Team India For West indies Tour 2016

56 minutes ago, Viper said:

hmmm so Kohli putting his Best friend Maggi ahead of Young players and One thing i m happy about is One of 5g hack  was left out 

About time other hack will be thrown out as well 

Good man virat 

who is 5g hack ?

Manish Pandey. This guy won us the ODI in Aus when we were struggling. What the heck.

Surprised everyone wanted Nathu.....but he didn't even played a whole season ....he is not even regular for his ranjis team....

I bet most of u didn't even seen him.....he is good prospect but nowhere near finished product.

Lot of careers was wasted because they were pushed into bigger leagues quickly

He has to play at least one complete domestic seasons.....btw, I don't think shardul is Intl material

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

This should be the Playing XI. No Dhawan, Rohit and Jaddu. Aaron would have been a good option if one of the pacers gets injured/performs poorly. 

Vijay

Rahul

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Saha(WK)

Ashwin

Mishra/(or one of the pacers depending on the pitch)

Ishant

Umesh

Shami

Ill have binny in place of mishra , cnt have such week batting 

Rahane hasnt been that consistent every tour, both kohli n rahane dnt make daddy hundred 

Saha cnt be trusted , need that extra cushion with binny . 5th bowler generally doesnt bowl more than 10-12 overs a day and specially against a fragile Wi batting u might not need them they can collapse any time. Extra batsman wud b better

2 hours ago, Mosher said:

This should be the Playing XI. No Dhawan, Rohit and Jaddu. Aaron would have been a good option if one of the pacers gets injured/performs poorly. 

Vijay

Rahul

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Saha(WK)

Ashwin

Mishra/(or one of the pacers depending on the pitch)

Ishant

Umesh

Shami

WI tour is the only chance we can give rohit a last few chances. No doubt heis a good player but hasn't clicked in Tests. One last chance .

Rest Vijay/Rahane for two games and try Rohit. Thats My take. The rest team remains same for me too.

After a long time, our fast bowling was looking exciting with Ishant, Yadav and Aaron. And now Kohli drops Aaron and chooses BK. :facepalm: 

This isn't England/NZ and I don't think BK'a any good reversing the ball. We needed someone who's willing to bend his back and get the ball to reverse at 90 mph. Would have been ideal to let someone like Aaron get some experience and  grow into a better bowler by playing him against a team like WI. 
Also, I'm not confident with Shami as a test bowler. And whats's this obsession of playing bits and pieces players like Binny and Shardul. Shardul might have done well in domestics but unless he's someone like Marsh batting wise, I don't want to see him in tests. We already have got too many bits and pieces players. If they wanted to discard Aaron, at least try out someone like Rajpoot/Nathu. Kohli has talked a lot about fast bowlers but I'm not seeing him make any bold decisions that could help long term. Selection of Binny in itself is disgraceful. 

To be fair Pk did really well last wi tour....so bk is not the worst choice.

given up own Aaron he has turned out to be our tino best who btw 5 clicks quicker and just as erratic but can hurt you physically.

Will be Ishant Umesh and I will bet you right now binny will be our 3rd seamer.

Edited by maniac
10 minutes ago, MK55 said:

After a long time, our fast bowling was looking exciting with Ishant, Yadav and Aaron. And now Kohli drops Aaron and chooses BK. :facepalm: 

This isn't England/NZ and I don't think BK'a any good reversing the ball. We needed someone who's willing to bend his back and get the ball to reverse at 90 mph. Would have been ideal to let someone like Aaron get some experience and  grow into a better bowler by playing him against a team like WI. 
Also, I'm not confident with Shami as a test bowler. And whats's this obsession of playing bits and pieces players like Binny and Shardul. Shardul might have done well in domestics but unless he's someone like Marsh batting wise, I don't want to see him in tests. We already have got too many bits and pieces players. If they wanted to discard Aaron, at least try out someone like Rajpoot/Nathu. Kohli has talked a lot about fast bowlers but I'm not seeing him make any bold decisions that could help long term. Selection of Binny in itself is disgraceful. 

Well said. This chopping and changing will never help us develop fast bowlers. Disappointed with Virat and the selectors. Aaron is one of the few Indian bowlers who has a lethal bouncer and could have been handy in WI. When the selectors select someone they should give him ample opportunities to prove himself before taking a call on him. Someone like Rohit or Dhawan keep getting opportunities in spite of failing in so many innings why are fast bowlers not given the same backing? 

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

To be fair Pk did really well last wi tour....so bk is not the worst choice.

given up own Aaron he has turned out to be our tino best who btw 5 clicks quicker and just as erratic but can hurt you physically.

Will be Ishant Umesh and I will bet you right now binny will be our 3rd seamer.

Bro Aaron has played just 9 test matches over a period of 6 years. His career has been plagued by injuries. Only now for a couple of years he has been injury-free. You wont get a good readymade Indian fast bowler for test matches. Most of our fast bowlers took a long time to become good test match bowlers. Take the example of one of your favorite bowlers Ishant. He got numerous opportunities and only now he has started performing consistently.  Don't you think Aaron deserves atleast a consistent run for a couple of series before judging his bowling?

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Bro Aaron has played just 9 test matches over a period of 6 years. His career has been plagued by injuries. Only now for a couple of years he has been injury-free. You wont get a good readymade Indian fast bowler for test matches. Most of our fast bowlers took a long time to become good test match bowlers. Take the example of one of your favorite bowlers Ishant. He got numerous opportunities and only now he has started performing consistently.  Don't you think Aaron deserves atleast a consistent run for a couple of series before judging his bowling?

Ishant has kept himself fit throughout and between every miserable patch he has had, showed some sparks in between where he won matches.

I backed Aaron too as he was a rare breed of indian fast bowler...while I agree that he was mismanaged by dhoni and probably injuries that you cannot fault him for, has not shown a whole lot of skills or reinvented himself in the last 5 years.....also he hasn't grabbed the opportunity he has had with both hands where as umesh has a killer out swinger and has been good in tests albeit a bit inconsistent,  but with the same mismanagement and injuries has performed way better.

Aaron is also not getting any younger....I think it's time to move on....apart from a killer short ball, I have never seen him swing the ball or even reverse the ball.

i like phaast bowlers too but time to move on from this particular one. 

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

Aaron is also not getting any younger....I think it's time to move on....apart from a killer short ball, I have never seen him swing the ball or even reverse the ball.

He can swing the ball when the conditions are favorable like many fast bowlers. I hope you remember him cleaning up Moeen Ali with a gem that swung like a banana or Amla getting bowled with a ball that seamed after pitching. Watch the video below of that delivery. He can bowl gems like that but I agree he needs to do it consistently. The more international matches he will play the more he will learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lZIc8mBTe4

I want more bounce bowlers selected for India.   Shardul is a fast -medium bowler who gets outswing but he is another short bowler like Shami and Bhuvi.   Even Umesh is medium height and only Ishant Sharma in this team gets bounce in the absence of Aaron.   Too many similar kinds of pacers have been taken.

Rajpoot is tall, more bouncy, quicker, gets outswing too and has a better average ( 25 ) and SR ( 48 )  than Thakur ( 27) and ( 52 ) in FC  .  He has sufficient FC experience too and I think he has picked up around 25 wickets in 5 matches in the last Ranji season.  Would have been a better pick than Thakur IMHO.

Why is Bumrah not being considered at all for test matches ?  He has pace, decent bounce, gets swing and seam and is an accurate bowler. Has an average of 25 in FC.

Edited by express bowling