Is MS Dhoni the most selfish player ever to play cricket

Debutant

When wickets are falling and batting is tough, the most experienced batsman hides behind the tailenders and only comes to bat where he faces 10 or 15 deliveries but when the team is in a wining position will promote himself to hit the winning runs. Can't remember any other player who is such a coward :facepalm:   

23 minutes ago, Debutant said:

When wickets are falling and batting is tough, the most experienced batsman hides behind the tailenders and only comes to bat where he faces 10 or 15 deliveries but when the team is in a wining position will promote himself to hit the winning runs. Can't remember any other player who is such a coward :facepalm:   

The worst thing is, his blind fans will then worship him and call him best finisher

He actually doctors the pitches to win matches but now a days opponents know his tricks and beats him using his own tricks... On his own doctored pitches he avoids facing spinners doesn't matter if he's to hide behind tailenders... He only comes to bat to face pace bowlers so that he can smack few boundaries to hunt glory... In the process his sucker fans literally jizz their pants off... You can see from their posts that they are jizzing...

I was not a fan of Dhoni until a few years back, because until then I didn't know how ridiculously good he was as a batsman and how unselfish he was. 

Here are some statistics to think about

d3ebe5edbed84af1ac92bb44bac22a3d.png

He averages 82 at #3 and 60 and #4. Instead, he decided to drop down to #6 because at that time India needed a finisher in the middle order. If he was selfish, he could have easily continued playing at #3 and would be averaging 60. Of course this doesn't directly apply to the IPL, but if he sacrificed this much for his team, I don't think he would care about his IPL records. 

Despite this, we have Indian fans constantly trying to find nonexistent flaws in him. I heard today that his neighbours want to file a case against Dhoni because he uses too much water in his swimming pool. 

Edited by HippoSucks

I dnt think he is selfish

No captain can be selfish specially someone successful

Its always said about captains is they always may overuse or underuse themselves

In dhoni's case he has underused himself n we all admit that

N one of u actually mentioned long ropes giving to failure well it has happened with captains even sourav ganguly gave long rope to guys like Rohan gavaskar, Parthiv patel and others. All captains feel some player might deilver and they do give them extra time. 

Yes i have been very critical of his choices descion making and even his batting position but calling him selfish is way to much. I rem inzamam use to bat low n imran khan kept screaming bat up n same thing happened in case of misbah. Well there is school of thought that also feel let me handle the tough time which is in lower order and best position to bat in Odi is top 3 n even in t20. 

I do think Batting in lower order for 7-8 yrs has affected his mindset now i dnt feel he understands his batting potential and how gud he is thats y i have been saying he shud bat up now as much as possible. 

I do read this  lot a captain is selfish speciallyu in case of dhoni that he threw ppl like gambhir sehwag yuvi bhajji all out becoz he felt threat to his captaincy which is laughable. They all debut before him if they didnt became captain b4 him wnt after him and if that was the case trust me b4 them kohli wud have got a kick. 

Another incidence i remeber , when we won 2011wc a big section also said dhoni was selfish and took away yuvraj limelight by coming above which was another bizzare thing to say. Anybody with some cricket sense wud tell u yuvraj always struggled against muralitharan and there were 3 offies operating. Dhoni mostly had a upper hand against murali n even sri lankan team and a right hander to play those 3 offies. Now dhoni n gambhir had this gr8 thing about their partnership their running n converting 1in 2n 2into 3which actually took completely sri lanka out of game . Yuvraj singh didnt rely to heavily on running. Thats were send himself up n took responsibilty knowing had he failed what kind of backlash he wud have had n there wasnt just 30 runs left . 

Although i wish he wud have done that next 4yrs more but didnt knew y it didnt happen still not a selfish act

No captain can ever be selfish becoz he knws his jobs stays till the team wins. If u have ever played a cricket match be it in ur backyard or school college or any level remember when u captained a side all u wud have ever thought was how shud team win . N if u did that well he is one of the most succesfull captains.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

2 hours ago, HippoSucks said:

I was not a fan of Dhoni until a few years back, because until then I didn't know how ridiculously good he was as a batsman and how unselfish he was. 

