'India to host day-night Test against New Zealand'

India is set to host a day-night Test during New Zealand's visit later this year. Anurag Thakur, the BCCI secretary, said on Thursday that the BCCI would use the pink Kookaburra ball for the Test match.

"We have decided that we will play one day-night Test match with pink ball against New Zealand later this year," Thakur said. "Before that, Duleep Trophy will act as a dress rehearsal for the day-night Test match."

Read More

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

Kiwis say "there is a bit of water to go under the bridge from our side".  So still not final.

But it will be great to increase test cricket fan base. Who would say no to few pints of beer in a calm test match environment. :bandit:

CA paid them good amount..i guess its a 60:40 split between OZ & NZ [1 Million dollars]

1 hour ago, bulbul said:

CA paid them good amount..i guess its a 60:40 split between OZ & NZ [1 Million dollars]

I think no one wants India to develop into test cricket at the same time bashing indias approach to test cricket. Duleep trophy will be D/N affair too. i am sure this will attract more crowds as well. Sooner or later we will have foreign players playing in Indian domestic leagues

12 minutes ago, mishra said:

I think no one wants India to develop into test cricket at the same time bashing indias approach to test cricket. Duleep trophy will be D/N affair too. i am sure this will attract more crowds as well. Sooner or later we will have foreign players playing in Indian domestic leagues

What i meant is NZ and even OZ players agreed only after CA announced a bonus specifically for that match.

Edited by bulbul
28 minutes ago, bulbul said:

What i meant is NZ and even OZ players agreed only after CA announced a bonus specifically for that match.

Really! Players are asking for bonus to play day and night cricket?  I thought in Asia, D/N game is more of a favour to players.

BTW what will happen to dynamics of wicket. Pitch may not behave same way? In evening under dew our spinners may not be able to grip the ball. Also visiting batsman may find it easier to play in evening than daytime. We are sacrificing a chunk of our home advantage.

Kiwis say "there is a bit of water to go under the bridge from our side".  So still not final.

But it will be great to increase test cricket fan base. Who would say no to few pints of beer in a calm test match environment. :bandit:

If the BCCI stays what it is then expect NZC to fall in line.Or else India tour will be a very very short one.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Really! Players are asking for bonus to play day and night cricket?  I thought in Asia, D/N game is more of a favour to players.

BTW what will happen to dynamics of wicket. Pitch may not behave same way? In evening under dew our spinners may not be able to grip the ball. Also visiting batsman may find it easier to play in evening than daytime. We are sacrificing a chunk of our home advantage.

Players are reluctant because there is bit of negative feed back from OZ domestic teams who played earlier...they were concerned about unable to sight ball during evening when flood lights yet to switch on. Its valid concern though.

2 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Nice and i would love to watch but i have 2 concerns. 

1: Dew . 

2: Pink ball will get dirty a lot because of spinning pitches in india, so are we gonna get green pitches or flat pattas so that pitch does not break? 

Both are real concern. We dont want to loose home advantage specially against Aussies/Englis and Africans

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Both are real concern. We dont want to loose home advantage specially against Aussies/Englis and Africans

Yeah. Only PAK with younis/misbah/yasir are capable of competing with india in india. Other teams dont stand a chance. 

I am completely against day night tests, let this format be the way it is. T20 format is there for making money, the charm of tests should not be tampered with this.

Not about making money but sustaining tests you need such gimmicks...not all countries run loss making 5 day matches and compensate that by playing ODI or T20..

On 4/22/2016 at 1:08 PM, sscomp32 said:

Yeah. Only PAK with younis/misbah/yasir are capable of competing with india in india. Other teams dont stand a chance. 

We saw what Sodhi and Santner or Moenn Ali did to India. The test team is different from the LOI team with players like Vijay, Pujara and Rahane, but it wouldn't be an easy series. I don't think there would have been many spinning tracks against New Zealand or England anyway.  

Still India has a much better chance on spinning tracks than green pitches (which are needed for the pink ball to last). Gimmicks like these should be kept away from tests.

On 23/04/2016 at 6:02 PM, sourab10forever said:

Change ball every 60 overs? Is that rule change possible?

This is way too much overcompensating for our losses against Aussies and English. Why do you want us to start loosing at home too. We have allready paid the price for not playing to our strength i.e. spinning tracks and good spin batsmen.

We saw what Sodhi and Santner or Moenn Ali did to India. The test team is different from the LOI team with players like Vijay, Pujara and Rahane, but it wouldn't be an easy series. I don't think there would have been many spinning tracks against New Zealand or England anyway.  

Still India has a much better chance on spinning tracks than green pitches (which are needed for the pink ball to last). Gimmicks like these should be kept away from tests.

Sodhi and Satner are not test class players.Good ODI bowlers yes but not test bowlers.

Moeen Ali was successful because the batters after being tied down by the pacers went after him and lost wickets

Every team will get spinning tracks in India thats the concensus.