The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

5 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Why persistent ? 

I know they are expanding big time , leased a big office recently here in Bangalore expecting new clients . 

It's in IoT (with IBM Watson) , smac n cloud migration (associated with Microsoft as azure experts) etc...plus honest management....has set itself target of becoming $1bn revenue co.

Plus small mcap 4k-5k cr.... enough scope to multiply...

Anything u buying for long term?

On 16/09/2016 at 6:42 AM, randomGuy said:

It's in IoT (with IBM Watson) , smac n cloud migration (associated with Microsoft as azure experts) etc...plus honest management....has set itself target of becoming $1bn revenue co.

Plus small mcap 4k-5k cr.... enough scope to multiply...

Anything u buying for long term?

I have been holding Havells , Yes Bank and Marico for 4 years or more. Any major dips I will add more , especially Marico . 

Recent investments : TVS motors and RBL Bank  .

Very small investment in RBL at the moment , bought it ~298 . Good asset quality , very low NPA's and the growth has been impressive in past few years . They are expanding fast , this may not necessarily be a good thing . Strong Management . I havent found many reasons not to buy this stock . it looks good for mid term as well imo . I think I will add some more between 295 -300 and more if it dips to ~270 . 

Shree Pushkar ( CMP 119 )  : Almost 70% revenues comes from Dye intermediates and rest from Fertilizers , cattle feeds etc . The company evolved from  Chemical Trading in early 90s to Manufacturing , so a relative late entrant . They are moving up the value chain , have added capacity . Claim to be a zero waste company . Impressive revenue growth in last 3-4 years , FY17 onwards the top line growth is expected to be higher . 

Risk : China clamping  down on some of the Dye intermediate/ Chemical companies due to environmental concerns was one of the reasons the focus is moved to India which is the second biggest source for these products . There is actually a shortage of supply  and thus he prices of these products spiked up 2-3 times in last one year . so you will notice a sudden revenue jump in most of the companies in this sector . There is no other alternative as its banned in all the developed countries . There is also a massive demand in the domestic market . I dont expect India to take similar actions , but keeping on eye on China .

The stock has been range bound in past 3-4 months . I started accumulating ~100 and my average price is 109 .  I dont see a big downside for this stock from current levels . May need to be patient with it .

On 16/09/2016 at 1:24 AM, jusarrived said:

I had few lots of REL @1060 and @1070  at a average price of 9.1 and 8 . Sold everything last Friday ~13.5 . Decent profits , but today its at more than double my investment :( 

Make that 4 times my investment . :( 

REL has looked strong since the Jio launch . 

On 16/09/2016 at 7:46 PM, velu said:

i sell options for living :aha:

Whats your strategy ? Do you go short on put as well ? 

I find it difficult to short unless I have a buy position , just in case to limit my losses . Occasionally have made money on both , but more often it just eats into my profits on buy . 

7 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Whats your strategy ? Do you go short on put as well ? 

I find it difficult to short unless I have a buy position , just in case to limit my losses . Occasionally have made money on both , but more often it just eats into my profits on buy . 

i short calls as well as puts .. but i will sort outside the money options only and also premium i get should be decent

stock options are volatile and premiums are high .. its better to short than buy ( like when u are bullish on bhel , sell put )

On 18/09/2016 at 10:14 PM, velu said:

i short calls as well as puts .. but i will sort outside the money options only and also premium i get should be decent

stock options are volatile and premiums are high .. its better to short than buy ( like when u are bullish on bhel , sell put )

isnt there a bigger risk attached to that approach ? your losses can be unlimited and profits are limited . 

When I buy put/call at the most I lose is the premium cost & one a good month I have had 10 times profits . I am not saying your approach is wrong , just trying to understand . I prefer volatility as well , though you need to spend more time monitoring . 

On 18/09/2016 at 10:14 PM, velu said:

isnt there a bigger risk attached to that approach ? your losses can be unlimited and profits are limited . 

When I buy put/call at the most I lose is the premium cost & one a good month I have had 10 times profits . I am not saying your approach is wrong , just trying to understand . I prefer volatility as well , though you need to spend more time monitoring . 

in theory, risk is more..

But if we have more than 10L to play with , writing is safer than futures too

I don't write at the money options and usually i hold it for max 2 or 3 days ( if i do based on events like results )..

If we write properly when volatility is expected to drop , we make money even if we predict the direction of the mkt wrong ..

Like after results , bhel moved from 135 to 160.. Next day bhel corrected a bit and closed arnd 155 .. Cost of 140 put was less than theb previous day..

56 minutes ago, velu said:

in theory, risk is more..

But if we have more than 10L to play with , writing is safer than futures too

I don't write at the money options and usually i hold it for max 2 or 3 days ( if i do based on events like results )..

If we write properly when volatility is expected to drop , we make money even if we predict the direction of the mkt wrong ..

Like after results , bhel moved from 135 to 160.. Next day bhel corrected a bit and closed arnd 155 .. Cost of 140 put was less than theb previous day..

Thanks. how do you select which option to write? so assuming bhel gave good result n move from 135 to 160. So, now just for the next day (for a single day only) , you expect the price to correct (from 160 to 155). So shouldn't u be writing out of money call ( like 170 call) for that one day? But I guess you chose to writing the 140 put looking at the result assuming the trend is up and ignored downward movement for that 1 day and focused on volatility reduction?

Is writing out of money option a semi-decent strategy to earn small sums of money close to expiry? For ex. in following nifty option chain for sept., Writing 8500 put as much close to expiry ( 1 or 2 days) as possible and earn whatever little (10-12 rupee) premium is there till premium goes to zero at  expiry -

https://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/option_chain/optionKeys.jsp

Edited by randomGuy

Thanks. how do you select which option to write? so assuming bhel gave good result n move from 135 to 160. So, now just for the next day (for a single day only) , you expect the price to correct (from 160 to 155). So shouldn't u be writing out of money call ( like 170 call) for that one day? But I guess you chose to writing the 140 put looking at the result assuming the trend is up and ignored downward movement for that 1 day and focused on volatility reduction?

Is writing out of money option a semi-decent strategy to earn small sums of money close to expiry? For ex. in following nifty option chain for sept., Writing 8500 put as much close to expiry ( 1 or 2 days) as possible and earn whatever little (10-12 rupee) premium is there till premium goes to zero at  expiry -

https://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/option_chain/optionKeys.jsp

I will write a put only if i expect the price to go up..

I expected bhel to go up but i also wants some safety..

Writing 140 put gives some margin of safety when the stock corrects from the current trend..

Advantage in writing immediately after any event is that we can still make money of the high vix..

Anyway we can't make money every time

6 minutes ago, velu said:

I will write a call only if i expect the price to go up..

I expected bhel to go up but i also wants some safety..

Writing 140 put gives some margin of safety when the stock corrects from the current trend..

bro I thought one writes a call if he is bearish.

4 minutes ago, velu said:

Sorry..

Will write put only when i m bullish

bro pls answer this as well -

16 minutes ago, velu said:

Sorry..

Will write put only when i m bullish

pls answer this as well -

"Is writing out of money option a semi-decent strategy to earn small sums of money close to expiry? For ex. in following nifty option chain for sept., Writing 8500 put as much close to expiry ( 1 or 2 days) as possible and earn whatever little (10-12 rupee) premium is there till premium goes to zero at  expiry -

https://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/option_chain/optionKeys.jsp "