Here are some statistics to think about

d3ebe5edbed84af1ac92bb44bac22a3d.png

He averages 82 at #3 and 60 and #4. Instead, he decided to drop down to #6 because at that time India needed a finisher in the middle order. If he was selfish, he could have easily continued playing at #3 and would be averaging 60. Of course this doesn't directly apply to the IPL, but if he sacrificed this much for his team, I don't think he would care about his IPL records. 

Despite this, we have Indian fans constantly trying to find nonexistent flaws in him. I heard today that his neighbours want to file a case against Dhoni because he uses too much water in his swimming pool. 

How many of those innings at 3 are outside India? It isnt a huge sample set.

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

How many of those innings at 3 are outside India? It isnt a huge sample set.

He has 7 innings at #3 with 421 runs and an average of 105 away from home. At positions #3 to #5, Dhoni averages 61 over 96 innings overall and 59 away over 44 innings 

Leaving statistics aside, from just watching him bat at those positions, you can imagine how destructive he would have been had he batted there permanently. 

Edited by HippoSucks

Dhoni is not only selfish and coward but also corrupt too. We all know how he tried fill the Indian team with his CSK chamchas like Jadeja and Mohit Sharma :facepalm: . It was not a surprise that he played Hahane, one of the worst T20 players to ever play, in the crucial T20 WC semis in place of a proven clutch player Dhawan. We all know what happened next. Rahane played an incredibly selfish innings in a flat track and India lost the match. But Dhoni got what he wanted when Rahane smashed the MI bowlers in the opening IPL match. The much needed match practice for Rahane in the T20 WC semis delivered the expected result. What a clever man indeed :hatsoff: 

3 hours ago, HippoSucks said:

He has 7 innings at #3 with 421 runs and an average of 105 away from home. At positions #3 to #5, Dhoni averages 61 over 96 innings overall and 59 away over 44 innings 

Leaving statistics aside, from just watching him bat at those positions, you can imagine how destructive he would have been had he batted there permanently. 

stats without context are worthless. now you are including position #5 in it too. You said he would have been better if he had batted more at 3. Those stats wont tell you that Dhoni has never batted at 3 for a sustained period. He would float and come to bat at 3 when openers gave us a good start. For a number 3, many times, one has to come in to bat when bowlers are on top with early wickets which he has not done because he rarely batted at 3 for a sustained period, normally batted up only after a good start to capitalize. In places, like England, SA, NZ, Australia, top 3 have been the toughest positions to bat. Even Hussey averaged 87 once in test cricket once, but he could not sustain as he played more. Same with Dhoni, high might or might not sustain that average if he was a permanent #3 for us.

That's a myth and thank God Dhoni knows his limitations. On flat tracks at no 3 he could score but when the ball moved he would be found out. Dhoni always promotes himself if tracks are spinning as he handles spin really well. I do not think he is selfish but he knows his limitations and some times underestimates himself. He kind of likes easy situations not willing to grind.

Dhoni is not only selfish and coward but also corrupt too. We all know how he tried fill the Indian team with his CSK chamchas like Jadeja and Mohit Sharma :facepalm: . It was not a surprise that he played Hahane, one of the worst T20 players to ever play, in the crucial T20 WC semis in place of a proven clutch player Dhawan. We all know what happened next. Rahane played an incredibly selfish innings in a flat track and India lost the match. But Dhoni got what he wanted when Rahane smashed the MI bowlers in the opening IPL match. The much needed match practice for Rahane in the T20 WC semis delivered the expected result. What a clever man indeed :hatsoff: 

Dhoni was never in favor of playing Rahane in t 20s. He had said this numerous times.