Mishra the batsman

gattaca

34 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

I am not quite sure, why is this hate for SIR jadeja...

In the recently concluded test series with SA, he was the TOP 5 batsmen of that series ....Credit where it is due...

But he cannot contribute in all conditions...

Even i dnt get it, ok he hasnt gone on to improve his batting a lot . Yet he is terrific bowler a complete match winner on turning wkts like any batsman on pattas, He is an outstanding fielder and has bowled better than ashwin in Odi many times in overseas. 

I think his batting dindt come off coz he never had the power game and he was batsman who could rotate more. Batting at 7 completely changed his game and it didnt even give him enough match time most times to be in Rhythm.

Jadeja is one of the most improved cricketers in most ways and if he spends a lot of batting time on crease his batting can improve a lot to. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, Bleed-Blue said:

Yep 100 % agree. Mishra is very average, seems like Kohli/Kumble are favourimg just becos he is a wrist spinner.

I like the approach that Virat is taking with the bowler,  whether its Yadav or Mishra.  Back the bowlers we've got instead of complaining that they aren't that great.  Give them confidence and situations that provide maximum opportunities to succeed.  

Jaddu is an excellent test bowler, but its horses for courses.  Teams like WI are much more vulnerable to a legspinner, even a not-great one like Mishra.  

50 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I like the approach that Virat is taking with the bowler,  whether its Yadav or Mishra.  Back the bowlers we've got instead of complaining that they aren't that great.  Give them confidence and situations that provide maximum opportunities to succeed.  

Jaddu is an excellent test bowler, but its horses for courses.  Teams like WI are much more vulnerable to a legspinner, even a not-great one like Mishra.  

Jaddu will be even more effective here.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Jaddu will be even more effective here.

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Mishra in my opinion is way past his best . Jadeja though is pretty underrated .

With Jaddu in there was a chance of Windies being bundled 20 runs or 8-10 overs earlier but Ashwin is our main spin bowler. Although figures dont reflect it but he bowled very well in first inning of game 1 when it wasnt going all too well with offspin. Mishra just gives additional testing option to Kumble and Kohli.

IMO Jaddu is competing for spot against Ashwin.

Edited by mishra