Behave yourselves Team India: BCCI issues warning for beer pic of players

Nova

20 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Uff this Parenting culture in India Has no end. IF they have so much of an issue y do they have after match IPL Parties

20 hours ago, velu said:

next circular , eat food on time .. :facepalm: 

19 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

866296af14399570c27326e3dbd7440f.jpg

11 hours ago, Lannister said:

lol, first tell those officials to cleanse themselves. 

12 hours ago, Mosher said:

:facepalm::facepalm:

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Why is a team full of adults being treated as children ? 

40 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Beer leads to what? What is BCCI implying?

32 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It is legally ok to drink beer in India if you are an adult. What is this nonsense !

Comprehension FAIL. BCCI objection is for posting beer pic on social media. There's no ban on drinking beer.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Comprehension success. If you can drink beer and if it is legal and there is nothing wrong then why can't you post a picture !

FAIL again. Read last paragraph of opening post.

21 hours ago, radhika said:

KL Rahul seems like a guy going bad in a hurry.....:p:

actually you might be slightly wrong here..

normally city kids grow up watching senior players enjoy this kind of lifestyle.. so even if they enjoy a bit they come back to normal and start practicing.. its the village idiots like munaf patel, praveen kumar, umesh yadav that one needs to be more worried about.. once they get exposed to this kind of lifestyle, they go crazy...

so its alright... rahul ... bangalore kid.. these things are very normal for him... i bet he started having fun right from 1st class level itself.. he isnt exactly like mohammed amir who is discovering "fun" for the first time.

28 minutes ago, Nova said:

FAIL again. Read last paragraph of opening post.

Not really. That is just the BCCI's viewpoint. Moral policing is done stating these reasons most of the time. Actually, these are tools for exercizing control over individuals.  Kids see their dads and adult brothers drinking beer all the time.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Nova said:

Comprehension FAIL. BCCI objection is for posting beer pic on social media. There's no ban on drinking beer.

?? I didn't say that. I said  what will have happen to your behavior  if you drink beer as BCCI is implying something else.  You gotta be kidding. There were beer photos even in 1983 after WC win. 

24 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

?? I didn't say that. I said  what will have happen to your behavior  if you drink beer as BCCI is implying something else.  You gotta be kidding. There were beer photos even in 1983 after WC win. 

BCCI thinks that kids follow their favorite cricketers on social media and some may be influenced to consume liquor due to the beer pic. Tendulkar, on moral grounds, rejected 20 crore per year endorsement deal to promote cigarettes and alcohol. Why would he do that?

37 minutes ago, Nova said:

BCCI thinks that kids follow their favorite cricketers on social media and some may be influenced to consume liquor due to the beer pic. Tendulkar, on moral grounds, rejected 200 crore endorsement deal to promote cigarettes and alcohol. Why would he do that?

As long as something is legal, every person should be allowed to choose his or her course of action regarding that product. If Tendulkar. or any other person, wants to dissociate themselves from a product then we should respect his or her view.  If some other person wants to be connected to a product then we should respect that point of view too. If a product is clearly harmful then its use should be made illegal.

By the way, making official ads of alcoholic products are not allowed in India but posting pictures of individuals drinking them is allowed.  ( We see ads of Carlsberg club glasses for this reason :giggle:  )

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

As long as something is legal, every person should be allowed to choose his or her course of action regarding that product. If Tendulkar. or any other person, wants to dissociate themselves from a product then we should respect his or her view.  If some other person wants to be connected to a product then we should respect that point of view too. If a product is clearly harmful then its use should be made illegal.

By the way, making official ads of alcoholic products are not allowed in India but posting pictures of individuals drinking them is allowed.  ( We see ads of Carlsberg club glasses for this reason :giggle:  )

So let us say a cricketer is legally prescribed a pain killer which is kind of narcotic.... He can post it on social media and say something like... This stuff is awesome???

18 hours ago, Nova said:

BCCI thinks that kids follow their favorite cricketers on social media and some may be influenced to consume liquor due to the beer pic. Tendulkar, on moral grounds, rejected 20 crore per year endorsement deal to promote cigarettes and alcohol. Why would he do that?

I don't think their thinking is that deep. I am not gonna buy that they are thinking about "our kids" lol  Internet is flooded with all kind of stuffs. They need cricketers to learn from?  

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think their thinking is that deep. I am not gonna buy that they are thinking about "our kids" lol  Internet is flooded with all kind of stuffs. They need cricketers to learn from?  

Well I'm going by what the BCCI spokesman said. Otherwise I agree.