How Ordinary is Jason Holder

This guy is really poor....sad state of Westindies cricket.....guys like Gabriel or Tino Best were ordinary too but they had raw pace....Likes of Kemar Roach and James Taylor could get the best in the world out with good spells on their good days even though they might not be superstars.

How is this guy a captain is beyond me.

Well Sammy was a mediocre cricketer too but atleast a lot of us understand why he became captain....An inspiring and good individual with fantastic leadership skills.

What is the upside of Jason Holder? 

Someone like Gabriel would have immensely benefited if he has 1 or 2 strike bowlers in their team.

Might be a little extreme but watch M.J bowl along side Harris and Siddle and watch M.J bowl with a young rookie as a spearhead.

Similarly Morkel without Steyn or Philander yields average results.

I think he will be wasted unless you have at least a consistent test bowler like Rampaul or Roach in the side.

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

Holder and Braithwaite are Wondies version of Binny.  And this Roston Chase is a very poor man's Suresh Raina at best.  And Windies are playing all 3.  Reality is that there is no test class bowler in this windies team.  

Roston Chase is a batsman who can bowl, not a bowler.

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Badree was injured bro he was supposed to play for RCB

He should take tips from sachin on  how to bat i guess ? :hehe:

Still, so many good players from that team who I know played Test Cricket at some stage. Lendl Simmons is another player. This is terrible state of their cricket.

At U19 level he looked decent prospect, but seems to have not made progress n rather have regressed, same as Unadkunt n Raina, whereas guys like Virat, Unmukt, and a few others have gone on to further greater heights, no pace or much skills n cannot figure out how he is a capt or justifies a place in the test team

I used to think he was pretty avg bowler but as all rounder and captain he is great. I heard from someone in 2016 that he is great thinker of the game and that's why he is made captain of that side. He has brought some change in west indies side for sure atleast in pace bowling i can see it.