Who is the best all-format batsman (Test, ODI, T20) in the World today? [2016-17 Edition]

Texan

Best batsman  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best all format batsman today?

• Steven Smith
    • Joe Root
    • Hashim Amla
    • Kane Williamson
    • AB DeVilliers
    • David Warner
    • Virat Kohli
    • Someone else

27 minutes ago, HippoSucks said:

In all formats the best batsman is easily Kohli. He is in the top 10 for tests, top 2 in ODIs and top 2 in T20s (with Finch or Gayle). 

The only concern I have around Kohli is batting in conditions where the ball is moving. He had a torrid time in England. Other than that, Kohli is indeed one of the best in the World today. 

22 minutes ago, Lala said:

Im surprised about people selecting Kholi where he is only good in Flat tracks. He struggles in Bouncy pitches in ENG,NZ & AUS. So I rate Root & Williamson over kholi since they are good in any pitch regardless of spin,bounce or flat.

Yeah OK. Kohli struggles in Australia. 

58 minutes ago, Lala said:

Im surprised about people selecting Kholi where he is only good in Flat tracks. He struggles in Bouncy pitches in ENG,NZ & AUS. So I rate Root & Williamson over kholi since they are good in any pitch regardless of spin,bounce or flat.

Kohli made close to 500 runs in test series in Australia and several 50s in T20s against australia. And 2 hundreds in ODIs in Australia. What are you smoking?

1 minute ago, vijay50 said:

Kohli made close to 500 runs in test series in Australia and several 50s in T20s against australia. And 2 hundreds in ODIs in Australia. What are you smoking?

once in a while that happens bhai. I mentioned overall he is not a player in bouncy pitches.

3 minutes ago, Lala said:

once in a while that happens bhai. I mentioned overall he is not a player in bouncy pitches.

He is a stud on bouncy pitches. It's swinging conditions where he has failed a few times We will see if he's able to combat those conditions more successfully next time

1 hour ago, Lala said:

Are you joking  ?

Kohli is one of the best players of pace and bounce among Asian batsmen and at par with other good batsmen against  pace and bounce.

In test matches he averages 63 in Australia, 71 in NZ and 68 in South Africa with 7 centuries in 12 test matches in these 3 countries.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/253802.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting

In  ODIs he averages 50 in Australia, 62 in NZ and 46  in South Africa with 5 centuries in these 3 countries.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/253802.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting

His only weakness has been against outswing on the 5th stump while playing  tests in  England.  Even there , in ODIs, he averages 39 with one century.

Edited by express bowling
25 minutes ago, Lala said:

Overall, Kohli is known for performing on fast bouncy pitches.  Has performed exceptionally or well  in 4 test series in Australia, South Africa and NZ.

He has a very good hook, pull, cut as well as leave against  fast bouncers and rising deliveries.  

Have you ever seen Kohli bat in a test match in Australia or South Africa  or just making random , meaningless statements  ?

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Overall, Kohli is known for performing on fast bouncy pitches.  Has performed exceptionally or well  in 4 test series in Australia, South Africa and NZ.

He has a very good hook, pull, cut as well as leave against  fast bouncers and rising deliveries.  

Have you ever seen Kohli bat in a test match in Australia or South Africa  or just making random , meaningless statements  ?

But I saw he was struggling every tour in England.

2 hours ago, Lala said:

Kohli averaged 55+ in saf,nzl,aus respectively.root got owned in Australia and nzl (though he was inexperienced and young) 

44 minutes ago, Lala said:

He has struggled in just one test series in England...and that is because in that tour he had developed a strange weakness against the outswing delivery on the 5th stump.   Nothing to do with pace and bounce.  Wickets in England do not have extra pace and bounce anyway and England did not have any good pacer who was bowling 140 k + in that tour.

53 minutes ago, Lala said:

His problem is swing and not bounce, you are confusing between the two. I agree that he still has to prove himself in Swing conditions but that comment of yours that he is mostly a flat track player is just ignorant, he has done well in SA, Aus and done okay in NZ