Countdown to 300 wickets for Ashwin

R Ashwin milestones watch thread (2nd fastest to 200 test wickets)

Below is the record. Grimmett holds it for achieving the milestone in his 36th test.

Ashwin is currently on 188 wickets in his 34th test match ( after 1 innings ) and needs 12 more wickets in 3 more innings to achieve it in his 35th test and break the world record. Worst case I believe he will equal it, but let's hope he can break it.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/c/content/records/283534.html

Edited by laaloo
3 minutes ago, Prashant cricketer said:

Like I said worst case he will be joint holder of world record, which is only marginally lesser than being lone holder.

It is very hard to imagine Ashwin not pick 12 wickets in 5 innings on these pitches against West Indies batting 

It will be interesting to watch in what is otherwise a dull series.

Btw, welcome to ICF! Wonderful first thread and keep posting. :two_thumbs_up:

3 hours ago, Tibarn said:

What is the record for 300 wickets? (Nevermind, I looked it up) 56 matches by Lillee, and Muralitharan did it in 58.   

Ashwin needs 112 wickets in 21 matches. He averages 6.6 wickets/match at home. I think Ashwin can break both. 

Yup i think he can break both, i even predict fastest to 400 wkts which is 72 matches by murali & i think he ll reach there by 65-66 matches.

11 minutes ago, SLICKR392 said:

Rohit said it himself that he was a spinner when he came in. 

ohhh whoever said it was bad bad bad excuse, i think most people at that age do both things. And even if he was he didnt work hard n enhanced his skill, he could have easily been a batting all rounder in such case. 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yup i think he can break both, i even predict fastest to 400 wkts which is 72 matches by murali & i think he ll reach there by 65-66 matches.

Definitely. After this series in the Windies we have 13 tests in India and 3 in Sri Lanka, so this next phase could be Ashwin's best in terms of wickets. 

1 minute ago, Tibarn said:

Definitely. After this series in the Windies we have 13 tests in India and 3 in Sri Lanka, so this next phase could be Ashwin's best in terms of wickets. 

Also there is another 3-test series against Lanka at home after we come back from Sa. HE would also do well In eng as he is enjoying bowling with dukes and they dont have to many good batsman left with them.

It remains to be seen how he wud bowl with kookabura in Aus, Sa n Nz thats were i feel kumble will be big help to him n captain who'll ask him to be wicket taking bowler rather last time where dhoni asked him to a defensive bowler.