Hinduism is dead. Shut the temples down (The Supreme Court has reduced the polymorphic religion to a bunch of meaningless myths.)

rkt.india

8 hours ago, Singh bling said:

What about Kanjaks , why only little girls, not boys are worshipped, don't you think that should also be changed

And even the customs of giving money and gifts to sisters/daughters and their families on every festival and marriage etc. are outdated.

Sisters and daughters, their husband and inlaws  are also well-to-do. They don't need those gifts or moneys. Still in most cases, girl's husband and in-laws will badmouth the girl and her family in case they don't get those moneys and gifts.

21 minutes ago, gattaca said:

It's not Hinduism. SC has passed judgements for Muslims too. We can't just say this is against just Hindus. I would like to hear your opinion why women shouldn't allowed to certain but other temples. Doesn't the Hindu religion state Adhi shakthi is the ultimate power in the universe who happens to be a woman even Brahma, Vishnu and shiva are step down from her ? 

Women are allowed in temples all over India. Just not Sabrimala. Why you ask? Wiki (if you dont know already) who Lord Ayyappan was. (probably similar reasons for other temples that have restrictions on women. 

And I want to see them enforce their diktats on muslims. They can do that to hindus, becaue Govt controls the temples (biggest WTF in the history of mankind and another example of sickularism). 

Edited by surajmal

And everytime a SC judge opens his/her mouth about what a Hindu should be, I want to rip out his/her balls/ovaries and feed them to his/her children. Mfers have 5000 judge vacancies in High courts, 4 crore cases pending all over India, but sirs/madams want to do activism... Suck a dick. 

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

If people believe in illogical gods and go to temples then they will have to believe in these illogical legends too. Shani worship isnt considered good for women. Shani is a god of sins and evils and represents chhaya. It can reverse the good effects of sun on women and brings ill effects.

This episode comes out as a hypocrisy to me. Contradicting behavior. 

Logic , rational , and equality cannot be applied 100% in Religion . Unless court see's some very terrible practice where women or people are killed or injured , they can hardly do anything.Even terrible practice of flagellation on moharam still continues

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238211/Blood-flows-mosque-floor-Indian-Shiite-Muslims-mass-flagellation-procession.html

Will Indian court stop this?  As this is quite barbaric in this age

Edited by Singh bling

Here's why women are barred from Sabarimala; It is not because they are 'unclean'

http://www.firstpost.com/india/why-women-are-barred-from-sabarimala-its-not-because-they-are-unclean-2583694.html

That reason is even more vague. Horrible though it is, at least we can grasp it if they are calling menstruating women unclean.

But this just says that Lord Ayyapa has promised to stop remaining celibate if kanni-swamis (first time male devotees) stop coming to Sabarimala. Where does he say he will stop remaining celibate if women visit the temple?

^^Feminazis at play. Reform is not limited to Hinduism only. Even ROP can be reformed, but these judges dont have the balls to do it.

The SC stepped in to grant Muslim women alimony in case of divorce, which was not provided earlier. Recently the SC is hearing a case related to triple talaq. Courts can only do so much though. It's the parliament that doesn't have the balls to pass UCC.

1 hour ago, moniker said:

That reason is even more vague. Horrible though it is, at least we can grasp it if they are calling menstruating women unclean.

But this just says that Lord Ayyapa has promised to stop remaining celibate if kanni-swamis (first time male devotees) stop coming to Sabarimala. Where does he say he will stop remaining celibate if women visit the temple.

That's what the legend says. Lot of those are symbolic. Every woman is a symbol here. Entering women here means breaking the celibacy.

In a way, it is good to see the courts intervening in some of the religious practices that could be termed discriminatory towards a certain class (in this case women). I feel that women should be allowed in all temples at all times that men are allowed. 

I hope now that the courts will also have the guts to declare triple talaq, polygamy and male chauvinistic practices of other religions as illegal too. Or are they going to chicken out and only target Hinduism? I bet you will hear from the usual sickular brigade as soon as some archaic religious practices of other religions are targeted. 

@radhika - I don't think the whole of Hinduism is based on keeping women out of temples. If that is your interpretation of Hinduism, then you have probably not understood the religion/way of life in the first place. Hinduism does have a very important place for women. If you look at other religions as well, you will see that women are not exactly treated as equals either. Have you ever heard of a woman pope? Have you seen a man wear a burqa walking with a woman not wearing one? All religions to some extent are male chauvinistic. 

1 hour ago, Texan said:

@radhika - I don't think the whole of Hinduism is based on keeping women out of temples. If that is your interpretation of Hinduism, then you have probably not understood the religion/way of life in the first place. Hinduism does have a very important place for women. If you look at other religions as well, you will see that women are not exactly treated as equals either. Have you ever heard of a woman pope? Have you seen a man wear a burqa walking with a woman not wearing one? All religions to some extent are male chauvinistic. 

