ICC has become a Joke !!!

9 minutes ago, broken_wings said:

Nobody wants to get out of the tournament by 1/2 matches. It applies to all. 2007 WC format was wrong. I am not denying that.

But how can ICC clearly say that "guaranteed 9 matches of India" ?? Why naming one particular country ? Why not saying "if countries can play 8/9 matches....." !

Isn't it already a known fact that India brings about 80% of the revenue? He's just stating it in a different way.  

"Guaranteed 9 matches of India" can also be interpreted as "guaranteed 9 matches to Bangladesh", provided if they qualify.

7 minutes ago, broken_wings said:

This thread has nothing to do with Bangladesh. Read the article before you jump on a bandwagon!

Full of irrelevant issues. Stick with the issue that has been raised.

For your help i am stating the question here again :

Can ICC make such comment that guaranteed 9 matches of India will be more beneficial to ICC than not having Indian matches in a global event like WC ?

Yes, ICC can.

Dave is talking about "financial worth" and that is a fact with the Indian market generating the majority of ICC revenues. The key is not to get your knickers in a knot with selective reading.

You seem to have two options: (a) develop the market in your own country and compete with the BCCI or (b) be green with  jealousy and jingoism and develop conspiracy theories on forums. Good luck with both of them :icflove:

36 minutes ago, broken_wings said:

This thread has nothing to do with Bangladesh. Read the article before you jump on a bandwagon!

Full of irrelevant issues. Stick with the issue that has been raised.

For your help i am stating the question here again :

Can ICC make such comment that guaranteed 9 matches of India will be more beneficial to ICC than not having Indian matches in a global event like WC ?

ICC is simpy saying that more matches India play the more money they get.Doesnt mean they will influence matches to make India play more.

Unless you have evidence that ICC helped influence matches to get India to play more matches i dont understand what are you whining about.

42 minutes ago, broken_wings said:

No one is saying its India's fault to influence ICC. I haven't mentioned its BCCI or Ind's conspiracy. Please don't read too much in between lines and stick to the point that has been raised.

What I am saying, Should ICC get influenced by the monetary benefits of having more Indian matches in WC which might hamper the spirit of the game and fair play ?

Nobody read the article, it seems !

Monetary considerations are always kept in mind in the practical world.  ICC has just stated that if India plays all the games then the monetary benefits will be substantially more and of course the benefits will go to all the members including the associate members. That is just a true fact. I don't know how stating a fact can be questioned ! 

As I said before....India did not play all the games , even while playing in their own country....which proves that the spirit of the game and fair play were not hampered.   Unless it can be proved that ICC has helped India unfairly win matches then there should be nothing to complain about.

If  ICC does not have sufficient money then how will new nations like Bangladesh, Afganisthan etc. come up ?

Edited by express bowling

Does the OP understand anything about context.   This guy is defending his decision vis-a-vis associates.  But sure, interpret it to suit your prejudices.  Keep looking for conspiracies everywhere and you will start seeing them everywhere.  

Edited by tdigi
Don't abuse
3 hours ago, Lannister said:

What he meant by that is playing more group stage matches thereby ensuring each team will get a fair chance in order to qualify for the semifinal stage. You don't want a tournament where a single loss will result in a team getting knocked out. 

Troll post to rile up people.

Do you want ICC to come and say that we would like minnows like Bangladesh and Afghanistan to play super 10.

It happened in 2007 and what did ICC get. One of the worst WC tournaments with poor sponsorship and attendance.

By the way , be happy that Richardson didnt say that because of generosity of India the associate nations and minnows like Bangladesh are still getting their cricket subsidized.

Nowhere in world sports you will see where a country generated 75% of revenue but only take home 20% of profits.

If you do not want Richardson to make these statements ask yourboard to generate 75% of ICC revenue, rather than whining about another endless conspiracy theory.

If stating a fact is something our padosis can't bear, I think they are living in denial.

Again, please come back with proof that ICC favored India by making India win matches and you may have a point. Aimlessly, crying conspiracy based on few sentences isn't great. 

As I have always said, if India playing more matches is a necessity, then WTH did we not play the final in 2015 and 2016 ICC tournaments???

45 minutes ago, vijay50 said:

Troll post to rile up people.

Do you want ICC to come and say that we would like minnows like Bangladesh and Afghanistan to play super 10.

It happened in 2007 and what did ICC get. One of the worst WC tournaments with poor sponsorship and attendance.

By the way , be happy that Richardson didnt say that because of generosity of India the associate nations and minnows like Bangladesh are still getting their cricket subsidized.

