Virat Kohli vs Joe Root

Kohli is miles ahead of Root in LOIs and I think even the English commies in the video agreed (I know how biased they are. :argh:)

In tests, Root is ahead because he has had huge success at home, whereas Kohli even at home has not had anything remarkable yet. But, it is still very tight.

TBH, Test match is not individual game. Unlike limited overs where couple of players can work as match winner, tests matches are complete team effort where performance of team impacts individual performance.  I will not read too much into Kohli's performance as whole Indian team collectively performed very badly. the average got greatly skewed because of that.

I am yet to see a test series where Root individually lifted morale and performance of his team. If you suffer from poor memory all you need to do analyze impact of day 1 batting from Kohli which  brought stability and confidence back to Indian batsmen against Windies.

For past few years Kohli has allready been doing so against big guns like Australia, South Africa and so on. Reserving my judgement till next series against India.

At 25, Root is now right age of his career to do so i.e. opponents will make plan A, plan B and plan C to get him out. I still have a feeling that it will be Cook and not Root who will be a pain in that series

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Here is one more intersting stats when we talk about overseas and compare two of them, this might add more to discussion. 

In australia

Root- 27.43

Kohli- 62

In NZ

Root- 17.60

Kohli- 71.33

In Sa

Root-55.14

Kohli- 68

So Kohli is far superior on Bouncy pitches as of now.........

Agree! Numbers dont lie

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Love Wasim Akram! Every SC player should side with their own.

I think akram is coming from a point of view of a bowler, i think warne would even answer same as they would consider whom would they find more difficult to bowl to . 

I just wanna add smart this piece of discussion was by pommies, they didnt show the no of 100 home n away n when they did point about joe root bad series down under they said very subtly. One of them said every time kohli has come to england he has been a sitting duck, well he has played test one time only what do you mean by every time and he has a 100 in eng in odi so its not that he cant play in England. Also they didnt really show the stats of Root in SA, Nz, Aus thats not a very proper discussion. Had it been kohli or any other batsman with such good record at home they would have been quick to label him home track bully.