Watch out for this guy --Ankit Rajpoot

gakgupta

Really loved his bowling yesterday. He can be a huge asset to Indian cricket team esp test matches. Yesterday, he showed glimpses of how good he is...

What impressed me more is his bounce and seam movement. He looked someone like srinath 2.0. Consistent seam movement esp into the batsmen with good bounce...

His action seams to be repeatable which means that if he finds the good length area, he can bowl all day in that spot

He looked under-cooked but it's upto BCCI to give him consistent chances....

Having known kohli, he could push for his selection.....

I am really excited about 2 A's (Ankit rajpoot and Ankiet Chowdhary)

Ankit Rajpoot has all the ingredients of a good fast bowler.  Bowls a good line and length,  can bowl at good pace of 135 k to 147 k,   is tall,  gets consistent bounce,  gets outswing and seams the ball in to the batsman.  Has a decent bouncer too. Apart from Ishant, all our fast bowlers are either medium height or short. He would add the much needed bounce to our attack as he is tall and gets bounce at will.  He is neither a brainless bowler nor a spraygun.

He averages 25 in FC and has a SR of 48.  Shows that he has wicket taking ability.

Akram said that he is very impressed with this lad....he last said this about Shami and was right.  McGrath, the head coach of MRF pace foundation, has said that he is good enough to play for India.

Rajpoot needs to be given chances to play A tours and Zim tours to develop himself further.

His ultimate success will depend on whether he is able to maintain his focus, hard work, pace  and fitness. He is just 22 now and has time to improve himself further.

Rajpoot, Nathu, Bumrah, Avesh and maybe Aniket are the new pacers with a lot of potential.

Edited by express bowling

Excellent prospect! Was surprised to see him bowl above 145+. Even 140+ with that sort of bounce can trouble any batsmen. We should definitely try him out in odis and later in tests based on progress. These kinds of budding bowlers should be kept away from t20s at any cost.

Edited by renjith

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Rajpoot, Nathu, Bumrah, Avesh and maybe Aniket are the new pacers with a lot of potential.

Add Chama Milind to that list. Left arm pacer who was moving the ball around at 135K's in U19 WC 3 years ago. He is a part of DD but has not got any chance to play till now :wall: 

Great article about how Suyal, Chama and Khaleel are getting to learn from Zak. One really good thing about IPL. 

239827.3.jpg

Pawan Suyal began playing cricket with balls made of sand in many socks stitched together. There was no TV in his village, up in the hills in the Pauri Garhwal district in Uttarakhand. Yet, he says he did not go to school on days there was cricket on TV.

"I didn't study in the village, I just played cricket," Suyal says. He used to listen to the cricket on radio, or go to markets in neighbouring towns to watch. He used to play matches with abakra [goat meat] as stakes. He stayed fit because he wanted to join the police force or army, but loved cricket. In 2008, at the age of 19, he moved to Delhi, like many young people from rural India do, looking for work. He lived with his sister and brother-in-law who supported him, did no work for two months, and trialled at one of the many academies in Delhi, under Madan Lal.

Suyal is 26 now, owns a house in Dwarka in Delhi, and his parents live with him.

Khaleel Ahmed grew up in Tonk, a small town in Rajasthan known for its muskmelons. His father hated cricket and tried to dissuade him from playing. "Back then cricket, for someone in Tonk, was just a threat to the children's studies," Ahmed says. There was one academy in town, and he would spend his days there. "From the moment I can remember anything in this world. I have loved cricket," he says. "Even when I was little, I used to bowl overarm. When I bowled against older people, it seemed slow to them, but I just wanted to bowl overarm and bowl fast."

The problem was that they played with a cricket ball very rarely in Tonk. One day, when Khaleel was practising with a synthetic ball at the Under-14 nets, the Under-19 district team had a camp at the academy too. They used to play with the cricket ball. The coach there called Khaleel over. "Hafte mein sirf ek hi baar nayi ball nikalti thi [There used to be only one new ball a week],"he says. "That too would be given only to good bowlers. Now he asked me to bowl with the new ball, and I did. I got players out, bounced them. Sir was very impressed."

