ICC has become a Joke !!!

43 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Do you think its appropraite for a professional organization to come out and say what nation benefits them the most? I mean thats like singling out one nation from 9 others that play the game. There is no need for ICC to play the favorites. 

Statements taken out of context usually do not convey the actual meaning of the entire article.

Dave Richardson is discussing in this article about the possibility of adding new teams in the next T20 WC, about the format of the tournament  and about the financial aspect of  expanding cricket. When one of the issues is finance for the ICC and its link with expanding cricket then such a statement is quite likely to come up.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Statements taken out of context usually do not convey the actual meaning of the entire article.

Dave Richardson is discussing in this article about the possibility of adding new teams in the next T20 WC, about the format of the tournament  and about the financial aspect of  expanding cricket. When one of the issues is finance for the ICC and its link with expanding cricket then such a statement is quite likely to come up.

If he wanted to talk about finance than he could have said it in a different way, other than singling out one nation.  If he plans to expand cricket how will he do it if only one nation is producing 70 percent of the revenue? Why isn't there any effort on providing chances for smaller teams to succeed? 

Using a nation as a tool to gain money is utterly crap. I am suprised none you are offended by this.

7 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

ICC is simpy saying that more matches India play the more money they get.Doesnt mean they will influence matches to make India play more.

Unless you have evidence that ICC helped influence matches to get India to play more matches i dont understand what are you whining about.

In fact the very fact that ICC announced this goes against his theory and not for it. Why would they publicly announce if they were influencing results?

55 minutes ago, New guy said:

In fact the very fact that ICC announced this goes against his theory and not for it. Why would they publicly announce if they were influencing results?

Tell that to our insecure BD posters who think everyone is out to get them or help India.They dont realise that even their improved team will be beaten 9 out of 10 times by most top 8 teams.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

If he wanted to talk about finance than he could have said it in a different way, other than singling out one nation.  If he plans to expand cricket how will he do it if only one nation is producing 70 percent of the revenue? Why isn't there any effort on providing chances for smaller teams to succeed? 

Using a nation as a tool to gain money is utterly crap. I am suprised none you are offended by this.

India is producing a huge share of revenue for the ICC . Why should it not be mentioned in a discussion about ICCs finances ? If anything, there seems to be too little recognition of the fact that the other countries,  apart from India,  are not trying hard enough to popularize cricket in their own countries.

If one nation is producing 70% of revenue then it is not  that country's  fault or  the ICC's fault .    Why are other countries not trying hard enough to popularize cricket  ?  It also requires improvement of the financial situation of the weaker countries. The onus is on the other countries and not the ICC. 

There seems to be quite a bit of effort to make the smaller teams succeed. However, the smaller teams cannot keep on blaming the ICC and BCCI for everything.   For any team or any player to succeed, there has to be a lot of will to succeed...and that has been missing from some teams.  Just blaming others don't bring success.

I don't think using a nation to earn money is bothering anybody....it is the  'giving recognition to India '  part and any added power that may follow as a result, which is bothering some people.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

So that is ICC's fault, so why even drag India in it?

3 hours ago, broken_wings said:

That tone !!

For matter of fact, no country should show its power in the ICC, be it India or England. You sound as if you own ICC. Don't be arrogant fool. Be brave enough to say wrong what is wrong, and right what is right.

That tone is warranted. Try making a couple of weeks worth of posts where you're not whining about India. Do that, and your complaints about India might actually be heard here.

But if you are going to let your dissatisfaction with India consume every single aspect  of your cricket related thinking, you will not be taken seriously here.  You'll be dismissed as a bitter, jealous and sore loser.

Perhaps you could learn from Sammy and Samuels. Win something relevant, and then use that as a platform to air your grievances. People are more willing to listen to winners. 

India is producing a huge share of revenue for the ICC . Why should it not be mentioned in a discussion about ICCs finances ?

Because it is a competing nation. Why would you discuss something that should not be discussed in public? They could discuss it behind the scenes for all I care. But saying it in public like that will raise some eyeballs. Because now fans will look at every victory of India's as a way for them to get financial gain.

If anything, there seems to be too little recognition of the fact that the other countries,  apart from India,  are not trying hard enough to popularize cricket in their own countries.

Other countries have there own problems with there boards. Not every country sees cricket as there main sport. So before you bring up what other countries do its best to look at your own. And by the way this is not a dig at India its more like a dig at the ICC for using such methods of gaining revenue.

If one nation is producing 70% of revenue then it is not  that country's  fault or  the ICC's fault .    Why are other countries not trying hard enough to popularize cricket  ?  It also requires improvement of the financial situation of the weaker countries. The onus is on the other countries and not the ICC. 

Once again you won't get 70 percent of revenue from other countries when they got either board issues or simply got other sports they prefer to play besides cricket. It is Icc's job to look after these countries. Not Indias or anyone elses. They should focus on expending the game instead of worrying about which country gives them more money. 

