I have submitted my CV for head coach's post: Ravi Shastri

More MCD burgers comming your way.. 

NEW DELHI: Former Team India director Ravi Shastri on Monday applied for the chief coach's post of the Indian cricket team, staking strong claims of returning at the helm.

Shastri said that he has submitted his application for the post. The former India captain had worked with the team for 18 months as its director. His contract ended at the conclusion of ICC World T20.

"Yes, I have applied for the chief coach's post today morning. I have emailed all the requisite documents that were asked for in the advertisement," Shastri said.

Asked if he has prepared any presentation or roadmap, the veteran of 80 Test matches said: "Whatever is required by the BCCI , I have provided them. If you ask me whether I am confident or not, all I can say is that my job was to apply for the post and I have done that. I cannot comment on anything else."

Shastri had earlier said in an interview that he considered the "18 months with the Indian team as his most memorable experience" in his three-decade long association with the Indian cricket in various capacities.

During his tenure as team director, the notable achievements have been a 3-0 T20 whitewash of Australia, ODI series win in England, away Test series win against Sri Lanka after 22 years, Test series win against South Africa at home, apart from the semi-final finishes in the 50-over and T20 World Cups.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/top-stories/I-have-submitted-my-CV-for-head-coachs-post-Ravi-Shastri/articleshow/52623267.cms

From what I recall Shastri wasn't interested in long term coaching assignment so it is surprising that he applied. May those who do not want Patil to be the coach urged Shastri to apply :dontknow:

Anyways, ideally you would want someone who started playing in the 90s as the coach 

Dravid appears to be busy. Warne may not prefer long term commitment. Kumble, I don't know what he is currently doing. May be Srinath  (fast bowlers will be encouraged and get guidance) or Nassir Hussain can be roped in. Gilly is a good option too. I always liked his captaincy 

Edited by rett

The next coach will either make or break Indian cricket's next decade. We're going to potentially see several changes in the team in both LOI and Tests.

It has got to be Dravid. I mean come on... how does the management not realize this? This guy is probably the best option in the world - much less India.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I dont want an Indian coach. A coach who understands importance of fast bowling and creates a culture and environment that support fast bowlers and that help them improve quickly.

Seems like they are leaning towards an Indian coach. Starting with the requirement of Hindi in the initial job advertisement. That was changed to any Indian language. Which was then changed to "knowledge of any Indian language preferred but not required".

Also the comments from Dhoni that he'd like to see someone who understands Indian culture.  

And the tendency to directly fix the weaknesses of the previous coach (the biggest criticisms of  Fletcher as I recall was that several players could not understand him and an interpreter was needed). 

Moreover let's not forget that Indian patriotism or at least faking Indian patriotism seems to be at a 20 year high.

1 hour ago, New guy said:

I think by mistake your SMS came to ICF and posted itself in shame

true i dnt beilve ppl wnt have applied, its indian coach job specially the kind of money it involves i doubt just these guys have applied.

They may have been the one who have just spoken out in media

That was wat i write n its all up there....