India Batting Depth: Ashwin batting at no.6/Poor Team selection?

2 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

rahul is not a good WK, otherwise he would be perfect in that spot.

Saha is nothing exceptional.I believe we are playing one bowler too many.Rahul in place of Shami.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I dont think its poor selection.  If we end up conceding a big first innings lead then we can talk about it.  

Ok wait for it.

19 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Yadav better take some wickets this game.  Bhuvi is missing out because of him.  I think it should have been the other way around.  Only reason I can think of is that Kohli wants to invest in Yadav as a long-term project and wants to give him maximum opportunities.

Bhuvi has nothing to offer on this track and thats why he has been rightly left out.

23 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Yadav better take some wickets this game.  Bhuvi is missing out because of him.  I think it should have been the other way around.  Only reason I can think of is that Kohli wants to invest in Yadav as a long-term project and wants to give him maximum opportunities.

In ODI/T20's BK is a better bowler but in test matches Yadav > BK. Bhuvi wont be as effective on these slow pitches and he is not very good with the old ball whereas Umesh is a lot quicker than BK and is very good when the ball reversing. Umesh is a wicket taker too. If we are playing in Eng/NZ where the ball will move around a lot, pick BK ahead of Umesh but everywhere else it should be Umesh ahead of BK.

Edited by Mosher
2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

In ODI/T20's BK is a better bowler but in test matches Yadav > BK. Bhuvi wont be as effective on these slow pitches and he is not very good with the old ball whereas Umesh is a lot quicker than BK and is very good when the ball reversing. Umesh is a wicket taker too. If we are playing in Eng/NZ where the ball will move around a lot, pick BK ahead of Umesh but everywhere else it should be Umesh ahead of BK.

Well, lets hope you are right and Yadav takes wickets.  

No doubt Ash played a great hand yesterday. But I personally think India should play another batsman (Rahul not Sharma) overseas. Saha is not really a reliable batter and neither is Ash. So we do into matches with only 5 proper frontline batters.