Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone squad

U-16 West Zone Squad: OM Bhosale (Captain), Vasudev Patil, Suved Parker, Smit Patel, Sanpreet Bagga, Yashashvi Jaiswal, Divyansh Saxena, Neel Jadhav (Wk), Arjun Tendulkar, Yogesh Dongre, Atharva Ankolekar, Suraj Suryal, Siddharth Desai, Akash Pandey and Mukund Sardar.

Stand-Byes: Kiran More, Satyalakshaya Jain, Nihar Bhuyan, Vignesh Solanki, Vaibhav Patil.

What happened to that 1000 run guy, Pranav Dhanawade? Dont know about his recent form. 

Why all the hate for Arjun....not like the choice was him or Pranav....and there are others in the squad too so why single him out.

Also Arjun is a fast bowling allrounder, a much needed option these days. Hope he does well because he obviously has all the facilities,great advisors and the best available coaching

22 hours ago, maniac said:

Why all the hate for Arjun....not like the choice was him or Pranav....and there are others in the squad too so why single him out.

Also Arjun is a fast bowling allrounder, a much needed option these days. Hope he does well because he obviously has all the facilities,great advisors and the best available coaching

Lot of parents have complained against Arjun tendulkar in the past as well.  They were saying nepotism is there. It is tough to see your kid not getting picked even if he plays well. I heard Arjun tendulkar is poor at Fielding and not great at batting as well. He is a quota pick.

On 6/2/2016 at 6:48 PM, gattaca said:

Lot of parents have complained against Arjun tendulkar in the past as well.  They were saying nepotism is there. It is tough to see your kid not getting picked even if he plays well. I heard Arjun tendulkar is poor at Fielding and not great at batting as well. He is a quota pick.

Parents need to get over themselves. Quota selections happen in the Indian national team, but we should worry about quota selections in the West Zone Under 16 team?  I bet all these parents have made their kids benefit from quota system at various stages too. Getting into the preferred school, get selected as class representative/headboy  etc.  Sucks when it works against you.  Welcome to India. 

This is not the last time accusations will be made.......some right and some wrong.

When you are the son of some one considered by many as GOD ...many doors will open without asking just for being his son.

Other side of the coin is that he can be really good but there will be enough people calling it nepotism.

On June 4, 2016 at 5:48 AM, kosingh said:

Parents need to get over themselves. Quota selections happen in the Indian national team, but we should worry about quota selections in the West Zone Under 16 team?  I bet all these parents have made their kids benefit from quota system at various stages too. Getting into the preferred school, get selected as class representative/headboy  etc.  Sucks when it works against you.  Welcome to India. 

Ya lets generalize all in to one bucket. There are some good people who don't use any shortcuts . 

On June 4, 2016 at 6:40 AM, radhika said:

This is not the last time accusations will be made.......some right and some wrong.

When you are the son of some one considered by many as GOD ...many doors will open without asking just for being his son.

Other side of the coin is that he can be really good but there will be enough people calling it nepotism.

We have seen this many times in the past Rohan gavaskar, stuart binny.

Edited by gattaca
On 6/5/2016 at 9:46 AM, gattaca said:

We have seen this many times in the past Rohan gavaskar, stuart binny.

Despite Stuart Binny being mediocre and getting into the squad these days on recommendation, He has pretty decent First class numbers for Karnataka and is a very important player for them......He is leagues above Rohan Gavaskar for sure.

If not for his father Binny wouldn't have been an international star,but then again if his father wasn't there,we would be calling him a more than decent allrounder at FC level.....As I have said before from what I have seen,he is better than Rishi Dhawan and (ICF will kill me for this) but Hardik Pandya at the moment.

On 6/7/2016 at 8:36 PM, maniac said:

Despite Stuart Binny being mediocre and getting into the squad these days on recommendation, He has pretty decent First class numbers for Karnataka and is a very important player for them......He is leagues above Rohan Gavaskar for sure.

If not for his father Binny wouldn't have been an international star,but then again if his father wasn't there,we would be calling him a more than decent allrounder at FC level.....As I have said before from what I have seen,he is better than Rishi Dhawan and (ICF will kill me for this) but Hardik Pandya at the moment.

To be honest binny hasnt been that bad in Int cricket as well, he saved the test in eng , he has the best figures say watever, he scored well in cb series in one game n took 3 wkts as well n changed the game b4 MS didnt complete his quota. Did his job even in sri lanka . He hasnt got many chances. Problem with indian seaming all rounder like binny n rishi is Most home games r more suited to jadeja n axar type of all rounder rathr them. Also they are swing bowler who release the ball in air rather someone like morris, flintoff who ball at gud pace n hits the deck hard , which makes binny n co bowling after 20 over in Odi completely ineffective. Where jadeja is lucky in one regd is he gets lot of rank turners now if binny gets green or damn pitches he ll play among lots of wkts. 

True ppl are a lil more harsh on him coz he has a selector father