Are the right talent given a shot in IPL?

maniac

All the Ipl "fun" aside..... Are the right talent being picked???

today I saw this guy akshdeep nath who was really pathetic.... I mean our team just reached the U-19 finals and while we have an entire squad of 15 youngsters.....we see this pathetic hack given a shot at stardom really!??? Disgusting 

Lot of Players toil hard in domestics....Are there a lot of top run getters and wicket takers from indian domestics in the line ups of the franchises.Are they being picked to show their skills?

now let's look at it from an international perspective.... Some uncapped South African spinner is getting a shot where as I am sure there are pretty good players from associate nations who are good enough to hang in with the big boys.

A few Australian and South African players are just not deserving of this kind of money.... So are the big time ex players who hold important positions from these countries playing a role in these crap players trickling down into IPL?

A lot of posters who love indian cricket and cricket in general post here even though most of us like to treat IPL as fun , but seriously are we getting to see the best from these countries  or really deserving players getting a shot to make money?

like sscomp posted that this akshdeep nath guy was picked over the U-19 skipper ......its disgusting to say the least.

i remember a guy called Thailaivar something play for Srh few seasons back....how did this guy make it??? I know IPL is a franchise system that throws up unknown talent based on potential eg, kamran khan etc..if they get lost in the system once in a while but that's not the core issue....but the real problem is some players who make it are so poor that it shows that something shady goes on  backstage in who makes it to get a shot at big time.

not even going to touch on how players like RP, Pk still Stay relevant as atleast it can be overlooked because they are ex-indian cricketers of some repute .

As much as I want to love IPL and argue against the haters these kind of dealings sometimes bring the morale down.

5 minutes ago, bulbul said:

Every season this happens...

Another example - Hanuma Vihari with t20 SR of 100 played many matches as a quota player..but they will eventually thrown out.

Hanuma Vihari has done very well

in domestic first class but may not be a t20 player...but as a local talent earned his shot....debatable yes but not a left field pick entirely like some others

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hanuma Vihari has done very well

in domestic first class but may not be a t20 player...but as a local talent earned his shot....debatable yes but not a left field pick entirely like some others

But others got very less chances unlike Hanuma who played 22+ matches @ Sr of 89!!!!....as i said these left filed choices gets few matches then disappears but what can be done about cases like Hanuma or even Shikhar Dhawan who get 12.5 Crore every year and opens innings with SR of 115??

I agree with Akshdeep case and mentioned in one of the match threads he is quota player but there are many player who earn 10 times more and equally poor.

Edited by bulbul

People like maniac are really clueless. They have no idea what they are talking about. How is Akshdeep a left field pick? He was India U19 vice captain of 2012 U19 WC winning team. People do not even try to google before naming someone. Ishan Kishan is an opener and doesn't fit in middle order, so, they played Akshdeep who is a middle order batsman for UP.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

People like maniac are really clueless. They have no idea what they are talking about. How is Akshdeep a left field pick? He was India U19 vice captain of 2012 U19 WC winning team. People do not even try to google before naming someone. Ishan Kishan is an opener and doesn't fit in middle order, so, they played Akshdeep who is a middle order batsman for UP.

Common RKT you are taking Mr Nimhans seriously...he just have selective bias.

But Akshdeep domestic record is pretty poor in every format but he is not alone as i gave example of Vihari who played for 22 matches at SR of 89 :winky:

22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

rkt saab simple fundaa hai yaar.... No one is complaining the likes of unmukt or vihari or sandeep or even baba and akshdeep who were part of that tourney getting a shot.

if it was 2013 and they got their big pay day it's ok....but in the last 4 years or so if they have done nothing to prove themselves they have no right to leapfrog over other u-19 or domestic talent.

just to set the record straight while I agree that vihari has overstayed his welcome by probably playing one game too many.... I don't think he didn't deserve his shot as being a local talent who had decent credentials.

same is the case with unmukt and others.

in 2016 4 years from that tourney if he is getting a shot without achieving nothing in between that is what I feel is weird.

i have no problem with likes of badrinath, tambe, Pankaj, trivedi , Mithun and vinay getting chances in the IPL no matter how much they have proven to be not international standard as they put in the hard yards.

but I rather have workhorses like that or the flavor of the months like unmukt in 2013 or Khaleel etc now getting chances than people who have proven to be not good enough even in domestics.

