Those extra 15 runs

rkt.india

This is Dhoni's go to phrase whenever he loses defending. Those extra 15 runs which always elude Dhoni despite him being speaking about it on multiple occasions as an Indian captain and now as RPSG captain. Bowlers cannot defend so batsmen will have to take responsibility and score those extra 15 runs.

It is hilarious to see Dhoni repeating same thing again and again.

1 minute ago, philcric said:

9 years of non-stop captaincy has taken a toll. It's high time he gives up captaincy and enjoy his last few years as a keeper and a batsman.

Couldn't agree more. I had hoped he'd hang on and play some Test cricket after stepping down as captain. We need to see the free thinking free flowing Dhoni instead of the over complicated muddled thinking one we have now.

I dnt think he is entirely wrong, i'd say he shud he shud also blame his fielding side and also shud step up as batsman like atleast kohli is doing for his team. 

He does have a pretty horrible side, I.d say they need more than 15 runs . A captain cant do a lot when u have 

1. batsman like Rahane n smith who can build the base but cant take it to another level

2. Faf again in that mould a lil faster than both above but not even half as fast as gayle,warner to make an impact and not as consistent as virat kohli. 

3. Fielding side has saurabh tiwary, morkel, perera, ashwin, bhatia or even other domestic players who are that bad. to many bad fielder to hide. Only rahane smith n faf r gud fielder and 3 fielder with bowling line up is too less

4. Bowling well play anyone they all suck, Biggest disappointment have been ashwin

I have been very critical of his captaincy n i do blame their auction strategy but i get where is coming from. He has captained Csk and they always made these 15-20 runs count , how????Well they had a fielding unit which had faf, mccllum, bravo, jadeja, hussey, raina, mohit which actually saved a lot of runs n took some blinder now that adds 15-20 runs which currently gujrat lions is enjoying. Even Bravo jadeja Ashwin mohit use to control middle over helping those CRR rising . Csk did win a lot of close games due to this and now this is what Pune team is lacking. Again where gujrat lion is going gud middle overs- jadeja, bravo, tambe faulkner and Add excellent fielding 

How much of Diff does fielding make is simple to understand - Tiwary if had stopped that boundary kkr might have to go for another shot and might have lost wkt. Uthapa if had stoppped that umesh yadav ball the game wud have been over b4 umesh wud hve come out to bat 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

9 minutes ago, bulbul said:

^ Except for last few matches every other match over in 18/19th overs with less than 6 wickets down... so how 10 more runs make any difference?

Agreed but that means bowling is really bad

But even Csk has seen those kind off games

but its those close games that they use to win with thier bowling n fielding that kept them in hunt and always mad ethem reach semis and then its on the day kindd of game .

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Agreed but that means bowling is really bad

But even Csk has seen those kind off games

but its those close games that they use to win with thier bowling n fielding that kept them in hunt and always mad ethem reach semis and then its on the day kindd of game .

Comment on close game is only hindsight as we will never know what approach chasing side should have taken if target is 10 runs more.

25+ runs will make difference though...

2 minutes ago, bulbul said:

Comment on close game is only hindsight as we will never know what approach chasing side should have taken if target is 10 runs more.

25+ runs will make difference though...

The bowling N fielding pune has and even rcb they dnt need 25 extra they need around 40 extra 

Dhoni n kohli cnt say that in post , as saying we need 40 extra means we suck while defending coz we need cushion of 30-40 runs come screw us. No matter how string batting u wud have u wnt score extra 30-40 runs everyday its gonna happend once or twice only

I dnt think so any captain will say we needed that many extra runs declaring their teams case hopeless

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The bowling N fielding pune has and even rcb they dnt need 25 extra they need around 40 extra 

Dhoni n kohli cnt say that in post , as saying we need 40 extra means we suck while defending coz we need cushion of 30-40 runs come screw us. No matter how string batting u wud have u wnt score extra 30-40 runs everyday its gonna happend once or twice only

I dnt think so any captain will say we needed that many extra runs declaring their teams case hopeless

What they tell may be different but they should know the reality as they only selected team/or gave input what kind of team they wanted. As a leader you cannot just hope for best rather than try to play for strengths.

Now the only option is Gayle to click that will reduce pressure on kohli/AB and we can get big totals,at least in flat wickets. 

What prevented him to come up the batting order and get some more runs? Rahane had set the platform for him but he stayed back, to avoid the spinners. He only came out to face the last few overs of the Pacers...

One will be stupid to ignore the fact that the Pune pitch was a trademark Dhoni doctored sub-standard pitch. He can only win on those pitches but for his bad luck in losing tosses. The opposition team knows his tricks and pack their team with spinners which screws Dhoni's batsmen...

Ur has happened many times and the IND-NZ match is prime example...

4 minutes ago, asterix said:

What prevented him to come up the batting order and get some more runs? Rahane had set the platform for him but he stayed back, to avoid the spinners. He only came out to face the last few overs of the Pacers...

One will be stupid to ignore the fact that the Pune pitch was a trademark Dhoni doctored sub-standard pitch. He can only win on those pitch but his bad luck in losing toss. The opposition team knows his truck and pack their team with spinners which screws Dhoni batsmen...

Ur has happened many times and the IND-NZ match is prime example...

that almost every body is sick n tired of screaming that he shud come up to bat n make those extra runs what atleast kohli is doing both for franchise n team india

I dnt know why he underestimates his batting and has started to think like a no 7 player, just there to play 15 balls n make 30 runs

Post 2011, had he batted above India wnt have had that bad record . 

that almost every body is sick n tired of screaming that he shud come up to bat n make those extra runs what atleast kohli is doing both for franchise n team india

I dnt know why he underestimates his batting and has started to think like a no 7 player, just there to play 15 balls n make 30 runs

Post 2011, had he batted above India wnt have had that bad record . 

You are wrong in thinking that Dhoni thinks himself as a Number 7 batsman... He does comes up the order when it suits him...

6 minutes ago, asterix said:

You are wrong in thinking that Dhoni thinks himself at a Number 7 batsman... He does comes up the order when it suits him...

N it suits him when there are few runs left , y not what suits team rather than himself.

Y not persist with himself even if he fails few games , He has persisted with raina n he is leaps n bounces ahead of raina as batsman .