There seems to be quite a bit of effort to make the smaller teams succeed. However, the smaller teams cannot keep on blaming the ICC and BCCI for everything.   For any team or any player to succeed, there has to be a lot of will to succeed...and that has been missing from some teams.  Just blaming others don't bring success.

Hardly. Cricket in the States has not become big yet. They are not trying to sponsar this game much here unfortunately. They need to get China to play or any other big countries. If those countries become successful there is a chance they will earn more money. But sadly there obsession with Indian money has stopped them from going that far. 

Like did you even see the Qualifying matches this year? Teams like Scottland, Ireland, Afganistan tried there best in there group matches. Its upsetting to see how these countries have not been given the proper opportunities to shine as of yet. In fact the next 50 over World Cup wont even feature them. How is this good for the game?

My point is Icc should stop looking inside Indian money and think outside the box. It is not India's fault it is producing 70 percent of revenue. Hell thats good for the game currently. But not for its future. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I don't think using a nation to earn money is bothering anybody....it is the  'giving recognition to India '  part and any added power that may follow as a result, which is bothering some people.

If India is producing more money than thats good for them. But a organization like ICC should not be openly saying it. Because it makes the game feel a bit more smaller. Instead of naming a nation they should stay neutral about it as possible. 

2 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

So that is ICC's fault, so why even drag India in it?

Because ICC dragged India into it. Why was I not supposed to take a dig at ICC by not mentioning India? The fault goes to the ICC. India is just being mentioned here because they pointed out its revenue gain. In fact this whole thread was ment to be a dig at ICC not India. Which the opening poster clearly tried to identify.

3 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Because ICC dragged India into it. Why was I not supposed to take a dig at ICC by not mentioning India? The fault goes to the ICC. India is just being mentioned here because they pointed out its revenue gain. In fact this whole thread was ment to be a dig at ICC not India. Which the opening poster clearly tried to identify.

I am sorry bro, but the cricketing revenue is in India and Indians constitute the largest set of viewers in the cricketing world. So, its a fact that Mr. Richardson has stated.

If you can't accept the fact, please go and protest outside the ICC headquarters. Maybe that will help.

ICC is headquartered in Dubai, so you may proceed there. 

10 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

I am sorry bro, but the cricketing revenue is in India and Indians constitute the largest set of viewers in the cricketing world. So, its a fact that Mr. Richardson has stated.

If you can't accept the fact, please go and protest outside the ICC headquarters. Maybe that will help.

ICC is headquartered in Dubai, so you may proceed there. 

Wow are you really gonna make me repeat myself? Lol

Stupid post.

5 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Wow are you really gonna make me repeat myself? Lol

Stupid post.

The wonder thread opener has made it seem almost as if ICC has fixed games for India to win, which clearly doesn't make any sense.

In fact some padosis jumping just because he mentioned the word "India" is even more laughable.

6 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

The wonder thread opener has made it seem almost as if ICC has fixed games for India to win, which clearly doesn't make any sense.

In fact some padosis jumping just because he mentioned the word "India" is even more laughable.

No one claimed ICC is fixing Indian games. If anything that is your own assumption. But what this message from the ICC does is create a awkward feel to the Indian team. Meaning now instead of watching them for entertainment purposes its all about numbers ICC makes in there pockets.

Also I find it funny how you attack my nationality over my argument. You don't even know who I am nor know where I was brought up. So lets keep the personal insults out of it. 

Edited by Shaz1
1 minute ago, Shaz1 said:

No one claimed ICC is fixing Indian games. If anything that is your own assumption. But what this message from the ICC does is create a awkward feel to the Indian team. Meaning now instead of watching them for entertainment purposes its all about numbers ICC makes in there pockets.

Also I find it funny how you attack my nationality over argument. You don't even know who I am nor know where I was brought up. So lets keep the personal insults out of it. 

I made an observation, not an insult my friend. 

I know truth is bitter sometimes, but take it easy. Revenues are always going to be good even if it is a second string Indian side. The viewership is immense in the country and that is the fact.

Just now, Adi_91 said:

I made an observation, not an insult my friend. 

I know truth is bitter sometimes, but take it easy. Revenues are always going to be good even if it is a second string Indian side. The viewership is immense in the country and that is the fact.

Well your observation was incorrect. Just letting you know.

This has nothing to do with the truth. The point is no professional organization should single out one entity above others. No matter how special one entity is. It should stay neutral and try to expend its horizons.

Just now, Shaz1 said:

Well your observation was incorrect. Just letting you know.

This has nothing to do with the truth. The point is no professional organization should single out one entity above others. No matter how special one entity is. It should stay neutral and try to expend its horizons.

But stating truth is also no offense. Better than coming with loose claims which cannot be verified. Like Mr. Kamal did last year and BCB chief Nazmul Hassan did recently during the World Twenty20.

2 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

But stating truth is also no offense. Better than coming with loose claims which cannot be verified. Like Mr. Kamal did last year and BCB chief Nazmul Hassan did recently during the World Twenty20.

So should we expect India to play 9 matches in the next Tournament?