The Husband Wife cricket pairs to have played test cricket

Mitchell Starc and Alyssa Healy became the first Australian husband wife cricket pairs to have played test cricket this past Friday. The Australian fast bowler who is currently out of cricketing action due to the injury that left him out of T20 world cup 2016, decided to start the new partnership with the Australian Women’s team wicket keeper Alyssa Healy. Both Mitchell Starc and Alyssa have been a long tem friends sharing the same dressing room from under-10 level. The story behind one of the most significant husband wife cricket pairs is also an interesting one. Mitchell Starc and Alyssa Healy were team mates at under-10 levels. Alyssa Healy Alyssa to be a fast bowler, but a lack of talent and height forced her to take up the gloves, and now she’s Australia’s first pick behind the wicket.

Husband Wife cricket pairs 2

On the other hand the other half of this beautiful cricketing pair Mitchell Starc used to fight for the gloves during his under-10 level days and now he is Australia’s most deadly pace striker. Speaking to the media Alyssa Healy revealed that there are certain advantages of being a cricketing spouse.

“We grew up playing together. We actually used to share wicket keeping when we first started playing cricket,” she says. “But obviously, he grew and became 6ft 5in while I stayed small. He had to stop keeping and start fast bowling. I have jumped into the nets a few times for him when he has come back from injury but not when he is at his full pace. It’s a bit scary for me, even though I’m living my fast-bowling dream through him.” Is it cricket all the time at home then? “Nah, not at all,” she says. “There’s not too much cricket that is spoken at home. But we are in a lucky position where we both know what one another is going through, so if you have had a hard day, then you know exactly what has happened.”

Husband Wife cricket pairs 1

Speaking of the husband wife cricket pairs in world, the Australian couple is not the first ever International cricketing couple to have knot their ties together. In fact Mitchell-Alyssa duo is the third to have done the same. Before these two, Roger Prideaux and Ruth Westbrook have been lived together as the test playing husband wife cricket pairs, Roger Prideaux opened in three Tests for England in the late 1960s, , while Ruth Westbrook played 11 times for England Women. The third cricketing couple to have married together was Guy de Alwis, who kept wicket in 11 of Sri Lanka’s early matches, later married Rasanjali Chandima Silva, who played a Test herself in 1998.

http://purbat.com/husband-wife-cricket-pairs-played-test-cricket/