Imtiyaz Ali Khan, his coach, played a big part in convincing Khaleel's father to let him continue playing. Khaleel, 18 now, has played an Under-19 World Cup.

Chama Milind, from Hyderabad, took a more traditional route. He used to go to his school's storeroom during the Physical Education hour, get the stumps out, pitch them up and play for whatever time was left. The school coach took note while he was playing with his classmates and inducted him into the school team. That is when he started to play "real cricket". John Manoj, who coached VVS Laxman in his formative years, took Milind to a more cricket-oriented school.

"It's a good feeling to be able to bowl fast," Milind says. "You bowl fast, you rattle the batsmen. They are not comfortable against the bouncer that almost takes their head off."

Milind, 21, is now a team-mate of Khaleel and Suyal at Delhi Daredevils. All three of them are left-arm quicks, but have much more in common: their idol. "People in my village used to call me Zaheer Khan when I bowled," Suyal says. Milind is impressed with Zaheer's pre-match routines, and the bag of tricks he has up his sleeve.

Like Zaheer, he predominantly takes the ball away from the right-hand batsmen, but wants to bowl the one that comes back in. Zaheer himself was not a predominant inswing bowler, but used to somehow bring two or three balls back in, which used to be enough to create the doubt in the batsmen's mind.

"For those two-three balls to come back, you need the control, you need to know what you are doing," Milind explains. "It is a different thing to get the ball back in, the position of the wrist changes. You need to be really perfect. That is what I am trying to pick from him right now. It is the wrist position and finish that I'm working on. Personally for me, I want to know how he keeps his wrist position. So I can do the same. That is the ultimate goal."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2016/content/story/997531.html

3 hours ago, Mosher said:

Add Chama Milind to that list. Left arm pacer who was moving the ball around at 135K's in U19 WC 3 years ago. He is a part of DD but has not got any chance to play till now :wall: 

Milind is really raw....lot of work needs to be done on him

2 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Milind is really raw....lot of work needs to be done on him

Milind has been playing for Hyderabad for 3 years now. He is still very much a work-in-progress in tests. But he has done well in ODI's and T20's. So no harm in giving him playing a few A tours. He is nearing 22 years now. Don't want promising bowlers run into the ground bowling on those flat pitches where they will not learn a lot.

Milind has been playing for Hyderabad for 3 years now. He is still very much a work-in-progress in tests. But he has done well in ODI's and T20's. So no harm in giving him playing a few A tours. He is nearing 22 years now. Don't want promising bowlers run into the ground bowling on those flat pitches where they will not learn a lot.

Agree.....but there are other bowlers ahead of him ....... unless he develops that delivery which comes in....he will be a mediacore bowler

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

It would have been nice if we get to see Chama for a few games.  Would have given us a chance too see where he stands now in terms of pace and skills.

His learning graph has been little down.....last time I have seen him, he is still the same....not much improvement.....he needs to develop the incoming delivery ....that's when his outgoing deliveries will become dangerous

34 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

His learning graph has been little down.....last time I have seen him, he is still the same....not much improvement.....he needs to develop the incoming delivery ....that's when his outgoing deliveries will become dangerous

As mentioned in the CI article Chama does bowl 2 or 3 incoming deliveries in an over which create doubt in the batsman's mind. But even he is not sure which deliveries which come into the batsman and those which will hold its line. He just needs some more time to work on the wrist position which will help him ball those incoming deliveries consistently and with control.

15 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Agree.....but there are other bowlers ahead of him ....... unless he develops that delivery which comes in....he will be a mediacore bowler

As mentioned in the CI article Chama does bowl 2 or 3 incoming deliveries in an over which create doubt in the batsman's mind. But even he is not sure which deliveries which come into the batsman and those which will hold its line. He just needs some more time to work on the wrist position which will help him ball those incoming deliveries consistently and with control.

Ohhh.....Is it?.....good to know that....I haven't read the entire article......

19 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Ohhh.....Is it?.....good to know that....I haven't read the entire article......

Yes he can bowl those incoming deliveries. Watch the video from 2013 U19 WC where he bowls a few incoming deliveries. We have to remember that even Srinath during his initial years could only bowl inswingers but lacked the ball which went away from the right handers. He started bowling that away going delivery only after playing for few years for India.