That was a sarcastic comment in response to the heading. The SC allows women to enter this temple and the fundoos start crying like it is an attack on religion and this move will destroy hinduism.Like keeping women out is the core of hinduism.

Agree with the rest.

The cry was not against the protest tofnot letting women into temples. Reform of religion is always good for the society. The anger is against courts and activist judges who have the time and money to spend on these frivolous cases rather than cases like Mallya's looting of banks. I think in this day and age, if somebody can't go to a temple, they are better off praying in their homes. As religion is faith based, using country's laws to fight faith which is not harming anybody (not letting women is not killing or harming anybody and hence the case is frivolous) is needless. Let courts worry about girl infanticide, dowry deaths etc. which is really harming somebody's civil rights. If I am not allowed to enter a temple, I will go back home. BFD!

If there is a Agarwal Samaj and if some other baniya group is protesting that they are not allowed to enter the Samaj, can the courts intervene?

Edited by coffee_rules

2 hours ago, radhika said:

That was a sarcastic comment in response to the heading. The SC allows women to enter this temple and the fundoos start crying like it is an attack on religion and this move will destroy hinduism.Like keeping women out is the core of hinduism.

Agree with the rest.

There are only 4 temples in India where women are not allowed. Sabrimala, Shani (in Shingnapur, Maharashtra ), Baba Balaknath (in Harimpur, Himachal) and Kartikeya (Pehowa, Haryana).

there are temples where only women are allowed (Savitri Temple in Rajasthan near Pushkar, or Shri Path in Uttar Pradesh’s Chandauli district), and rituals that only women may perform (Attukal Pongal in Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram). There are temples where men, not women, have to bare their chest on entry (Mookambika in South Karnataka), and where men have to dress as women and appear before the Goddess (Kottankulangara Temple at Chavara, near Kollam, Kerala).

It is not because of gender discrimination but because of the old legend which is what makes those places important for people. If those practices are not followed, they wont have any importance left anymore.

Are Indian courts and activists denying the gods their gender and sexuality?

http://scroll.in/article/806773/are-courts-and-activists-denying-gods-their-gender-and-sexuality

Let guys ask for entry to those temples if they want.

For men it may not be an issue because there are not many things  they are not allowed  to do ...but for women this is an issue because they are told  from childhood what is right for them and what is not.This is  a symbolic victory.

Personally I stopped going to temples when I saw how the priests treat the followers in Guruvayur Temple. 

I don't need some priests to tell me how to do the darshan.I pray at home.

I would never care to go any where near a temple dedicated to a God who feels bad about women praying them or who feel violated or  feel their chastity has been violated .

As for all the people giving all kind  bullshit pseudo scientific reasons for why menstruating women women should not be allowed(or even the way they are isolated in some communities and treated like shit when they have periods)...I pray and fast during my periods too and God has never cared much.

People give justifications for keeping dalits out of temples too. Why care about such bigots?

Let people have the choice .If Shani Dev has objections,let him strike them dead.

Personally I don't care if there are temples based on gender.

My objection is to treating  women like dirty being because of their reproduction system. 

The way the priests at Sabrimala  Temple reacted about menstruating women was so disgusting. His comments that women can be allowed if we have machines that can check if women are menstruating or not.

@.#$^& you are in this world because your mother did too.

To think that these B@#$%^^ are supposed to be our guides to God and religion is bewildering.  People like that don't get to treat half the population like that.

When you disrespect people ,they are going to fight back and then you will get your ass kicked.

Now soon these  bloody priests will watch these very women they treat like dirty dogs enter the temple and they will not be able to do any thing about it.

That itself is worth the fight.

^ Rads calm down yaar. I see your frustration and it is totally justified but Shani temple is so inconsequential but anyway I don't see why women should not be allowed there.

As for the other issue, I think it should be rather other way that those women having menstruation pain should be allowed in a separate quick line. Honestly, I have lost faith in almost all the temples these days.

Firstly many pujari's are worst. Deciding Pujari based on their birth is a wrong system. A saintly dalit will not be allowed to enter the temple and evil Bramhin is the pujari. Such system is fundamentally wrong. I am not anti bramhin. in fact I am one of them. But even bramhin do not understand that they are not doing any service to god by working in templew. they are merely misusing their brith right, despite being undeservint and they get to treat others like trash. The real bramhin is the one who knows brahma, is a person, he who himself emits the divinity.

Anyways, there are very few jagrut temples in india. I certainly go there, do not offer Prasad or abhishek or flowers. I just go and meditate for an hour and then walk out. No donation, I don't eat Prasad. But when I visit such places, the divine presence there is so evident. Here in US, I never go to temples.