So what does Jadeja offer?

In T20s, you don't need deep batting. Plus he is good enough for 10-15 runs off 5-10 balls at the end. Bowling is not too bad. And fielding is exceptional.

Also Raina, is good enough, even if out of form. 

Dhawan dominates on his day. Doesn't waste too many balls if he fails. 

The only undeserving player is Rahane IMO.

Lets not point fingers in general at our bowling. Reading the media you would think its been the batters that carried India to the semis. (not the case).

More than Jadeja the big question needs to be, what does Pandya offer. His bowling was just not good enough. His batting was either not needed or did not have much impact. 

3 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Lets not point fingers in general at our bowling. Reading the media you would think its been the batters that carried India to the semis. (not the case).

More than Jadeja the big question needs to be, what does Pandya offer. His bowling was just not good enough. His batting was either not needed or did not have much impact. 

Pandya's bowling was a disappointment but he is more of a batting AR. He is still very much a work-in-progress. He is not a bowler who can consistently give 4 overs. He should only be given a couple of overs. As far as his batting is concerned, I feel he has not been used properly. Against WI since it was a flat pitch Pandya should have come instead of Dhoni and tried to hit some 6's.

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Pandya's bowling was a disappointment but he is more of a batting AR. He is still very much a work-in-progress. He is not a bowler who can consistently give 4 overs. He should only be given a couple of overs. As far as his batting is concerned, I feel he has not been used properly. Against WI since it was a flat pitch Pandya should have come instead of Dhoni and tried to hit some 6's.

I would have actually opened the batting with Pandya and not picked Rahane in the team. 

2 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

I would have actually opened the batting with Pandya and not picked Rahane in the team. 

That was one of the options. Like I said I feel Pandya is not being used properly. Our team is lacking in big-hitters and Pandya is someone who can score a quick 15-20 runs either as a pinch hitter at the top of the innings or when there are 5-6 overs left and provide momentum to the innings.

5 minutes ago, Mosher said:

That was one of the options. Like I said I feel Pandya is not being used properly. Our team is lacking in big-hitters and Pandya is someone who can score a quick 15-20 runs either as a pinch hitter at the top of the innings or when there are 5-6 overs left and provide momentum to the innings.

That's exactly what we missed on that day. Also, I would have played Harbhajan in place of Dhawan and strengthened the bowling. We all knew dew is a factor, so it had to be kept in mind. 

35 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

We crashed out because of our batting, so it isn't as if we don't need Pandya's batting. He needs to be given many more chances, especially in ODIs. A few T20s shouldn't be used to judge a player. 

36 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

You dont get ready-made alrounders.

20 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Xactly Pandya Is one of the big hitters for me actually the only hitter left in this team, he is a terrific fielder . 

Unfortunately he was more used as bowler due to situations and didnt get much of chance to bat. His innings in ranchi n mirpur were very crucial and he was above 20-22 runs within 1st 10 balls n against bang also in bengaluru from he was looking dangerous and at ease playing big shots whereas others were struggling

1 hour ago, laaloo said:

Why is he in the team after so many failures? He was injured recently and we got a chance to groom a few youngsters, but for some reason his pal Dhoni brings him back. If he's in for his fielding, then keep him as the 12th man. 

Jadeja fielding is one the biggest asset in this team, unfortunately u cnt count how much a fileder contributes

In overseas jadeja has been bowling better than ashwin In Odi his eco in Nz,sa, aus was quite gud and also did well with ball in Wc after  shoulder injury which is very diff for a bowler. 

Most Rate Yuvraj singh highly specially for winning Icc tournament time n again, N pushes his case for Selection most times when his batting is not even a shadow of his past and fielding has become extremely slow. Why do Ppl forget that Jadeja played a huge huge role in Winning us 2013Ct

It wud be very diff to accept for a lot of ppl but jadeja has become the 2nd best country spinner currently and has done well in overseas than ashwin recently and add to that he is gun of fielder and can bat better than any tailender. 

Forget what does he offer , he is extremly valueable at this point . He may not be Flashy like Rohit, yuvi, raina, dhawan but he offer u full quota of over every match and 70-80 % does well in those over as well and add his fielding . 

Now what has Flashy guys like raina, yuvi, rohit , dhawan offer u in last 10-12 games apart from 1-2 gud innings, Jadeja wud have dne badly in 2-3 innings at most

12 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I said lets ask questions. I am not saying Pandya should be dropped. Give him plenty of chances in both the ODI and T20 team

But at the moment there are question marks over him. You cannot deny that,

N thats the sad part,

Youngsters being made scapegoat, Ppl need to understand he was there in the team for his hard hitting ability which he poses best in whole india and its a bonus that he offer bowling with pace and fielding.

The Last guy in india with hiitting ability was yusuf pathan who didnt offer much with ball and in fielding well how many catches does he drop every yr in ipl. 

Pandya bowled in every match n obv he wud have bad times with, if raina n yuvi wud have bowled every match even they wud have been carted around most times and lets not forget even they had bad days with bowling. PPl tend to forget Yuvraj n Jadeja has been hit for 5 sixes in over. 

Neways its sad we ques n make youngsters scapegoat rather player who are senior , but they perfom 1 out of 12 games due to which obv team wnt do well and in the end a youngster wud b ques who basically perfomed better than most of his seniors.