonetheless.

As for Rahane he did what he was expected to. And then undid what he did by sticking around without accelerating. Any time Rahane is out in the middle on such a flat track for more than 75% of the overs, it is quite likely India will be constrained. Rahane did what he was expected to from overs 1 to 10. He gave us the solid start. But then between overs 10 and 15.3 (when he got out) he was batting at slightly less than even a run a ball. That period hurt us a lot. Once he got out we were able to accelerate, scoring at nearly 15 an over for the remaineder of the innings.