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

rkt saab simple fundaa hai yaar.... No one is complaining the likes of unmukt or vihari or sandeep or even baba and akshdeep who were part of that tourney getting a shot.

if it was 2013 and they got their big pay day it's ok....but in the last 4 years or so if they have done nothing to prove themselves they have no right to leapfrog over other u-19 or domestic talent.

just to set the record straight while I agree that vihari has overstayed his welcome by probably playing one game too many.... I don't think he didn't deserve his shot as being a local talent who had decent credentials.

same is the case with unmukt and others.

in 2016 4 years from that tourney if he is getting a shot without achieving nothing in between that is what I feel is weird.

i have no problem with likes of badrinath, tambe, Pankaj, trivedi , Mithun and vinay getting chances in the IPL no matter how much they have proven to be not international standard as they put in the hard yards.

but I rather have workhorses like that or the flavor of the months like unmukt in 2013 or Khaleel etc now getting chances than people who have proven to be not good enough even in domestics.

Akshdeep didnt get any chance before, so, he is getting now. I do not see any problem in it. Raina did pick quite a few UP players for his team. Players he has played with. How do you these guys who you are naming do not put the hard yards?

Edited by rkt.india

48 minutes ago, bulbul said:

Common RKT you are taking Mr Nimhans seriously...he just have selective bias.

But Akshdeep domestic record is pretty poor in every format but he is not alone as i gave example of Vihari who played for 22 matches at SR of 89 :winky:

Vihari isnt a bad player but he is not made for T20.

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Vihari isnt a bad player but he is not made for T20.

It's not abut player is bad or not,its about getting too much opportunity even when you failed repeatedly. If we go by OP logic there will be other player who may not good FC players but can play better in t20 who don't get chances.

Even Pujara earned lot of money doing nothing in IPL. 

7 minutes ago, bulbul said:

It's not abut player is bad or not,its about getting too much opportunity even when you failed repeatedly. If we go by OP logic there will be other player who may not good FC players but can play better in t20 who don't get chances.

Even Pujara earned lot of money doing nothing in IPL. 

Yuvraj also barely did anything in IPL.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yuvraj also barely did anything in IPL.

Where did i said otherwise? That's what i said people just selectively find some small targets and ignore big ones..In Yuvi's case atleast franchises are trying to cash in on brand right or wrong.

Shikhar Dhawan gets 12.5 crore a year..he is not even a big brand like Yuvi...

6 hours ago, bulbul said:

Every season this happens...

Another example - Hanuma Vihari with t20 SR of 100 played many matches as a quota player..but they will eventually thrown out.

This is just disgusting.....I usually try to be diplomatic but if I see such absurd comments, it hurts me....In which world hanuman vihari is average player...

If not for the politics, he should be ahead of a lot of players (leave alone for IPL but for indian team). He is one of the finest players around....He has the ability to play for indian Test team....

He is a genuine quality player who has been not taken care of.......and soon go into oblivion

1 minute ago, gakgupta said:

This is just disgusting.....I usually try to be diplomatic but if I see such absurd comments, it hurts me....In which world hanuman vihari is average player...

If not for the politics, he should be ahead of a lot of players (leave alone for IPL but for indian team). He is one of the finest players around....He has the ability to play for indian Test team....

He is a genuine quality player who has been not taken care of.......and soon go into oblivion

He is below average T20 player.

He is below average T20 player.

Pls mention few Indian domestic players who have a better SR than 100 and avg of 25 to 30.....

Players like vijay, karthik, rayudu etc are no longer considered domestic as they played for India at some point of time in one or other format

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Just now, gakgupta said:

Pls mention few Indian domestic players who have a better SR than 100 and avg of 25 to 30.....

Players like vijay, karthik, rayudu etc are no longer considered domestic as they played for India at some point of time in one or other format

Did i said any of them are deserves a place in T20? I just replied to OP because he is selectively picks random names.

But how could you defend a player with SR of 89 in IPL after 22 matches??

Did i said any of them are deserves a place in T20? I just replied to OP because he is selectively picks random names.

But how could you defend a player with SR of 89 in IPL after 22 matches??

Here is what I can say....

Dravid with all his class was severely criticized in initial part of his career for his slow run rate in ODI's

Even kallis was criticized for huge part of his career

Some players take some time to adjust to various formats....

Moreover he was just a kid out of small pond.....suddenly exposed to huge crowds ....

By saying this .....I m no way comparing cricketing legends with this kid

35 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Here is what I can say....

Dravid with all his class was severely criticized in initial part of his career for his slow run rate in ODI's

Even kallis was criticized for huge part of his career

Some players take some time to adjust to various formats....

Moreover he was just a kid out of small pond.....suddenly exposed to huge crowds ....

By saying this .....I m no way comparing cricketing legends with this kid

Hanuma Vihari also criticized now..so whats the big deal? we will appreciate him when he becomes Dravid + Kallis.