Virat Kohli vs Joe Root

In Test maybe Root

He is nowhere near in LOI

ROOT has more 100s at home.. Not tested  yet outside.

Nobody will dare Root to compare with Kohli in LOIs..Root has played some brilliant innings at home at different position.He was asked to open in Ashes 2013 and slammed double hundred..He has scored ssome hundreds after England was reduced to 50/3 with their fragile batting line up..Speaks the volume for his adaptabilty..

As things stand right now, Root in Tests and Kohli in LOI's.

Kohli has underperformed in the Test format and hasn't done justice to his ability. He seems to have started to turn things around in Tests and i hope that 5 years down the line the answer for who's the better test batsman won't be as easy as it is right now.

Pretty close ... Both are fantastic batsmen

But based on what they've done so far in their careers,

Tests - Root (Kohli struggled in tests initially, he's got going only in the last couple of years)

ODIs - Kohli

T20s - Kohli (Mainly because of his outstanding last season. If not for that, it'd have been a tie or may be Root)

13669575_1759768137635796_47422841777142

As of now Root is ahead in many ways than kohli in test, but that can change very quickly. I hope kohli doesnt ask for such rank turners at home or else i dnt see it happening ever. However i always beileve its not about how well u start but its how much u do at ur peak n how long is ur peak n also how u end. Williamson n smith are to in race

As far as odi n t20 is concerned Kohli is way ahead, infact kohli is the best batsman in t20

http://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/mohammad-yousuf-picks-joe-root-over-virat-kohli-best-batsman-world

“He is the best batsman in all three formats of the game. His balance, his shot selection, and his timing all work well together and his double hundred against Pakistan at Old Trafford was a gem of an innings. Root has been around for just a few years but already his batting averages in all three formats speaks for his class.”

I dnt agree with yosouf that Root is the best batsman in all formats, no way. 

Here is one more intersting stats when we talk about overseas and compare two of them, this might add more to discussion. 

In australia

Root- 27.43

Kohli- 62

In NZ

Root- 17.60

Kohli- 71.33

In Sa

Root-55.14

Kohli- 68

So Kohli is far superior on Bouncy pitches as of now.........

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Here is one more intersting stats when we talk about overseas and compare two of them, this might add more to discussion. 

In australia

Root- 27.43

Kohli- 62

In NZ

Root- 17.60

Kohli- 71.33

In Sa

Root-55.14

Kohli- 68

this settles the deal for now .. 

In australia

Root- 27.43

Kohli- 62

In NZ

Root- 17.60

Kohli- 71.33

In Sa

Root-55.14

Kohli- 68

Didn't know this...Root has to be the biggest home track bully!!!Yeah but averaging 55+ is only one can dream of!!