KL Rahul

PBN

37 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

He has problems with seam bowling, not good sign for opener

Yeah, possible. He did struggle against SL which did offer some movement. In flat pancakes in Aus, he did fine. 

LOL, some people compared him to Rahul Dravid after his maiden ton in Aus. 

53 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Yeah, possible. He did struggle against SL which did offer some movement. In flat pancakes in Aus, he did fine. 

nowadays, you can't judge batsmen based on results in Aus. those flat pancakes put UAE pattas to shame

It takes only one series to make ur judgement.....what a shame

Even Rahul Dravid took many years to mature as a batsman. Pull out his statistics outside ASIA before 1998....I m sure u will be surprised...

I m telling you.....this kid is special....

Look at the journey he has made from last 4 years.....it's huge.....

I m sure, he will go on to make indias best test opener after sunny Bhai and viru Bhai

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

It takes only one series to make ur judgement.....what a shame

Even Rahul Dravid took many years to mature as a batsman. Pull out his statistics outside ASIA before 1998....I m sure u will be surprised...

I m telling you.....this kid is special....

Look at the journey he has made from last 4 years.....it's huge.....

I m sure, he will go on to make indias best test opener after sunny Bhai and viru Bhai

I am not saying he is not special. All I am pointing to is that he has to score runs outside the SC barring WI. Real test is in England and SA, now that Aus serves pancakes in the form of pitches to bat.

I hope he first does well in this tour of WI to begin with. I want Dhawan to be dropped soon and this guy can make that happen if he plays well.

I am not saying he is not special. All I am pointing to is that he has to score runs outside the SC barring WI. Real test is in England and SA, now that Aus serves pancakes in the form of pitches to bat.

I hope he first does well in this tour of WI to begin with. I want Dhawan to be dropped soon and this guy can make that happen if he plays well.

For that, he has to get consistent run ..... also looking at the history, it's not that easy to score runs in WI

Just now, gakgupta said:

For that, he has to get consistent run ..... also looking at the history, it's not that easy to score runs in WI

That's why I stressed on him getting runs here. 4 test series as well, so should be a good test.

9 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

We have been producing good batsman but what we need is good bowlers....still looking for half decent pace bowler

To be honest, this batting lineup doesn't give me confidence. Except Kohli (who himself has not done anything big yet in Tests according to his standards), the rest are settling in to the team or are unsure about their place in the team.

Bowling is the weak link, no doubt.

To be honest, this batting lineup doesn't give me confidence. Except Kohli (who himself has not done anything big yet in Tests according to his standards), the rest are settling in to the team or are unsure about their place in the team.

Bowling is the weak link, no doubt.

Yeah...may be....

but if I have rate the batting line-ups across the world in test matches, we would probably stand first, NZ coming very close....

Australia is a beast in non-subcontient conditions but fails pathetic in Asian conditions....lost 4-0 to India and 4-0 to Pak

England is very good but retirement of few players and loss of form of cook making this tem look vulnerable

SA is in decline and relies heavily on AMLA....assuming that ABDV is at the brink of retirement...

9 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Yeah...may be....

but if I have rate the batting line-ups across the world in test matches, we would probably stand first, NZ coming very close....

Australia is a beast in non-subcontient conditions but fails pathetic in Asian conditions....lost 4-0 to India and 4-0 to Pak

England is very good but retirement of few players and loss of form of cook making this tem look vulnerable

SA is in decline and relies heavily on AMLA....assuming that ABDV is at the brink of retirement...

Ours is definitely the one to watch for the future. Not many old players out there, so future if they build well, looks bright.

7 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Rahul should be the 1st choice opener on current form,but Kohli will most probably back Dhawan.Kohli will make Pujara the sacrificial lamb 

Not a bad idea. Otherwise, the bat and pad gap will come into play.:fear1:

15 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

I m also hopeful of a very good wicket keeper batsman coming thru the ranks....

Pant and ishan kishan

Pant is the one more hopeful of. Ishan Kishan is the Kohli wannabe right?

15 hours ago, deathmonger said:

I don't generally follow test cricket on tv or watch IPL so haven't seen much of him but this Lokesh Rahul guy seems badass - beard, tattoo sleeve and a great proper batsman in the Kohli mould. In fact it's kind of become like a uniform.

Man I love the swag these new Indian guys have.

OPEN.jpg

this is him before... was a biggest shock of this IPL both in terms of looks and batting style change.

Edited by sourab10forever