Jump to content
StriKe

IPL 2016 - Official Thread

Winner of IPL 2016?  

27 members have voted

  1. 1. Winner of IPL 2016?



Recommended Posts

Assuming that RCB vs K11 game is a washout, 5 teams could end up with 8 wins:

 

  • SRH loses to DD and KKR (NRR would drop)
  • KKR loses to GL and beats SRH (NRR could improve, get worse or remain same)
  • GL loses to MI and beats KKR (NRR could improve, get worse or remain same)
  • MI beats GL (NRR would improve)
  • DD beats SRH and RCB (NRR would improve)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WRM after May 18th game

 

Teams 8 wins  7 wins
SRH 0% 0%
KKR 50% 0%
GL 50% 0%
MI 100% 0%
RCB 100% 0%
DD 100% 50%
K11 Out  
RPS Out  
Edited by rett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how I want rest of the matches to play out:

 

DD wins against SRH (big) Loses to RCB (small) ends on 14 pts with close to 0 NRR

RCB ends with 16 pts plus a big positive NRR

KKR loses big to SRH, ends on 14 pts with slightly negative NRR

SRH ends with 18 points - Top the Table

GL win Big against MI, end on 18 points, second in the table

MI stays at 14 points, big negative NRR

 

Final 4:

1. SRH

2. GL

3. RCB

4. DD

 

In reality, DD will probably lose both and one of KKR or MI will sneak in. Top 3 are pretty much confirmed even if their positions change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kruiser said:

This is how I want rest of the matches to play out:

 

DD wins against SRH (big) Loses to RCB (small) ends on 14 pts with close to 0 NRR

RCB ends with 16 pts plus a big positive NRR

KKR loses big to SRH, ends on 14 pts with slightly negative NRR

SRH ends with 18 points - Top the Table

GL win Big against MI, end on 18 points, second in the table

MI stays at 14 points, big negative NRR

 

Final 4:

1. SRH

2. GL

3. RCB

4. DD

 

In reality, DD will probably lose both and one of KKR or MI will sneak in. Top 3 are pretty much confirmed even if their positions change.

Nice. :nice:

here's what i want:   

My dream of seeing both MI and KKR out still alive. 

DD to beat SRH 

GL to beat MI (MI Out)

SRH to beat KKR . 

RCB v DD gets Washed out or DD wins a close match so that RCB NRR does not get damaged. 

RCB NRR is so so good that they can qualify with just 14 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Among the top 6 teams: 

 

Strong in one dept and ordinary in the other: DD (as young Ind batsmen are not clicking), RCB (Batting needs to score way above par), SRH (Bowling is good but batting is more like 1 man + musical chair)

 

Mixed bag (decent batsmen and bowlers) - GL and KKR 

 

Relatively balanced (both good batting and bowling) - MI (but performance has been like a roller coaster ride)

Edited by rett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2016 at 1:40 PM, kruiser said:

This is how I want rest of the matches to play out:

 

DD wins against SRH (big) Loses to RCB (small) ends on 14 pts with close to 0 NRR

RCB ends with 16 pts plus a big positive NRR

KKR loses big to SRH, ends on 14 pts with slightly negative NRR

SRH ends with 18 points - Top the Table

GL win Big against MI, end on 18 points, second in the table

MI stays at 14 points, big negative NRR

 

Final 4:

1. SRH

2. GL

3. RCB

4. DD

 

In reality, DD will probably lose both and one of KKR or MI will sneak in. Top 3 are pretty much confirmed even if their positions change.

1st part according to the plan.. keep going! Now GL should spank MI tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, asterix said:

@Rett, MI & KKR won't qualify... They've won enough trophies... This year IPL will be different and will have new finalists...

For that to happen, following would have to happen:

 

  • SRH beats KKR so it has 9 wins
  • GL beats MI so it has 9 wins
  • DD beats RCB so it has 8 wins
  • RCB would have 7 wins but qualifies based on NRR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rett said:

For that to happen, following would have to happen:

 

  • SRH beats KKR so it has 9 wins
  • GL beats MI so it has 9 wins
  • DD beats RCB so it has 8 wins
  • RCB would have 7 wins but qualifies based on NRR 

Exactly how i want it.. RCB should lose the match against DD so that customary loss is out of the way! they can regroup and win the next 3 to win the trophy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kruiser said:

Exactly how i want it.. RCB should lose the match against DD so that customary loss is out of the way! they can regroup and win the next 3 to win the trophy!

LOL I thought i would be the only one who wants KKR and MI eliminated but i was wrong. :giggle:

I really want RCB and DD to qualify. DD for Zak and RCB so that Kohli can get to 1000 in a season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, radhika said:

Purple cap for SRH .....third time on Bhuvi's worthy head.:clap:

No2 in the orange cap race....Warner.:clap:

Three players in the top 10 valuable players.....one batsman,one bowler and one all rounder.:clap::clap::clap:

 

 

Our chahal has played 12 games.. it bhuv i 15.

See the difference between 1 and 2 on orange cap list. See the difference between 2 and 3 on the orange cap list.

 

All top 3 on MVP list from RCB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sourab10forever said:

Our chahal has played 12 games.. it bhuv i 15.

See the difference between 1 and 2 on orange cap list. See the difference between 2 and 3 on the orange cap list.

 

All top 3 on MVP list from RCB

 

You also celebrate their achievement na...apni post banake.....:aetsch:

Go srh!!!!!:partyall::partyall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×