Top 10 Slowest Hundreds in IPL

CricketBuffOne

18 hours ago, express bowling said:

What a strange format !

A hundred in 67 balls is the slowest   !  :giggle:

35 years back there were batsmen who could barely score 10 runs in the first 67 balls they faced.  :giggle:

express bowling, very well phrased. Even 8 years ago when IPL started, 67 ball hundred was considered a very good effort. But now the benchmark is 30. In fact, there's a guy in West Indies who scored a 21/22 ball hundred in the domestics a few weeks ago. 

20 hours ago, express bowling said:

What a strange format !

A hundred in 67 balls is the slowest   !  :giggle:

35 years back there were batsmen who could barely score 10 runs in the first 67 balls they faced.  :giggle:

67 balls out of 120 balls is about the maximum you are going to get to face in an innings.

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

67 balls out of 120 balls is about the maximum you are going to get to face in an innings.

I know.  It was more of a tongue in cheek comment about the tremendous rate at which runs can be scored in T20s nowadays courtesy much improved bats, rules that castrate bowlers and flat pitches.   

67 balls maybe the maximum that you may get to face but scoring at an SR of 135  to  400+ is something that is happening in cricket in the last 8 years or so.  It is a huge change from what cricket was even a few years back.  I was just reflecting on that.

2 hours ago, CricketBuffOne said:

randomGuy, @sourab10forever you are nearly right.
Watson faced the max. balls (71) against India in the recent Ind-Aus T20 series in Aus.  He scored 124* in that game.

In domestic T20s, there's been more balls aa batsman has faced. I think it was a domestic T20 in Pak where one opener faced some 77 balls or so and the other opener and him chased down a total with 10 wickets in hand. I will see if I can find that match

16 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I am wondering how did this happen yar... Both batsmen are playing at same SR (so no one is give other the strike) and one gets to play 77balls and the other less than half!

Maybe because the target was less in the end,the other guy decided to give strike to his partner so that he can score a century...

And also depends on luck...maybe he got easy single of the last ball of most overs.

On May 21, 2016 at 11:18 AM, randomGuy said:

I am wondering how did this happen yar... Both batsmen are playing at same SR (so no one is give other the strike) and one gets to play 77balls and the other less than half!

If you follow the commentary, you will see that the guy who played more balls took lots of singles off the last ball of the over.  What's more - they only played 19 overs and the guy got a single off the last ball of the previous over. So had they played the full 20 overs, it is likely that he would have played 83 balls in a 20 over match. 

Edited by Texan

5 hours ago, Texan said:

If you follow the commentary, you will see that the guy who played more balls took lots of singles off the last ball of the over.  What's more - they only played 19 overs and the guy got a single off the last ball of the previous over. So had they played the full 20 overs, it is likely that he would have played 83 balls in a 20 over match. 

Admire the patience of the batsman at the other end. Any other batsman might have easily thrown away his wicket. Thanks for the details, Texan.

Edited by CricketBuffOne