RIO 2016 - Official Thread

sourab10forever

On 5/25/2016 at 2:58 AM, maniac said:

Only hopes on badminton.

If Bindra can pull of another gold....I will put him

hands-down over Sachin or Dhyanchand as our greatest sportsman of all time ....deserves the Bharat Ratna. 

Highly impossible . He finished 16th in some recently concluded comp..

On 5/27/2016 at 0:27 PM, sourab10forever said:

Highly impossible . He finished 16th in some recently concluded comp..

looks like he feels doesn't need to prove anything anymore......No motivation like some other athletes who want to keep winning.

As I said only badminton stands a chance.....even there I expect Saina to choke before the gold medal game.

Maybe a wild card like Malleswari in 2000 or Y.Dutt in 2012

On 6/18/2016 at 6:49 AM, FischerTal said:

yogeshwar dutt could be gold winner. no hopes for narsingh or sandeep. same for woman wrestlers.

the female gymnast gives me hope

Indian Gymnast will have no shot against the Americans,Russians and Chinese.

Our best shot is badminton where we have top ranked players.

Hope Saina doesn't choke

This time, things don't look too good. Saina is iffy and the rest are unreliable. I will be impressed if we can equal the 2012 medal count. Anything over 6 medals will be heartening.

Only Badminton and Gymnastics, what about Archery and shooting? I think our big hope for some medals is in Shooting.

Any Boxers to look out for?

20 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

This time, things don't look too good. Saina is iffy and the rest are unreliable. I will be impressed if we can equal the 2012 medal count. Anything over 6 medals will be heartening.

Only Badminton and Gymnastics, what about Archery and shooting? I think our big hope for some medals is in Shooting.

Any Boxers to look out for?

yes archery is the one to look out for other than the usual shooting where we do good.

Rowing is another one but not for a medal but for a decent performence.

Not much idea about boxing.

10 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

yes archery is the one to look out for other than the usual shooting where we do good.

Rowing is another one but not for a medal but for a decent performence.

Not much idea about boxing.

Just read an article about Boxing contingent to Rio. Doesn't look good.

I hope the mindset is to win medals, not just to compete and give their best. The archers in 2012 were huge flops and hope they do better. I have no hope from the bitter tennis fighters. 

9 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Just read an article about Boxing contingent to Rio. Doesn't look good.

I hope the mindset is to win medals, not just to compete and give their best. The archers in 2012 were huge flops and hope they do better. I have no hope from the bitter tennis fighters. 

Is tennis on grass or synthetic?

Edited by sourab10forever

Just now, sourab10forever said:

Oh so no hope on sania...she will fail as usual.Even bhopanna pair will max reach quarters.

I have no hope from them anyway. They pair with foreigners and win titles, and don't care about medals. And then they have politics to play before each Olympic games to choose their partner as if they are going to win. Shameful examples these to youngsters wanting to play tennis.