Most boring IPL ever?

sourab10forever

How many of you think that this IPL is the worst in the history? So many one-sided matches. Very few close finishes. The quality is also very down. The entertainment factor is very down. The quality of commentators is the worst ever. Matches are too dependent on toss..has to be the worst IPL for me.

Your thoughts...

Edited by sourab10forever

The entertainment factor is down. But the entertainment  attempts are way up. The gimmicks are just not working. Make it more about cricket. 

Players seem tired. I don't blame them, coming right after world T20. And they've been playing in 40+ degree temperatures pretty much forever it seems. 

Watching rockstars RCB bitting the dust and Dhoni humiliated and young talents like Pandya, Devils, Sran is defo boring cos its not same old same old. Absolutely hated confidence/happiness oozing off Yadav's face after he cleared boundry against Pune.

2 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

How many of you think that this IPL is the worst in the history? So many one-sided matches. Very few close finishes. The quality is also very down. The entertainment factor is very down. The quality of commentators is the worst ever. Matches are too dependent on toss..has to be the worst IPL for me.

Your thoughts...

Gayle jaise entertainer ko bahar bithaoge to entertainment kahan se hoga  :dontknow:

Without a doubt most boring ipl ever and many reasons For it

1. Quality of cricket that WCt20 had n post ipl there is a huge diff and its obv coz of level of intensity, domestic tournament and injuries.

2. Sports presentation by channel is been shyteee to say the least. Terrible commentry team, post match analysis or any other addition in comparison to sky sports and Channel 9. Infact star sports coverage of Wct20 was quite gud.

3. One of the Major reason i beilve is Lack of superstars. When Ipl Started it had many superstars Sachin, dravid, ganguly, dhoni, Sehwag, yuvraj , warne, Mcgrath, jayasuria, pollock, kallis, Kumble and Many many more. Now most of them have retired. It was a pleasure watching Someone name asnodkar smashing mcgrath. Now the only superstars left in their right is dhoni, kohli , Abdv n gayle rest yuvraj, bhajji are no superstars anymore. N once Dhoni, gambhir, ABDV, Gayle retires around 2-3 yrs Ipl will face more low unless a more than few Indian Players accquire that stardom which i dnt see it happening. Add to that dhoni, kohli , gayle, ABdv teams are also not doing well. 

4. Not many youngsters have gained attention this time as well other than previous season. Lack of Surprise element which makes a tournament exciting 

IF ipl has to do well in future there has to be done something intersting with format and add few intersting rules to pep things up like Mid season transfer ,Subsititue during match or Mid season knock out for bottom teams. Also something needs to be done to attarct crowd other than city based loyality. Sports Presentation has to improve leaps n bounces . Once dhoni gambhir n all retire its going to be real low for ipl. 

10 minutes ago, bulbul said:

Except for RCB all other teams play dull & boring matches....

Just when rcb is batting. All your batsmen are in top 10 run scorer list.

Most runs
Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
V Kohli 10 10 2 568 108* 71.00 402 141.29 2 4 0 50 17
(Royal Challengers Bangalore)
DA Warner 11 11 2 515 92 57.22 323 159.44 0 5 1 52 22
(Sunrisers Hyderabad)
AM Rahane 11 11 2 417 74 46.33 322 129.50 0 6 2 45 8
(Rising Pune Supergiants)
RG Sharma 11 11 3 413 85* 51.62 306 134.96 0 5 1 43 11
(Mumbai Indians)
AB de Villiers 10 10 0 409 83 40.90 261 156.70 0 4 0 36 17
G Gambhir 10 10 2 398 90* 49.75 325 122.46 0 4 0 43 5
(Kolkata Knight Riders)
S Dhawan 11 11 4 377 82* 53.85 330 114.24 0 3 0 36 4
(Sunrisers Hyderabad)
Q de Kock 9 9 1 341 108 42.62 230 148.26 1 2 0 43 10
(Delhi Daredevils)
KL Rahul 8 8 2 332 68* 55.33 232 143.10 0 4 0 29 15
RV Uthappa 10 10 0 327 72 32.70 241 135.68 0 3 1 36 7
(Kolkata Knight Riders)

Never hooked on. Nowadays there is overdose of T20 even at the international level. Recently we had several T20 series, matches. But i watch highlights where youngsters do well. My most favorite is Morris 82 . Fiz bowling. Raina's catch.

Nothing else stuck in my memory. 

Never hooked on. Nowadays there is overdose of T20 even at the international level. Recently we had several T20 series, matches. But i watch highlights where youngsters do well. My most favorite is Morris 82 . Fiz bowling. Raina's catch.

Nothing else stuck in my memory. 

Obviously,when our beloved team is not playing its too difficult to get hooked :((

Pretty good IPL.....SRH  defending low scores, brilliant bowling by SRH, Warner a man on redemption after his right rope walk due to the council's threats....amidst all the intensity RCB's comedy bowling......Rayudu's brilliant comeback to form, Rohit's class, elegance and overall his masterful chanakyaesque captaincy....suspense over Ishant's injury and like he always does the wait for his comeback with a bang.....amidst all the intensity RCB's comedy bowling....the ever shrinking size of Chinnasamy.....Frequent god(Sachin) sightings....The amazing initiative and turnaround by the Delhi Daredevils owner by backing young talent..Dhoni's fall from grace

greatest season ever since Game of Theones season 3 or breaking bad season 4 

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pretty good IPL.....SRH  defending low scores, brilliant bowling by SRH, Warner a man on redemption after his right rope walk due to the council's threats....amidst all the intensity RCB's comedy bowling......Rayudu's brilliant comeback to form, Rohit's class, elegance and overall his masterful chanakyaesque captaincy....suspense over Ishant's injury and like he always does the wait for his comeback with a bang.....amidst all the intensity RCB's comedy bowling....the ever shrinking size of Chinnasamy.....Frequent god(Sachin) sightings....The amazing initiative and turnaround by the Delhi Daredevils owner by backing young talent..Dhoni's fall from grace

greatest season ever since Game of Theones season 3 or breaking bad season 4 

Above reason are why this is the most shItiest season ever :giggle: