Anil Kumble: Head coach [Update Post 141: Kumble will teach India to deal with 'tough moments']

35 minutes ago, tweaker said:

It has been noticed that Shastri backing of captaincy of Kohli in all formats has gone against him.The BCCI wants Dhoni as odi & T20 captain for a longer period 

Why would Sachin, Laxman, Ganguly go with what BCCI wants?

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

Knew it just knew it.....no way Ganguly,Laxman or Sachin were going to reject him....I am really interested what road map Kumble presenetd them with....hope it was not the road map of MG Road,Bengaluru

Shastri made his presentation via Skype as he was on vacation overseas while Kumble's was the most detailed - the former leg-spinner reportedly had a different blueprint for different formats.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/anil-kumble-india-new-coach-cricket-advisory-committee-ravi-shastri-bcci/1/698882.html

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Shastri made his presentation via Skype as he was on vacation overseas while Kumble's was the most detailed - the former leg-spinner reportedly had a different blueprint for different formats.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/anil-kumble-india-new-coach-cricket-advisory-committee-ravi-shastri-bcci/1/698882.html

Presentation via Skype :hysterical: only silver lining about Kumble's appointment is that the role did not go to Shastri 

14 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Kumble is very competitive person.He was in administrative role & now he has jumped in the coaching bandwagon.I think he has some ambition left  to win test overseas also.

He can be a great influence on Virat Kohli as he was also a aggressive cricketer,who showed his aggression with his game.

I give a Thums Up to this decision... Kumble....I remember seeing him bowl when his Jaw was broken.

Never say die attitude.

kumble is synonymous to Hard work, never say die attitude and succeeding as a spin bowler even when he never turned a ball.. a guy who could bowl at 110k and had ABNORMAL Control over his bowling.

I guess he will ensure Spinners really grow and have enormous control on their bowling and I believe he will get ZAK as pace bowling coach.

hope he brings Praveen amre as batting coach.

Good choice imo.

I feel BCCI had decided it's time for an Indian coach this time. Foreign coaches we had 2 good ones in Wright and Kirsten, and 2 duds in Chappell and Fletcher.

The way I see it, a coach (esp. for Indian team) must be a good man-manager, a good strategist, mentally very strong, have a great desire to make the team the best in the world in all formats, have international experience as a player, be in tune with the modern game, well respected by the players and the BCCI, assertive but not pig headed, fairly analytical, good old cricketing smarts at the same time being open-minded about modern sports hacks, must be good at communication, be a mentor and a role model. 

Among Indians, Kumble and Dravid seem to fit the bill. I'm so glad Shastri didn't get the job. He's all hot headed, brave talk and all, but I don't think he has it in him to be a good strategist and create a clear roadmap for the team. People like Bangar, Amre, Rajput etc. may have some good qualities as coaches but they are short on presence, international experience and respect, which are very important for an Indian coach.

I hope they make good selections for the support coaching staff for bowling, batting and fielding/fitness. I also feel they should appoint a full-time administrative manager.