KL Rahul

PBN

I saw him bat, damn impressed by his batting.

• His basics are right
  • Plays close to the body
  • Plays with soft hands
  • Gets behind the line of the ball
  • Now has a power game as well

If he plays all the test i wont be shocked if he is one the top most scorer in the series n if doesn't play it would be a shame. I dont see how can both Dhawan n Rohit get a chance before him

55 minutes ago, kruiser said:

Bbbut... we need a left-right combination at the top. So does not matter how bad SD does or how good KL plays.. we know the batting order. 

PS - with Kohli i still have hopes that he will not try to "build confidence of a player" but aim for win..

Left-right combination is over-emphasized and cliched.

I'd pick a better player over some perceived goodness from having a left-right combo.

2 hours ago, kruiser said:

Bbbut... we need a left-right combination at the top. So does not matter how bad SD does or how good KL plays.. we know the batting order. 

How long does that combination last, especially in overseas test matches  ?   Very soon it is Vijay and Kohli, 2 right-handers , batting.

Some of the best opening pairs in test matches have been either both right-handed  or both left-handed.   Like Greenidge-Haynes, Hayden-Langer, Cook-Strauss, Boon-Marsh etc.

I don't generally follow test cricket on tv or watch IPL so haven't seen much of him but this Lokesh Rahul guy seems badass - beard, tattoo sleeve and a great proper batsman in the Kohli mould. In fact it's kind of become like a uniform.

Man I love the swag these new Indian guys have.