Loving zaheer's captaincy

gakgupta

We are creating an atmosphere such that every players are completely free to express themselves and play their brand of cricket....

That statement tells u so much.....@@dhoni .....r u listening this

And also sending pant at opening spot is just incredible.... It might be his idea or team management but zaheer might had some say on that....

More and more I see.....more and more I love his captaincy

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Good article about Zaheer's captaincy on CI : http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2016/content/story/1008065.html

Zaheer Khan is the only bowler captain in IPL 2016. This isn't the first such instance - Shane Warne, Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh and Daniel Vettori have led with varying degrees of success in the past - but it is significant on two counts.

Firstly, Zaheer's elevation, in tandem with a new coaching staff, has turbo-charged a franchise numbed by continuous failures in the past. Secondly, and more importantly, Zaheer's tactical smarts have finally been recognised with an official title. Not that he ever needed one, as for years he was India's de facto bowling captain: formulating plans, managing fields and counselling youngsters. MS Dhoni once said he was the Sachin Tendulkar of the bowling unit. :giggle: 

"He set a field to me - Mohammad Shami and one of the young guys were bowling yorkers - that was totally out of the box," Billings said. "There was no long-on, he kind of moved around to cow corner because he knew I was a slogger anyway.

"As a batter, you don't know he's going to bowl a yorker. He can bowl a bumper, he can bowl a slower ball. Knowing exactly where the bowler is going to bowl makes it a lot easier. Zaheer is turning the tables on that and giving the bowlers more options."

"Zak bhai has a different field placement in every match because we plan according to [opponents]," he said. "We are not just going to the ground and putting fielders here and there. We just plan and are executing that.

Edited by Mosher

Good article about Zaheer's captaincy on CI : http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2016/content/story/1008065.html

Zaheer Khan is the only bowler captain in IPL 2016. This isn't the first such instance - Shane Warne, Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh and Daniel Vettori have led with varying degrees of success in the past - but it is significant on two counts.

Firstly, Zaheer's elevation, in tandem with a new coaching staff, has turbo-charged a franchise numbed by continuous failures in the past. Secondly, and more importantly, Zaheer's tactical smarts have finally been recognised with an official title. Not that he ever needed one, as for years he was India's de facto bowling captain: formulating plans, managing fields and counselling youngsters. MS Dhoni once said he was the Sachin Tendulkar of the bowling unit. :giggle: 

"He set a field to me - Mohammad Shami and one of the young guys were bowling yorkers - that was totally out of the box," Billings said. "There was no long-on, he kind of moved around to cow corner because he knew I was a slogger anyway.

"As a batter, you don't know he's going to bowl a yorker. He can bowl a bumper, he can bowl a slower ball. Knowing exactly where the bowler is going to bowl makes it a lot easier. Zaheer is turning the tables on that and giving the bowlers more options."

"Zak bhai has a different field placement in every match because we plan according to [opponents]," he said. "We are not just going to the ground and putting fielders here and there. We just plan and are executing that.

This guy has brains.....

He should be immediately drafted into coaching staff of india

9 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

This guy has brains.....

He should be immediately drafted into coaching staff of india

Yeah Zaheer can be a great bowling coach for India and actually understands fast bowlers unlike Dhoni who is clueless captaining fast bowlers. Dhoni's field placements are stuff of legends :giggle: Things not working. Bring in the leg slip. Not getting wickets start bowling bouncer after bouncer because it worked that one time. :phehe: Good thing he retired from tests.

He has been awesome. Keeps getting better with age. In Dravid and Paddy Upton, he has got two wonderful mentors for his team. Would love to see DD reach knockouts, they perhaps do not have the firepower to go the distance but a place in top 4 would be a great achievement for a young side.