Nowhere in world sports you will see where a country generated 75% of revenue but only take home 20% of profits.

If you do not want Richardson to make these statements ask yourboard to generate 75% of ICC revenue, rather than whining about another endless conspiracy theory.

Oh I am flattered. Have this mentally and you will be all along playing cricket with your bunnies. No wonder why cricket is dying at global scale !

1 hour ago, TheWall said:

This thread itself a big joke..

Its nothing but hatred towards India.

Mate, its all your assumption. I didn't utter any hatred towards India, rather against ICC.  If you are old enough then you'd know how India used to be victimized of ICC back in 90s. Then India was not a super power and ICC was not that much commercial. Now ICC is just using India for their gain.

6 minutes ago, broken_wings said:

Mate, its all your assumption. I didn't utter any hatred towards India, rather against ICC.  If you are old enough then you'd know how India used to be victimized of ICC back in 90s. Then India was not a super power and ICC was not that much commercial. Now ICC is just using India for their gain.

It's a free market. Bring in more dollars, fans and star power than India brings, and you'll have the ICC at your feet. India worked itself up from the 90s. Time for other countries to step up. 

India has carried the game long enough. Today the cricket world is thankful to India. Once you guys carry the global game on your shoulders, India will be thankful to you. 

5 hours ago, broken_wings said:

Seriously ! How sensible for ICC to say like this for a global event ? ICC itself wants India to play guaranteed matches till Final only to make financial gain from a global event ? This statement shows how biased ICC is towards India in order to make sure they don't exit early. Is it fair for other countries ? Or, other countries have accepted this as a fact ?

In whichever way you want to defend it, for me it surely goes against the spirit of a game. ICC is the governing body of Cricket, they should not act on behalf of a certain team only to make financial gain. Then what's the point of having a governing body ? Thankfully Dave made ICC's position clear and it's publicly known now.

ICC is not an organization living in thin air. It is run by 10 member states. Currently they are unequal in power but when this decision was made they were equal. So equal responsibility goes to the members, BCB and PCB included. If you are really not liking this comment, why don't you start asking your home board first and blame them? 

If India plays less matches it's less of India's loss, because India has other avenues of income. A lot of member boards don't have that luxury. So a proposal for India to play more matches will always be voted in, including those of PCB and BCB.

15 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

This thread pretty much backfired on the Op. It seems majority of the people here are hellbent on defending India's reputation more than what has been written there.

OT: Op I totally agree. There should no reason for a ICC member to come out and say which country benefits them the most finiancually. ICC should stay neutral to every nation and not favor one nation over the other. Because it makes the game feel a lot smaller than it already is. 

Ofcourse you would agree. Pakistanis blindly supporting Bangladesh and Lankan people as in other forums. How many times have we seen this, in this forum.

You should call  Richardson and tell him not to issue these statements.

Really don't understand Bangladeshi fans having a problem with India's power in the ICC.  India's authority in the ICC is nothing but good news for teams like Bangladesh. Do Bangladeshi fans really want the balance of power to return to England? 

Take off your blinders of hatred, and be grateful.

45 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Really don't understand Bangladeshi fans having a problem with India's power in the ICC.  India's authority in the ICC is nothing but good news for teams like Bangladesh. Do Bangladeshi fans really want the balance of power to return to England? 

Take off your blinders of hatred, and be grateful.

That tone !!

For matter of fact, no country should show its power in the ICC, be it India or England. You sound as if you own ICC. Don't be arrogant fool. Be brave enough to say wrong what is wrong, and right what is right.

43 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Do you think its appropraite for a professional organization to come out and say what nation benefits them the most? I mean thats like singling out one nation from 9 others that play the game. There is no need for ICC to play the favorites. 

Statements taken out of context usually do not convey the actual meaning of the entire article.

Dave Richardson is discussing in this article about the possibility of adding new teams in the next T20 WC, about the format of the tournament  and about the financial aspect of  expanding cricket. When one of the issues is finance for the ICC and its link with expanding cricket then such a statement is quite likely to come up.

7 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

ICC is simpy saying that more matches India play the more money they get.Doesnt mean they will influence matches to make India play more.

Unless you have evidence that ICC helped influence matches to get India to play more matches i dont understand what are you whining about.

In fact the very fact that ICC announced this goes against his theory and not for it. Why would they publicly announce if they were influencing results?

55 minutes ago, New guy said:

In fact the very fact that ICC announced this goes against his theory and not for it. Why would they publicly announce if they were influencing results?

Tell that to our insecure BD posters who think everyone is out to get them or help India.They dont realise that even their improved team will be beaten 9 out of 10 times by most top 8 teams.